PDA

View Full Version : Julio Franco 1999 Devil Rays jersey

jake33
07-15-2006, 09:34 AM
I am looking for a Julio Franco DeviL Rays game worn jersey, Julio only played in one game for the rays in 1999, I know it is a long shot, but thought I'd try anyways.

kylehess10
09-17-2006, 08:12 PM
I just found this on eBay, probably his only D-Rays bat. Pretty sweet:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Game-Used-Bat-Julio-Franco-TBDRays_W0QQitemZ270010070399QQihZ017QQcategoryZ60 596QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

camarokids
09-18-2006, 08:27 PM
left field collectibles had 2 - C-243 Julio Franco Devil Rays bats . I got the other .1711

indyred
09-22-2006, 09:01 AM
That would be an amazing find to get his jersey. Anyone know much about this 1 game stint for Franco in Tampa. When was the game. I was surprised he even has 2 Louisville Slugger bats with Tamps Bay on them out there, nice rare bats. Did he go to spring training or anything with them. Was the game he played in home or away?....

jake33
09-22-2006, 04:51 PM
it was a home game he struck out in his only at bat

kylehess10
09-22-2006, 05:05 PM
So with what camerokids said, that means there are 4 known Julio Franco Devil Rays bats, which also means that 3 would have to be issued then, right? But all are said to be game used. Something sounds fishy

indyred
09-22-2006, 05:19 PM
So with what camerokids said, that means there are 4 known Julio Franco Devil Rays bats, which also means that 3 would have to be issued then, right? But all are said to be game used. Something sounds fishy
That is why I was wondering if he went to spring training with them. Was he in the minors for them at all. Wonder how many bats he ordered? He was out of MLB for the prior couple seasons before, gets into 1 game there and is gone again for a few more seasons. Was he on the team for awhile, but just never got into games. I can see a few bats getting use in BP if he was on the roster, but just never got into games.....

Kid4hof03
09-22-2006, 06:05 PM
Since the bats are usually the property of the player Julio probably took the bats with him. I believe he played in the Mexican league in 2000 and 2001 before the Braves signed him so more than likely that's where the bats went after he left Tampa Bay.

At any rate, thanks for posting the link, I was able to work out a trade with Art at Left Field for the other bat. My Franco collection is coming along nicely. If anyone has any Franco items that want to move let me know.

Abe

kylehess10
09-22-2006, 06:13 PM
That is why I was wondering if he went to spring training with them. Was he in the minors for them at all. Wonder how many bats he ordered? He was out of MLB for the prior couple seasons before, gets into 1 game there and is gone again for a few more seasons. Was he on the team for awhile, but just never got into games. I can see a few bats getting use in BP if he was on the roster, but just never got into games.....

I did some searching and found out he played for the Devil Rays on September 22,1999 so that means he couldn't have been with them in spring training. Still not sure why there's 4 bats though. There's possibly even more of them out there

Airtron1
09-22-2006, 06:22 PM
Since the bats are usually the property of the player Julio probably took the bats with him. I believe he played in the Mexican league in 2000 and 2001 before the Braves signed him so more than likely that's where the bats went after he left Tampa Bay.

At any rate, thanks for posting the link, I was able to work out a trade with Art at Left Field for the other bat. My Franco collection is coming along nicely. If anyone has any Franco items that want to move let me know.

Abe
Abe,
I have a really rare Julio Franco Signed Promo Poster here is the picture it was a promo item when played in japan I'm friends with a long time friend of julios and have many gu items of his email me at airtron1@hotmail.com if intrested

Kid4hof03
09-22-2006, 07:22 PM
Players don't order a bat at a time, that's the reason. When Franco came back to the US he probably made a bat order, say a dozen or so. When it didn't work out with the D-Rays the bats went with him.

Abe

kylehess10
09-23-2006, 12:51 AM
Players don't order a bat at a time, that's the reason. When Franco came back to the US he probably made a bat order, say a dozen or so. When it didn't work out with the D-Rays the bats went with him.

Abe

wow I'm stupid, I didn't even think about that