PDA

View Full Version : Albert Pujols Game Used Bat/ MLB/ Family Foundation

spartanservitto
07-13-2010, 09:39 AM
Im looking for a Pujols bat, MLB authenticated or Pujols Family Foundation. I have basically come to the point where I think this is the only safe bet on an Albert bat. I know it is going to cost more, but I would rather erase any doubt. If anyone has one or knows of any please let me know. I am looking to save a little over 3K and go after one.

-Tony

spartanservitto
07-13-2010, 10:26 AM
servitto84@yahoo.com

-Tony

flota89
07-13-2010, 10:58 AM
This looks to be about as good as it gets.
http://www.sportsmemorabilia.com/sports-products/albert-pujols-2009-game-used-marucci-bat.html

rj_lucas
07-13-2010, 11:17 AM
It's unlikely that $3K would be enough for a bat with MLB or Foundation authentication, assuming you could even find one. The Pujols bat sold at the Pujols Family Foundation charity golf event last year went for $10K. Prior to that, the last bats sold by the Foundation were 2007 bats, sold in late 2007 and early 2008. I believe they were asking $6K on their website at the time, although I remember one selling at auction for around $3200. That was two MVPs ago.

MLB.com had one authenticated Pujols bat for auction last year. It was broken completely in half and missing the handle. I would need to dig through my notes to see what it sold for, but it was big bucks.

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com

spartanservitto
07-13-2010, 11:45 AM
I dont know man, I think 4 k should be able to get one. I cant believe someone paid 10k for one and he isnt dead, or reached any plateau numbers wise. But given the fact it happened is insane.

-Tony

spartanservitto
07-13-2010, 11:57 AM
Well then, I guess if someone has a PHOTOMATCH bat, I would also be interested.

-Tony

rj_lucas
07-13-2010, 12:21 PM
This looks to be about as good as it gets.
http://www.sportsmemorabilia.com/sports-products/albert-pujols-2009-game-used-marucci-bat.html

Looks like a nice bat. I asked about price and received the following response:

"I have spoken to our special acquisitions manager and he has provided me with more information. The bat was acquired last year in the series following the all-star break with the Arizona Diamondbacks. The bat was originally owned by an associate or Mr. Pujols who worked with him for his foundation. The bast comes with full certificate of authenticity as well. The bat lists for $7,500, but our price is $5,845.00."

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com

spartanservitto
07-13-2010, 12:32 PM
Is it their certificate, or is it the pujols family foundation. I asked and received the same response. There is no way they sell that bat for 6 grand without that. I would say 4-5, I also was going to ask for more photos in regards to try and photo match the bat.

-Tony

spartanservitto
07-30-2010, 11:54 AM
bump.... Looking for a louisville, signed or unsigned, need traits. Does not have to be MLB /Family Foundation...

-Tony

legaleagle92481
08-02-2010, 12:18 PM
Ok to clear a few things up. A Pujols MLB certified cracked gamer sold for 1,400 in Jan. 2009 on Ebay. Another that was in much worse condition sold a couple of months after that for not even a grand. Before the great recession I believe it was Bert Shoremen44 who sold an amazing autographed mlb certified gamer for somewhere between two and three grand. They are rare but out there and pop up once-twice a year. Not worth over two-three grand imo unless its a homer bat or uncracked.

spartanservitto
08-15-2010, 11:29 AM
Bump.

Still looking. Preferably a Louisville.

-Tony

spartanservitto
08-15-2010, 11:53 AM
Bump.

Still looking. Preferably a Louisville.

-Tony

Never ending quest continues. Just need one.

-Tony

lakeerie92
08-15-2010, 08:06 PM
Taube has a Pujols BP bat for under $1k. May not be what you are wanting though

spartanservitto
08-15-2010, 10:42 PM

Saw it, definitely not. He also had a '10 Pujols that had no tar and light use...passed on that also.

-Tony

spartanservitto
08-15-2010, 10:42 PM

Thanks for looking out though, always appreciated.

-Tony