PDA

View Full Version : Hunt Auctions -1977 Toronto Blue Jays Home Jersey

vballGuy
06-24-2010, 03:31 PM
In case anyone is interested, I've spent the past few days analyzing Lot 563 on Hunt Auctions - a 1977-1978 Toronto Blue Jays home jersey. They only have one photo posted of the front of the jersey. I've attached 4 additional photos that were sent to me after I expressed some concerns about this jersey to Hunt.

There are two main problems with this jersey:

1. There is no strip tag located below the Manufacturer's tag. According to Rudy's Blue Jays guide (for which he has seen several 1977 Blue Jays jerseys), this strip tag should be there.

2. The Manufacturer's (Wilson) tag also does not correspond to other 1977 gamers.

I'm not saying this isn't a legitimate 1977 gamer, but these are enough red flags to steer my interest away from this jersey.

sox83cubs84
06-24-2010, 04:30 PM
vBallGuy:

I, too, would be apprehensive about this jersey. Even Wilson Blue Jays gamers over the years that DIDN'T have a strip tag had at least a box tag with a year embroidered into it.

#6 in 1977 was Ron Fairly, one of the best names on a pretty wretched team. I have actually seen a purported '77 Jays Fairly with a forged strip tag.

To me, at best, this is a minor league jersey...at worst, it's a phony.

Dave M.
Chicago area

nickacs
06-24-2010, 05:23 PM
Chalk up another one for this Hunt Auction...

I say they need to scrap this auction, at least all the BB jerseys.. Way too many from "Mr. Chili Davis" are questionable at the least.

Good luck bidding! :rolleyes: