PDA

View Full Version : Albert Pujols Marrucci bat on Ebay

spartanservitto
07-05-2010, 07:55 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ALBERT-PUJOLS-ST-LOUIS-CARDINALS-GAME-USED-BAT-RARE-/360278284764?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53e24259dc#ht_500wt_1033

- What do you guys think of this bat? Is there a reason there is no manufacture date, weight and length on the handle? Am I missing something.

-Tony

nomarmauerfan
07-05-2010, 09:15 PM
It looks like the one they have in the Baseball Express catalog. It looks to be a retail bat. Check out www.baseballexpress.com and you'll see what I mean.

Mike

stlbats
07-05-2010, 10:36 PM
Thats what I was thinking as well. If it is a Baseball Express bat, that sure didn't take long. They just started offering the exact Pujols model not too long ago.

stlbats@bellsouth.net

Jason

flota89
07-05-2010, 11:27 PM
I asked the seller. He said he was not sure why it was not on the knob because he doesn't know a lot about bats. :rolleyes:

spartanservitto
07-05-2010, 11:42 PM
It should have the manufacture date if it was made for Albert. plus the 4 and 1.9 or 1.8. I'm staying away

-Tony

ironmanfan
07-06-2010, 07:32 AM
I asked the seller. He said he was not sure why it was not on the knob because he doesn't know a lot about bats. :rolleyes:

That's ironic since out of the 11 things he is currently selling on eBay, five of them are bats...

tbone90
07-06-2010, 07:49 AM
Most of his recent feedback is from bats as well. Having a sports related ebay name and using light game used bat terminology in the description raises my eybrow as well.

spartanservitto
07-06-2010, 08:01 AM
July 4, 2010. This was the third game in a row, and probably the last until 9/11, that the team wore the Stars and Stripes caps... No matter how much I enlarge the photo of the knob on this Pujols bat, I can't find a manufacture date, length or weight. Hmm....

Bird Bats blogged that, im pretty sure it's the red flag for everyone.

-Tony

justinbittner220
07-06-2010, 03:02 PM
Maybe someone on the board that is better with bats than I am could verify the Braun bat is authentic or not. Then maybe you could base your opinion of the Pujols on that knowledge. I'd assume that most people that sell one fake thing would sell several... not just be legit here and there.
Let me know what you make out.

On a side note, we should make a post of crappy ebay sellers to warn each other.

jjkraner
07-06-2010, 08:50 PM
Braun Auto is real but I dont think the bat is a game used bat. The number looks to be added later and I havent seen any in gold paint.

metsbats
07-07-2010, 09:23 AM
I was able to get some feedback on this bat from Marucci.

"We suggest holding off on the Pujols bat you saw on ebay.. It looks a little suspicious to us, we're trying to contact the seller directly to see where he got it. It definitely hasn't been used in a real MLB game, we're trying to do some background work to see if perhaps it was used in batting practice etc. I'll let you know if we hear anything back from him. Thanks for pointing it out."

spartanservitto
07-07-2010, 09:25 AM
Wow, that was awesome, that is too cool that they are interested in that. I recently bought one and I think I photomatched it, it has a manufacture date as well as the 4 for length and the 1.9. The characteristics look good, but it doesn't make sense that the other features are not there. What is weird to me is that it still has the 5. Do they sell store model bats with that?

-Tony

metsbats
07-07-2010, 10:01 AM
Tony,

I asked Marucci if they sell store model player model bats and pointed them to the baseball express site. As a customer you can order custom pro model bats (including the Pujols model) and I asked also if they permit customers to order a custom bat with a mlb players name stamped. (Most bat companies do not and I hope they do not either). Marucci does not date or weight stamp bats for non mlb clients. However as a customer they will stamp one to two characters or digits on the bat knob. For instance on the bats I order I typically ask them to stamp DL in the knobs.

I'm hoping that someone didn't order a Pujols model bat with his name stamped on the barrel and his number stamped on the knob.

spartanservitto
07-07-2010, 10:07 AM
When I said it looked weird, I was referring to the Ebay bat. It just has a 5. If they are curious about the bat, Id assume that they do not stamp the players name, unless it is ordered by the player. Like say Pujols wants to sign a bunch of bats for charity or whatever. They would probably just have the 5, and not the other features. Thanks for the information, let me know what they say about the other questions you asked.

-Tony

STLHAMMER32
07-07-2010, 10:17 AM
Wow, that was awesome, that is too cool that they are interested in that. I recently bought one and I think I photomatched it, it has a manufacture date as well as the 4 for length and the 1.9. The characteristics look good, but it doesn't make sense that the other features are not there. What is weird to me is that it still has the 5. Do they sell store model bats with that?

-Tony

Tony, is that 1.9 written or stamped?

spartanservitto
07-07-2010, 10:18 AM
The one on Ebay doesn't have either. Or are you talking about mine?

-Tony

STLHAMMER32
07-07-2010, 10:19 AM
The one on Ebay doesn't have either. Or are you talking about mine?

-Tony

yes, I was curious about yours.

spartanservitto
07-07-2010, 10:20 AM
Email me.

servitto84@yahoo.com

-Tony