PDA

View Full Version : Alex Rodriguez jersey sizes?

scottanservitz
07-15-2006, 12:00 PM
Hello members. Does anyone have a list from 98-02 for ARod's jersey sizes? I've seen them all over the place and want to get some accuate numbers. Thanks in advance.
Scott

suave1477
07-16-2006, 11:02 PM
I have a 2003 Alex Rodriguez Jersey size 52 I hope this helps!!!

sportscentury
07-17-2006, 12:19 PM
I have a 2003 Alex Rodriguez Jersey size 52 I hope this helps!!!

Jason,

Is that the one from Steiner? Is it still available? I'm still looking for one. Thanks,

Reid

suave1477
07-17-2006, 12:30 PM
Sportscentury no, this one is authenticated by MLB.
Unfortunately this one is not for sale, this one is from my own personal collection.
If I hear of anything I will let you know.

GrndSlm
07-17-2006, 02:17 PM
I have a 2004 road yankees jersey that was obtained directly from one of my clients on the team. Its a size 52 plus 2"on the sleeve and 2" extra length. I have seen mostly 52 in texas with the extra lengths on the sleeve and length. But alot of his Mariners items changed over the years.....He sold some rookie shirts with size 48 tagging and no extra length tags. Then I saw a size 48 with extra length only. He is very consistant with his sizes after the Mariners !!!

Thanks,
Juan Iglesias

sportscentury
07-17-2006, 03:11 PM
Sportscentury no, this one is authenticated by MLB.
Unfortunately this one is not for sale, this one is from my own personal collection.
If I hear of anything I will let you know.

Jason,

Thanks for your response. I'm blown away that there is yet another 2003 AROD gamer out there that is not a MeiGray shirt. As a friendly suggestion, I would check that shirt out with MeiGray (they can check the serial-numbered tag in their system as those tags were applied by the Rangers, not MeiGray) ... I've heard that there have been some mix-ups with the MLB-authenticated items. When MeiGray received the shipment of 2002-2003 Rangers jerseys, I drove to meet with them and go through the inventory in their offices. To the best of my recollection, I remember seeing two homes, two roads, and two alternates for AROD in their possession, so I am somewhat mystified, unless the shirt you have a Set 3 shirt, which would definitely explain it. But I would check with them so that you can know exactly what you have. Hope this helps,

Reid

trsent
07-17-2006, 03:17 PM
Could Steiner have bought jerseys from MeiGray and removed the MeiGray certification and added their own certification? I have no clue, but it sounds reasonable based on the jersey Reid and Jason have been discussing.

hblakewolf
07-17-2006, 03:26 PM
Joel-
I was not aware that Steiner adds their own identification patch to jerseys. Is this indeed the case?

It's a bit hard to believe they would remove the MeiGray patch and add a Steiner patch in its place. Brandon Steiner may have a huge ego and desires his name to be seen EVERYWHERE (TV, stadium team stores, internet, etc.), but at the end of the day he is also a sharp businessman and would not intentionally deface a jersey.

How comfortable would you be buying a 2003 Arod Rangers jersey void of the MeiGray tagging and paerwork, even if it did have some type if Steiner LOA or identification patch? Not me!

Maybe Barry Meisel would like to address this.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

trsent
07-17-2006, 03:41 PM
I only ask because I know Reid and Jason have discussed a jersey that Jason has/had that was a jersey that could fit the description of the conversation and the thoughts I previously posted above.

If I remember correctly, it is an Alex Rodriguez Texas Rangers game used jersey with Steiner authentication. Forgive me if I am wrong, but if such a jersey exists, we would all love to see photos of the jersey's detail and the accompanying authentication.

I have no clue, but it would be neat to see the jersey Jason has since none of us have ever seen such an item from Steiner.

sportscentury
07-17-2006, 08:33 PM
I only ask because I know Reid and Jason have discussed a jersey that Jason has/had that was a jersey that could fit the description of the conversation and the thoughts I previously posted above.

