PDA

View Full Version : NFL 2011 Lockout

34swtns
06-30-2010, 05:46 PM
I heard an interview with former Buccaneer, Jerry Wunsch today and he said that the people within the NFLPA that he speaks with on a regular basis are all "150% sure that there will be no football in 2011". He says talks have broken down indefinitely, both sides are firmly opposed to any agreement that would compromise their demands, and "a lockout is a certainty".

Well, that sucks.

LastingsMilledge85
06-30-2010, 06:29 PM
And this is why we have the UFL :D

otismalibu
06-30-2010, 06:54 PM
A year of no camp, no pre-season, no reg. season... just watch how many guys eat/drink themselves out of the league.

Leave lookin' like Cris Carter, come back lookin' like Nell Carter.

slambam
06-30-2010, 11:25 PM
Charlie Batch agrees...

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10160/1064192-66.stm

I little bit of me actually hopes that they do lock out. MLB learned their lesson in the 90's. And didn't they almost have another lockout in '03, but got it figured out shortly before the deadline? I can't find anything on Google, but I swear I had tickets for a Wednesday afternoon Cubs/Cards game, and on Tuesday we weren't 100% sure they would be playing. But either way, MLB learned their lesson and I think the NFL would suffer the same fate if they do go on strike. Especially considering the state of our economy, and the lockout is basically a money battle between rich owners vs rich players. I think the NFL knows that. I won't be surprised if they do lock out, but I will be surprised if it lasts long enough to affect the 2011-2012 season

Neely8
07-01-2010, 01:31 AM
It may not be such a bad thing for me since it will spare me another season of ineptitude from the Rams.

sox83cubs84
07-01-2010, 01:28 PM
I really don't care...since the NFL chased Rush Limbaugh out of a chance at being a part-owner because of his political views, I haven't spent one cent on any NFL merchandise directly from the teams or the league. There's still the baseball playoffs, the NHL and the NBA throught those months...I'd be plenty satisfied with that.:D

Dave Miedema