PDA

View Full Version : Opinions wanted,

BAT-DNA
07-15-2006, 10:48 PM
I recently bought a bat on Ebay for a little over $200.00. I received the bat a few days ago and noticed that on the reverse of the bat barrel a strip of wood approximatly 2" wide by 11" long was missing and a unknown material was in its place, along with a sloppy paint job covering it. Here is the Ebay Listing description:

YOU ARE BIDDING ON A GAME USED Name of player LOUISVILLE SLUGGER. BAT HAS BEEN CRACKED AND REPAIRED AND DISPLAYS VERY NICELY. BAT IS A C271 LOUISVILLE SLUGGER MODEL WITH NO LINE UNDER THE 125. BAT HAS SOME GREAT GAME USE AND HAS A Player name TAPED HANDLE. THE BARREL HAS Name of player IN BLOCK GOLD LETTERING WITH Team name UNDER HIS NAME.

I left out some of the information on the listing because this item can still be viewed on ebay and I do not want to reveal the seller at this time.

If you notice there is no mention of this missing peice the only thing mentioned is a "cracked and repaired" part of the bat. I want to know from you if I should ask for a refund, partial refund, forget about, or what?
Also does the missing peice lower the price of the bat? If so how much %? and does the sloppy repair lower the price even further?
Any thoughts on this would be helpful, I will try and post pics tomorrow.

Also no scan of this side of the bat was posted, I feel the seller was trying to get by with something at the least. I do not consider a 2"x11" missing piece of wood on a bat, the same as a repaired crack. Any opinion on this is welcomed.

Thanks
Russ

trsent
07-15-2006, 11:06 PM
Russ, email the seller with your concern.

As a seller myself, I would generally give two options: Either a partial refund to keep the item or you ship the item back to me and I'd give you a refund upon receipt of the merchandise you are not pleased with.

If the seller doesn't offer either, dispute the item through PayPal or eBay's system as I believe even an item being sold as "no returns" still has a return policy for defective or not properly described merchandise.