If I remember correctly, it is an Alex Rodriguez Texas Rangers game used jersey with Steiner authentication. Forgive me if I am wrong, but if such a jersey exists, we would all love to see photos of the jersey's detail and the accompanying authentication.

I have no clue, but it would be neat to see the jersey Jason has since none of us have ever seen such an item from Steiner.

Joel,

The jersey that you are speaking of is the original one that I asked Jason about in this thread. Actually, I'd like to see the one that Steiner authenticated as well as this one that MLB has authenticated.

MeiGray can be trusted 100% (that says a lot in this day and age) and, again, I did see all of the home, road, and alternate AROD jerseys (each individually serial-tagged) myself when I was there.

I know there were a lot (A LOT) of Set 3 jerseys that were bought by AROD himself for his own "distribution" (I've seen many of these, too, and this was a topic of several different threads on game used forum before the merger). So, if they are Set 3s, then that would clear things up. None of the ones at MeiGray were Set 3 (because the team didn't order Set 3s, at least not in 2003 or any year that I reviewed).

I'm not suggesting that the jerseys are not good as we've all seen many unusual things turn up in this hobby (part of what makes the hobby fun), but I really would like to see the scans. And, again, if they are serial-tagged (with the tags that were added by the Rangers), then they can easily be checked with MeiGray against their records. I'm just curious and would love to see photos of either (preferably both)!

Reid

P.S. To answer the original thread quesiton: I've owned many AROD jerseys. His size has fluctuated a little but here are the general sizes by team:
Mariners: 48/50 (sometimes with plus 2 inches extra length)
Rangers: 50/52
Yankees: 50/52
I have seen or owned jerseys of each of these sizes for the team specified that I know for a fact were real.

GrndSlm
07-17-2006, 09:02 PM
Guys, I believe we need to remember that alot of these players sell there jerseys personally. Specifically ARod !!! I have seen a ton of 2003 Texas Rangers jerseys with and without ARods signature !! I personally had 3 different HR jerseys that were auctioned off at Vintage..... All being 2003 set 3's !! Just some thoughts

Juan Iglesias

suave1477
07-17-2006, 09:22 PM
Guys Before We Run Off On A Tangent, Just To Clear The Air!!!

The Jersey I Own Is Not A Rangers Home, Road, Or Alternate Jeresey!!!

I Have A 2003 Arod All Star Jersey So That Would Be The Reason My Jersey Is Not A Meigray And Is In Fact Mlb Authenticated.

This Is An Item Of My Personal Collection!!!

sportscentury
07-17-2006, 09:51 PM
Guys, I believe we need to remember that alot of these players sell there jerseys personally. Specifically ARod !!! I have seen a ton of 2003 Texas Rangers jerseys with and without ARods signature !! I personally had 3 different HR jerseys that were auctioned off at Vintage..... All being 2003 set 3's !! Just some thoughts

Juan Iglesias

Hi, Juan...

Yes, these are the Set 3s that I was talking about. They were the topic of several threads on game used forum before the merger. I was told that Arod ordered and sold boxes of them, literally. The HAMMERED Arod jerseys that MeiGray obtained were the ones from the team (all Set 1 and Set 2 jerseys).

Reid

sportscentury
07-17-2006, 09:55 PM
Guys Before We Run Off On A Tangent, Just To Clear The Air!!!

The Jersey I Own Is Not A Rangers Home, Road, Or Alternate Jeresey!!!

I Have A 2003 Arod All Star Jersey So That Would Be The Reason My Jersey Is Not A Meigray And Is In Fact Mlb Authenticated.

This Is An Item Of My Personal Collection!!!

Jason,

Wow! Even better! Can you post some pics? I'd love to see that!

