PDA

View Full Version : Restaurants with sports memorabilia

ivo610
07-03-2010, 02:38 PM
I am curious if any of you guys have been in any restaurants with an impressive sports collection?

I recently was in one in Wi called Rookies that had a ton of signed items but nothing that I saw was game worn.

spartakid
07-03-2010, 02:55 PM
Willie McCovey's restaurant cleverly named "McCovey's" has hundreds of both bats and jerseys on the wall. Then they alos have cases set up with game worn jerseys and game used bats next to the booths of the star players like Ichiro, Pujols (I believe), etc. Definitely has many museum-quality pieces. Located in Norcal

CampWest
07-03-2010, 02:55 PM
Chappell's Restaurant and Sports Museum in Kansas City, Mo. has a lot of autographed photos and replica helmets and replica jerseys.

http://chappellsrestaurant.com/chappells/menu.asp

Also 810 Zone, a sports bar from a local sports radio station, Kansas City Mo and Leawood, Kansas. A lot of the co-owners are former players so they have some actual game used equipment from Royals, Chiefs, KU Jayhawks and KState Wildcats.

http://810zone.com/

lowell25
07-03-2010, 03:54 PM
Mickey Mantle's resturant in New York has a lot of memorabilia. I would 90% of the resturant is memorabilia. NICE STUFF AND GREAT FOOD.

metsbats
07-03-2010, 11:37 PM
Frankie and Johnny's Pine Resturant in the Bronx has alot of Yankee memorabilia.

gaytorhater703
07-03-2010, 11:44 PM
i stopped at a whattaburger around orange texas......they had autographed gretsky jersey, nolan ryan, troy aikman....and about 3-5 more auto jerseys i forget.....anyway pretty impressive for a fast food joint.

hippo916
07-04-2010, 12:00 AM
Don and Charlie's, and the shuttered Pink Pony, which may reopen, in Scottsdale, AZ. Also, Lefty O'Doul's in San Francisco, CA, and Tony & Alba's Pizza in San Jose, CA, which has original game-used 49er's jerseys -- check-out the proper tagging and game wear, including Montana.

lehmsbobby
07-04-2010, 08:27 AM
Don and Charlie's, I know its already been said but during spring training you go and you are guaranteed to see a baseball player/coach or some other athlete, plus the amazing memorabilia. I've saw Muhammad Ali, Rollie Fingers, Lou Pinella, Joe Torre among many others there in just around 5 visits:D .

BarryMeisel
07-04-2010, 08:36 AM
Wayne Gretzky's restaurant in Toronto has some of his most historic game-worn jerseys in display cases along the walls.

And there is a fantastic game-used stick display in the main dining room.

Chris Chelios' restaurant in Detroit has some cool game-worn jerseys, too.

shirkr
07-05-2010, 10:54 AM
Players Sports Bar and Grill in Wichita, Kansas. Players has been a Wichita favorite for 25 plus years. Oddly enough, just this week the owner changed the name to Brooklyn's Chophouse and Brew Tavern. The memorabilia alone is insured for millions.

April 10, 1962
07-06-2010, 10:09 AM
The Five Seven Grille at Minute Maid Park has a lot of Jeff Bagwell and Craig Biggio items in and around the dining area. They are in glass cases.

suave1477
07-06-2010, 12:06 PM
JAY Z'S 40/40 club in NYC has an autographed jersey of just about every superstar athlete you can think of.

yankees24
07-06-2010, 12:53 PM
have any of you ever been tempted to ask if they would sell the item?

Tedw9
07-06-2010, 04:44 PM
I think a good chunk of the items at Mickey Mantle's are for sale.

I love going there to eat!

kj33706
07-06-2010, 07:26 PM
mike shannons and al hraboskys in st.louis is loaded with sports things........
and of course ozzie smith's resturant just opened on washington street and its loaded with alot of his items............... if your ever down in st.louis area you have to check it out its worth stopping by............ if your a cards fan its A MUST.....................

ivo610
07-06-2010, 09:30 PM
JAY Z'S 40/40 club in NYC has an autographed jersey of just about every superstar athlete you can think of.

The suite that Jay-Z uses has some amazing sports pictures I have never seen before which I thought were more impressive than the jerseys lining the wall.

you would think he would have some sweet game worn jerseys in there since athletes look up to him.

island_style
07-07-2010, 04:53 AM
mike shannons and al hraboskys in st.louis is loaded with sports things........
and of course ozzie smith's resturant just opened on washington street and its loaded with alot of his items............... if your ever down in st.louis area you have to check it out its worth stopping by............ if your a cards fan its A MUST.....................

When I was living in St. Charles, MO (early-mid 90's) I went to Ozzie's restaurant and remember seeing a bunch of Gold Glove awards in a glass case. I don't know if they were the actual awards, but it was an impressive display!

Kind Regards,

Ron.

Rsamiano@aol.com

34swtns
07-07-2010, 09:04 AM
Lee Roy Selmon's restaurant in Tampa has some amazing items from Lee Roy's career on the walls.

The Island Way Grill in Clearwater is owned by Mike Alstott and Dave Moore of the Bucs and has some of their stuff on the wall......in the men's bathroom! It's a pretty high-end eatery and I think they didn't want to detract from that by displaying their stuff out in the main area.

jdr3
08-08-2010, 07:06 PM
There is a bar at the corner of Wisonsin and M Streets in Georgetown called Champions. They sold off much of their stuff to another sports bar in Virginina that I don't know the name off. The photo is just a small portion of what they had. It was an increadible place

lambogreenjoeyb
08-08-2010, 07:28 PM
When Ozzie Smith had his restaraunt in Westport Plaza, above the bar, he had game used rookie autographed jerseys of Griffey Jr. and Bonds.

cincy13
08-09-2010, 10:07 PM
The Montgomery Inn, both locations, one in Montgomery (small upper class neighborhood in Cincinnati) and the other one down on the Ohio River just east of the baseball park. Very impressive jerseys and other memorabilia.

legaleagle92481
08-09-2010, 10:54 PM
daryl strawberry just opened a restaurant in queens, ny that has alot of stuff from him and other players.