PDA

View Full Version : Mid year Collecting Goals

legaleagle92481
06-20-2010, 09:44 PM
It is about the middle of 2010 so I was just wondering how everyone's first half has gone collecting wise. Have you found what you wanted? What do you have planned for the rest of the year?

For me it has been a rousing success I got my Peyton jersey and now my Mariano jersey, two of my big grails. I also decided to shift my collection into baseball only with the occassional NFL superstar purchase tossed in. My goal is to get a bat from every hitter and a jersey from every pitcher who is on the hof track who is currently active or recently retired (i.e. last five, six years).

flota89
06-20-2010, 10:24 PM
Picked up a few things but still looking for a Brendan Ryan bat. Thats my main goal right now.

randyjbeck
06-20-2010, 10:37 PM
I think I saw a Ryan bat at the Cardinals Authentics store yesterday.

flota89
06-21-2010, 09:06 AM
I think I saw a Ryan bat at the Cardinals Authentics store yesterday.
How much was it? Was it blonde?

CampWest
06-21-2010, 09:39 AM
It is about the middle of 2010 so I was just wondering how everyone's first half has gone collecting wise.

Good timing... I was planning on a similar follow up to the 2010 Goals thread.

A couple of my goals were to focus on adding a few cornerstone pieces of my favorite players and staying focused on my core collection of 70-80s Royals and young star(s).

On the corner-stones: The major cornerstone a George Brett gamer has so far been unsuccessful, but I figured it was a long-shot. On the second tier I have managed to add a couple of Jeff Bagwell bats - each with very heavy use. Biggio, Gwynn, Thome remain on the list for the second half of the year. Third tier - added a nice Berkman bat, hammered Carlos Beltran.

On the staying focused on 70s-80s Royals. So far, pretty good - though there has been little I've seen on the market. I've stayed pretty much on target. Added a great Billy Butler at FanFest that was photomatched to a 2HR game, a 3 double game, and a Player of the Week award. Added a Frank White bat or two. Added a couple of other 80s bats (Balboni & Sundberg).

On the flip side - I have purchased a few bats that really just bought because I liked the price, but they're not really ever going to be a bat I display.

Which reminds me, one goal was to find a display compromise with my wife that allowed us to both be happy and I knocked that off with a nice display cabinet at a great price (used but looks like new). Unfortunately its full and I kinda want a second case.

So far pretty good 2010 - a few good adds, a lot of solid bats that I'm happy with... just a couple missed items and a couple impulse buys. I'll probably have to slow down the second half of the year a bit to save some vacation and home improvement money.

spartanservitto
06-21-2010, 09:43 AM
Thus far: I added a Griffey gamer, a pujols, and a nice soriano. I wanted a solid Pujols bat that I felt comfortable with, I also always, always wanted a Griffey gamer and I found one that had everything I wanted.

From here on out: I have to lay low for a while. But I want to add a nice vladimir guerrero as a fair price, and I also want an Adam Dunn bat.

-Tony

CampWest
06-21-2010, 09:59 AM
BTW, I omitted one of my best adds - I withheld it because am wanting to post photos and make a special thanks all at the same time, but haven't had time to take quality pictures yet. Lets just say Joe - aka Eisenreich8 - did me a great favor in helping me knock a missing bat off my 80's Royals list.

On the staying focused on 70s-80s Royals. So far, pretty good - though there has been little I've seen on the market. ... Added a couple of other 80s bats (Balboni & Sundberg).

stdrwt11
06-27-2010, 02:48 PM
I was able to add a Griffey batting glove, a Hunter Pence batting practice hat, a Houston Rockets signed by 5 players from 2nd championship piece of game used floor, and my favorite player Craig Biggio bat (I have been looking for an item from him for a long time and excited to have gotten on finally!).

I am really satisfied for now but wouldn't mind adding something from Todd Helton, Peyton Manning, Derek Jeter, Josh Hamilton, or another Biggio item (other than a bat). :)

stdrwt11
06-27-2010, 03:06 PM
Here are pics of the Biggio and Rockets.

stdrwt11
06-27-2010, 03:23 PM
Legaleagle- I think that is pretty cool to go for every HOF bound players. That would be cool to have especially 20+ years from now. When people look at the players inducted from this time period you not only get to say you saw then play but you also collected their game used items and have them to display. :)

Spartan- if you don't mind me asking, what does a Pujols gamer go for? You don't have to say what you got it for but just curious, I am guessing around 1500-2000.

russyurk
06-27-2010, 03:41 PM
Really two things, any Detroit Tigers jersey from this year with the Ernie Harwell "EH" patch and my first Jim Abbott from any team.

solarlottry
06-28-2010, 12:24 AM
Looking to add as many quality 49ers shirts to the collection as possible. I have added in the last 6 months quite a few gems including a Rathman, Craig, Young, John Taylor, Keena Turner, Waters and 9 new 1994 throwbacks. I am also working on a Lott, Wright, Williamson, Hicks and Haley combo deal.

One of my main goals is to buy back the jerseys i sold 12 years ago. I have managed to buy one back of the 20 i sold. it is a start!

Always paying good $$$$$$ for quality 49ers and will always pay a finders fee for anyone who helps me acquire any great items.

Aloha

paul
garciajones@yahoo.com