Thanks!
Reid

suave1477
07-18-2006, 08:21 AM
sportscentury ill try posting a pic later tonight, for some reason when i try to download pics to the forum frm my camera it always comes back as it being too big.

trsent
07-18-2006, 08:24 AM
Jason, lower the resolution of the pictures you are taking and that should fix it.

sportscentury
07-18-2006, 11:06 AM
Jason,

Thanks ... I look forward to seeing it!

Reid

GrndSlm
07-18-2006, 02:41 PM
Reid, i thought that AROD had done something like that because most of the jerseys on the market were set 3's and his late season HR's. I remember Canseco being one of the first to start detailing and selling his game used stuff. He was actually the guy that taught Alex how to market and profit on his items. But , of course, people take it to a totally different leverl. ARod went nuts in 2003 !!! Thanks for your thoughts.

Juan Iglesias

sportscentury
07-18-2006, 04:45 PM
Reid, i thought that AROD had done something like that because most of the jerseys on the market were set 3's and his late season HR's. I remember Canseco being one of the first to start detailing and selling his game used stuff. He was actually the guy that taught Alex how to market and profit on his items. But , of course, people take it to a totally different leverl. ARod went nuts in 2003 !!! Thanks for your thoughts.

Juan Iglesias

Juan,

It's really good to see you on the forum, though I'm not sure people appreciate who you are. I was told by the folks at Coast to Coast (Jeff Johnson) and Mill Creek (Scott Mahlum) who ran Arod's and Griffey's private hobby sales when they were with the Ms, that Griffey had taught Arod the ropes (which always made sense to me being that they were on the same team and their items were marketed nearly identically). But now that you mention it, I do remember that Jose's items were marketed that way, as well. Did Griffey take the lead from Jose?

Reid

BarryMeisel
07-18-2006, 05:18 PM
Joel,
Steiner Sports did not buy an Arod from us.
Scott, the Arods were acquired from Texas were sizes 50 and 52.

Hope this helps,
Barry

trsent
07-18-2006, 05:28 PM
Joel,
Steiner Sports did not buy an Arod from us.
Scott, the Arods were acquired from Texas were sizes 50 and 52.

Hope this helps,
Barry

Barry, thanks for your update on that one.

The issue is that Jason told Reid that he had a Steiner Alex Rodriguez Rangers jersey that his friend had for sale, but when Reid showed interest in buying the item is was no longer available for sale.

Needless to say, we all wanted to see pictures of this item and its authentication as no one has seen such.

sportscentury
07-18-2006, 05:38 PM
Barry, thanks for your update on that one.

The issue is that Jason told Reid that he had a Steiner Alex Rodriguez Rangers jersey that his friend had for sale, but when Reid showed interest in buying the item is was no longer available for sale.

Needless to say, we all wanted to see pictures of this item and its authentication as no one has seen such.

Hi, Joel -

As someone who has collected more than his fair share of Arod game used items over the last 10 years, I share your interest in this Steiner-authenitcated Arod Rangers jersey. Jason had told me about it a couple of months ago, in response to my expressed interest in picking up another AROD gamer (and I appreciated his attempt to help). Before that time, I had not known that Steiner authenticated third party items. This topic came up on a different thread and several people assured me that Steiner has never authenticated a third party item, so I'm not sure what to believe. But, one thing is for sure ... I would love to see pics of the Arod Texas jersey that was authenitcated by Steiner as the only real ones that I know of went to MeiGray. I'm not saying there are not others as I could not know for certain. But the only ones that I personally know of went to MeiGray.

Jason, is there any way you can provide pics of the Arod Rangers jersey that was authenticated by Steiner? If so, that would be great. Thanks!

Reid

GrndSlm
07-18-2006, 05:49 PM
Reid, maybe AROD got issued 4 jerseys from the team that later on ended up with MeiGrey. But, as we know AROD purchased his own inventory, used them, and sold them. Its most probable that all these pieces are legitimate with the most use going to the set 1's and 2's !! I have some pics on the set 3 HR jerseys that were authenticated and sold through Vintage. The were the typical size 52 with extra sleeve and length. I will try and find them now.

