PDA

View Full Version : question about Yankees - Steiner game jerseys

yankees24
06-25-2010, 08:44 AM
on Yankees - Steiner jerseys, there is a white tagging wrapped around usually the top front button. what do these tags represent, and are they already on the jersey when the Yankees send them to Steiner, or are they placed by Steiner. thanks.

legaleagle92481
06-25-2010, 08:47 AM
on Yankees - Steiner jerseys, there is a white tagging wrapped around usually the top front button. what do these tags represent, and are they already on the jersey when the Yankees send them to Steiner, or are they placed by Steiner. thanks.

I think that is how they know which jersey is which. The Yanks might have done it or they did, idk which but it is defintely inventory related.

yankees24
06-25-2010, 08:57 AM
thanks legaleagle92481, also do you know if all Yankee game jerseys that were sold through the Steiner partnership have this white tagging, or was this instituted only recently?

BULBUS
06-25-2010, 09:06 AM
This was started a while back, not sure when though. They are inventory tags placed on there by the Yankees, then when Steiner receives them, they know what each jersey is. Then they can make the LOA.

yankees24
06-25-2010, 09:08 AM
This was started a while back, not sure when though. They are inventory tags placed on there by the Yankees, then when Steiner receives them, they know what each jersey is. Then they can make the LOA.

thanks Chris, in general are collectors concerned if one of these games jerseys is being sold in secondary market and is missing this tagging?

BULBUS
06-25-2010, 09:17 AM
I dont think so. sometimes they are taken off, sometimes they fall off. i see that steiner sometimes adds the tag number to the loa.

also, i'm not positive, but i dont think the mlb authenticated jerseys always have these tags because they are authenticated as game used on the spot.