PDA

View Full Version : Josh Hamilton long home run picture question

cjclong
06-29-2010, 02:38 PM
In the second inning of the game this Sunday evening with the Houston Astros Josh Hamilton in the second inning hit the second longest home run in the history of the ball park. I was trying to find a picture of him hitting the home run. AP Images has a picture of Hamilton in the at bat in the second inning.of that game. He is taking a full swing. I don't know if this is a picture of the home run or not. The reason is AP titles this picture Hamilton swinging at a pitch in the second inning and doesn't say he hits a home run. I watched the replay on the Rangers site and the count was one ball one strike when he hit the pitch. My memory is that he took the first two pitches and then hit the home run on the third pitch. If my memeory is correct then the AP picture is the the home run because that would have been the only ball he swung at in the at bat. But if my memeory is bad and he swung and missed the first pitch then it may not be the home run, I know he took the second one for a ball. I would like to get him to autograph the picture if it is the home run and try to match it up with a bat later, if possible. If anyone can remember the at bat well enough to tell me if he swung and miised any pitches during it I would appreciate it. I know this is awfully long and I apologize. Any help will be appreciated Thanks, Crawford Long

STLHAMMER32
06-29-2010, 03:28 PM
I am almost 100% positive that the AP photo is of him hitting the hr. I did a side by side comparison of the hr swing from video with the one from the photo....notice the wrinkles on his sleeve as well as the pants each one matches up perfectly.It would be much easier to replay the game using mlb.tv but I currently don't have a subscription.....I think this proves it was the HR swing tho!

PwKw13
06-29-2010, 03:35 PM
In the box score on Baseball-Reference.com, it says that the first pitch was a called strike. (Click on the "3" in the pitch count column)

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/TEX/TEX201006270.shtml

joelsabi
06-29-2010, 03:59 PM

cjclong
06-29-2010, 04:00 PM
Thanks guys! I REALLY appreciate it. Also learned something about a resource on pitch counts. Both of you were a real help. That's what great about this forum.

cjclong
06-29-2010, 04:02 PM
And thanks to the third post also that came up while I was thanking the other two.

joelsabi
06-29-2010, 04:06 PM