Juan

sportscentury
07-18-2006, 06:58 PM
Juan,

See my responses below.

Reid

Reid, maybe AROD got issued 4 jerseys from the team that later on ended up with MeiGrey.

Arod was issued two homes, two roads, and two blue alternates by the Rangers (each with a team-sewn serial number tag). My recollection is that MeiGray got all six. I have to believe that any other jerseys were ordered by Arod or someone else.

But, as we know AROD purchased his own inventory, used them, and sold them.

If you know this, that is great. I do not know this at all.

hblakewolf
07-18-2006, 07:33 PM
Reid-
It's my understanding that all Rangers jerseys were ordered and tagged by MeiGray. That's the purpose of the Rangers allowing Barry to oversee their jersey program. If indeed a player is allowed to order extra shirts outdie of an establihed program (in this case the MeiGray program), then it completely defeats the entire authenticity process.

Barry, care to comment?

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

sportscentury
07-18-2006, 08:06 PM
Howard,

I agree, of course, and this is one of the reasons that I am anxious to see the Arod Rangers jersey that Jason told me Steiner authenticated as a third party. I want to see if it is a shirt from MeiGray or one of the Set 3 shirts from Arod (or something else).

Reid

suave1477
07-18-2006, 08:23 PM
As I said before the Jersey I have in my own collection is NOT A RANGERS JERSEY , it is an ALL STAR JERSEY which would be the REASON IT IS NOT THROUGH MEIGRAY and directly through MLB.

This is something I posted earlier to the other member of this thread.

I tried down loading the pictures but it still wont take!!! I can email anyone the pictures if they are interested just post here your email address and I will send it to you.

trsent
07-18-2006, 10:43 PM
As I said before the Jersey I have in my own collection is NOT A RANGERS JERSEY , it is an ALL STAR JERSEY which would be the REASON IT IS NOT THROUGH MEIGRAY and directly through MLB.

This is something I posted earlier to the other member of this thread.

I tried down loading the pictures but it still wont take!!! I can email anyone the pictures if they are interested just post here your email address and I will send it to you.

You can email the photos to me.

I thought Reid said a few months ago a Rangers jersey was being offered 3rd party by you with Steiner certification. Sorry if someone was confused.

sportscentury
07-19-2006, 09:58 AM
You can email the photos to me.

I thought Reid said a few months ago a Rangers jersey was being offered 3rd party by you with Steiner certification. Sorry if someone was confused.

Joel,

You thought correctly. You are confused (in general), but not about this issue. I'd love to know more about this Steiner-authenticated 2003 Arod Rangers jersey.

And thanks for offering to post the photos for Jason.

Reid

suave1477
07-19-2006, 10:21 AM
Reid I think you got confused or a miscommunication in the emails.

CollectGU
07-19-2006, 10:50 AM
I'm interested in seeing photos of the All-Star jersey with MLB hologram if possible

suave1477
07-19-2006, 10:56 AM
CollectGU sure but you didnt leave any email address?

trsent
07-19-2006, 11:04 AM

Jason, you have my email, you can email me the photos and I'll post them for you.

Reid, do you have the emails originally from Jason discussing such a jersey?

sportscentury
07-19-2006, 11:04 AM

Jason,

Are you kidding? I have the emails right here - they are crystal clear. You and I had a full email discussion about this. Let me know if you want me to post the emails. I would LOVE to know how I am confused about this. Let me know if you want me to post the emails or if this response sufficiently helps to refresh your memory.

Reid

suave1477
07-19-2006, 11:16 AM
Reid I emailed you this morning I see you have not read hat one yet.

sportscentury
07-19-2006, 11:30 AM
Reid I emailed you this morning I see you have not read hat one yet.

Jason,

I did indeed see your email just now. I won't say another word on the subject, but it is utterly preposterous that you stated that I "got confused" about this matter. Rest assured, this is my last post on the topic.

Reid

hblakewolf
07-19-2006, 11:39 AM
Reid-
Can you possibly shed some insight on this issue? What are the facts?

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Always buying Phillies, Portland Beavers, McGwire and Ripken game used equipment

suave1477
07-19-2006, 11:58 AM
I see everyone feels this should be made a PUBLIC ISSUE ESPECIALLY SINCE HOWARD IS ASKING REID FOR THE FACTS I guess everyone feels to make my business there business espcially REID annoucing my business.

So here it is and case ended!!!

Someone offered me a AROD Rangers Jersey, I THOUGHT IT WAS STEINER AUTHENTICATED. I passed on it anyway bcuz I really wasnt interested in it. 2 weeks later REID posted he was interested in an AROD Jersey, I mentioned to him the one that was offered to me. I emailed the person about the Jersey but by that time it was already sold. I was also corrected that it was NOT STEINER AUTHENTICATED. So that was my mistake!!! So I explained to REID WHAT HAD HAPPEND AND THAT THE JERSEY WAS SOLD AND I MADE A MISTAKE BY SAYING IT WAS STEINER AUTHENTICATED A LONG TIME AGO.

Now he comes back on here still wanting to see the Jersey with Steiner authetication. I dont understand why? I dont have one does anyone else here have one??????????

I explained to him a long time ago it was a mistake, so why would you still be looking for it???????????

I guess thats what you get for trying to help someone out, they put your business in public.

From this point forward I will not try to help this individual!!!

sportscentury
07-19-2006, 12:33 PM
I see everyone feels this should be made a PUBLIC ISSUE ESPECIALLY SINCE HOWARD IS ASKING REID FOR THE FACTS I guess everyone feels to make my business there business espcially REID annoucing my business.

So here it is and case ended!!!

Someone offered me a AROD Rangers Jersey, I THOUGHT IT WAS STEINER AUTHENTICATED. I passed on it anyway bcuz I really wasnt interested in it. 2 weeks later REID posted he was interested in an AROD Jersey, I mentioned to him the one that was offered to me. I emailed the person about the Jersey but by that time it was already sold. I was also corrected that it was NOT STEINER AUTHENTICATED. So that was my mistake!!! So I explained to REID WHAT HAD HAPPEND AND THAT THE JERSEY WAS SOLD AND I MADE A MISTAKE BY SAYING IT WAS STEINER AUTHENTICATED A LONG TIME AGO.

Now he comes back on here still wanting to see the Jersey with Steiner authetication. I dont understand why? I dont have one does anyone else here have one??????????

I explained to him a long time ago it was a mistake, so why would you still be looking for it???????????

I guess thats what you get for trying to help someone out, they put your business in public.

From this point forward I will not try to help this individual!!!

Jason,

Do you ever wonder why you get in to so many arguments with forum members? Do you ever stop to think about your posts, before you submit them? Are you taken aback and befuddled when you are sanctioned and temporarily suspended from the forum?

While I must say that I appreciate your ego, the issue as to whether Steiner did a third-party authentication of an Arod Rangers jersey is a hobby issue, not your private business. This jersey was being offered to me through you, and I am sure you would agree that I am free to post questions and comments that are relevant to both the hobby and my personal collecting interests here on the forum, particularly when the issue in question is related to whether I spend $2500 on an item (not a small chunk of change by any means). Furthermore, I don't understand why you are so afraid of this issue being discussed on the forum. I would think that you would want to educate your friends and fellow collectors on the forum, but perhaps I am wrong about this.

I was willing to let the issue drop, but since you are attempting to drag my name through the mud, you have forced me to post again on this topic.

After the issue of Steiner doing third-party authentications became a thread topic on this forum (in which I was told that Steiner never does such a thing by other forum members), I emailed you to clarify the issue, as you had told me otherwise.

I find it absolutely incredible that now you say that you made a mistake and that Steiner did not do a third-party authentication on the jersey. I find it even more incredible that you have tried to make me look like I am the one who is confused and is misrepresenting things. Solely for the purpose of setting the record straight, here is what you wrote to me:

>From: jason edelman <admin@gameuseddirect.com>
>To: Reid Fontaine <rgf2@hotmail.com>
>Subject: RE: Regarding the AROD Game Used Jersey
>Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 19:13:20 -0700 (PDT)
>
>Hello Reid,
>
>The info that I gave you about Steiner doing 3rd party
>Authenticating WAS true. I thought they still did for
>special situations. After that post I was contacted
>directly by Steiner (bcuz they know me directly) and
>explained that they used to, but no longer do 3rd
>party authenticating bcuz of too many issues in the
>industry with fraud. So thats why I posted afterwards
>my new statement. By accident I gave you the wrong
>information bcuz that is what I beleived too untill I
>was notified that they used too but no longer.
>
>That is another reason why I am trying to find out
>more detail on the ARod Jersey!!!
>
>I hope this helps and apologies for the
>misinformation!!!
>
>--- Reid Fontaine <rgf2@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Jason,
> >
> > I just saw gameusedforum and am pretty confused. Is
> > the AROD jersey
> > authenticated by Steiner? Is it available? Does it
> > have the MeiGray letter
> > and Rangers' serial number tag?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Reid
> >
> > >From: jason edelman <admin@gameuseddirect.com>
> > >To: Reid Fontaine <rgf2@hotmail.com>
> > >Subject: RE: Regarding the AROD Game Used Jersey
> > >Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 10:59:21 -0700 (PDT)
> > >
> > >Hello Reid,
> > >
> > > I have a message out to the person inquiring
> > about if it has the MeiGray
> > >tagging? I will most likely here back tomorrow, as
> > soon as I do I will
> > >contact you and let you know what the status is.
> > > Thank you,
> > >
> > > Jason
> > >
> > >Reid Fontaine <rgf2@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > > Jason,
> > >
> > >That is fascinating! Thanks for this info. Can you
> > tell me the serial
> > >number
> > >on the tag? All AROD game worn Rangers jerseys had
> > serial number tags. I'd
> > >need to know the serial number before moving
> > forward. I do have interest in
> > >this jersey! Thanks,
> > >Reid
> > >
> > > >From: jason edelman
> > > >To: Reid Fontaine
> > > >Subject: RE: Regarding the AROD Game Used Jersey
> > > >Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 08:42:32 -0700 (PDT)
> > > >
> > > >Hello Reid,
> > > >
> > > > Actually this is a Very Unique situation this is
> > a Rangers ARod Jersey,
> > > >with a Steiner LOA. The reason being is the
> > jersey was aquired by Steiner
> > > >from a very well respected collector and had
> > great providence and Steiner
> > > >Issued an LOA. for it.
> > > >
> > > > Steiner does do this from time to time but it is
> > extremely rare. They do
> > > >third party authenticating but only if they know
> > exactly where it came
> > > >from.
> > > >
> > > > Along with it, it may have also the MeiGray
> > Paperwork but that I am not
> > > >sure of.
> > > >
> > > >Reid Fontaine wrote:
> > > > jason,
> > > >
> > > >is it a Yankees shirt? the arod yankees jerseys
> > come from steiner. the
> > >arod
> > > >rangers jerseys come from meigray. thanks. if it
> > is an arod yankees game
> > > >worn jersey with steiner certification, then i'm
> > interested. thanks,
> > > >reid
> > > >
> > > > >From: jason edelman
> > > > >To: Reid Fontaine
> > > > >Subject: RE: Regarding the AROD Game Used
> > Jersey
> > > > >Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 08:01:02 -0700 (PDT)
> > > > >
> > > > >Hello Reid,
> > > > >
> > > > > I am not sure if it comes with the Meigray
> > Paperwork, but it does come
> > > > >with a Steiner LOA.
> > > > > I do believe asking price is $2500.
> > > > > Let me know if your interested and I will ask
> > him?
> > > > > Thank you,
> > > > >
> > > > > Jason
> > > > >
> > > > > Jason
> > > > > President
> > > > > www.GameUsedDirect.com (http://www.GameUsedDirect.com)
> > > > >
> > > > >Reid Fontaine wrote:
> > > > > jason,
> > > > >thanks. is it a meigray arod jersey? what is
> > the asking price? thanks.
> > > > >reid
> > > > >
> > > > > >From: jason edelman
> > > > > >To: rgf2@hotmail.com
> > > > > >Subject: Regarding the AROD Game Used Jersey
> > > > > >Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 22:03:46 -0700 (PDT)
> > > > > >
> > > > > >Hello,
> > > > > >
> > > > > >Regarding you wanting an ARod Jersey.
> > > > > >
> > > > > >From time to time they pop on Ebay or Sports
> > auctions.
> > > > > >
> > > > > >I do know of someone now selling a Game Used
> > Rangers
> > > > > >ARod Jersey, What are you considerng to spend
> > and I
> > > > > >will let him know.

trsent
07-19-2006, 12:35 PM
Jason, I assume Reid didn't get the message that you made an error, which is why we all were asking to see the jersey and authentication. If he had a message of that nature he would have never kept this thread going.

suave1477
07-19-2006, 01:18 PM
REID first of all me running your name through the mud your the one who threw my name out there first!!!!!!!!!!!

Second of all it is your right to discuss questions and issues with members here on the forum, but in a professional matter which you lack.
Especially if the Seller or Buyer is a member here you can discuss with out using names!!! Obviously that slid right past you.

As far arguinbg with members the only person I truly argued with was TRSENT. Which makes your point - VOID!!!

NOW AS FAR AS YOU FEELING YOU HAD TO POST AND COPY OUR EMAILS - AS EVERYONE CAN SEE I POINTED OUT I MADE A MISTAKE A LONG TIME AGO AND EXPLAINED THAT TOO YOU,

WHICH YOU JUST PROVED MY POINT EVEN FURTHER THAT YOU DID GET THE MESSAGE AND YOUR STILL GOING ON ABOUT A JERSEY THAT DOESNT EXIST.

SO NOW EVERYONE CAN SEE FOR WHAT ITS WORTH, THAT SOMEWHERE YOU GOT CONFUSED!!!

sportscentury
07-19-2006, 02:16 PM
REID first of all me running your name through the mud your the one who threw my name out there first!!!!!!!!!!!

Second of all it is your right to discuss questions and issues with members here on the forum, but in a professional matter which you lack.
Especially if the Seller or Buyer is a member here you can discuss with out using names!!! Obviously that slid right past you.

As far arguinbg with members the only person I truly argued with was TRSENT. Which makes your point - VOID!!!

NOW AS FAR AS YOU FEELING YOU HAD TO POST AND COPY OUR EMAILS - AS EVERYONE CAN SEE I POINTED OUT I MADE A MISTAKE A LONG TIME AGO AND EXPLAINED THAT TOO YOU,

WHICH YOU JUST PROVED MY POINT EVEN FURTHER THAT YOU DID GET THE MESSAGE AND YOUR STILL GOING ON ABOUT A JERSEY THAT DOESNT EXIST.

SO NOW EVERYONE CAN SEE FOR WHAT ITS WORTH, THAT SOMEWHERE YOU GOT CONFUSED!!!

Jason,

Simply amazing. It's hard to argue with your reasoning.

I think this thread has long outlived its value.

Reid

s.carter
07-19-2006, 02:22 PM
Value? I think you and Jason turned this into a 3rd grade sandbox fight, I think anybody looking for value on this thread stopped reading around 9am this morning. This is the kind of thing that makes sane people question their involvement on this forum, you two have argued like little kids and through it all not a single piece of relevant information has been provided.

hblakewolf
07-19-2006, 02:25 PM
Jason-
All I want to know is if Steiner was/is authenticating other jerseys besides Yankees? Jason, can you comment? If so, what are the details?

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

suave1477
07-19-2006, 02:28 PM
Howard years ago Steiner did but they dont do it anymore. I thought they still did if it came from a trusted collection but i was corrected they do not do it at all.

hblakewolf
07-19-2006, 02:39 PM
Jason-
I'm not sure I understand you. the Arod jersey in question was from 2003, thus, Steiner would have had to have written a LOA in 2004/5/6? when was this program discontinued?

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Always buying Phillies, Portland Beavers and Ron Wotus game worn jerseys and equipment

Howard years ago Steiner did but they dont do it anymore. I thought they still did if it came from a trusted collection but i was corrected they do not do it at all.

s.carter
07-19-2006, 02:56 PM
Howard, call me crazy but why not just contact Steiner to get the correct answers. No offense to Jason but he clearly has had some incorrect information in the past. If the purpose of the forum is to educate as so many claim then why not end all the speculation and just get the correct answer right from the source instead of third parties.

suave1477
07-19-2006, 02:59 PM
Howard what are you talking about?

Eric
07-19-2006, 03:09 PM
Everyone-
Take the fighting off the site.
Eric

hblakewolf
07-19-2006, 03:10 PM
Jason-you said ina previous ost that the program was discontiued several years ago. The shirt in question was from 2003! How long ago could the authenticity program have been disco.?

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

suave1477
07-19-2006, 03:17 PM
Howard first let me ask you this did you follow anything I wrote???????

First of all I never said the Jersey was from 2003!!!

Second of all if I did say 2003 which I never did but lets say for this argument I did say 2003, what does it matter????
I said the Jersey was Steiner authenticated, and then made the correction that I was wrong and it wasnt Steiner autheticated.

What is your point???

hblakewolf
07-19-2006, 03:36 PM
Suave-
To be honest, I don't think an individual with professional encrypting capabilities could figure out exactly what you were/are trying to communicate. According to your information, you had a jersey authenticated by Steiner, did not have a jersey authenticated by Steiner, communicated with Reid, did not communicate with Reid, etc., etc. etc. I'm dizzy from this nonsense and as such, I'll just exit this thread and move on.........:confused:

WHEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Howard first let me ask you this did you follow anything I wrote???????

First of all I never said the Jersey was from 2003!!!

Second of all if I did say 2003 which I never did but lets say for this argument I did say 2003, what does it matter????
I said the Jersey was Steiner authenticated, and then made the correction that I was wrong and it wasnt Steiner autheticated.

What is your point???

Eric
07-19-2006, 05:48 PM
on that note, this madness is locked!

Eric
09-05-2006, 11:42 AM
Value? I think you and Jason turned this into a 3rd grade sandbox fight, I think anybody looking for value on this thread stopped reading around 9am this morning. This is the kind of thing that makes sane people question their involvement on this forum, you two have argued like little kids and through it all not a single piece of relevant information has been provided.

FYI

I have received questions about this user "s.carter" from forum members who questioned the nature of some of his posts. There was also reason to believe that the information in the user profile might not be real.

I contacted the s.carter to see if he had registered with his proper information and he immediately asked me to cancel his account.

I then mentioned that all the posts came from the same IP address as users from Steiner Sports.

"S.carter" then became quite defensive and told me to stop the questions and emails.

If you look at "S.carter's" posting history, everything is pro-Steiner.

Because S.carter refused to confirm valid information, he is no longer allowed to participate in the forum.

The reason I am sharing this information with you is so you can make your own decisions on what kind of weight to give the posts made by this user.

Any questions or comments can be sent to me here or at ecky3@aol.com
Eric