PDA

View Full Version : George Brett bat last night on ebay 80-83 T85 and the new power seller

CampWest
06-17-2010, 11:10 AM
Anybody care to share any thoughts on this bat/auction?

http://i.ebayimg.com/04/!BvUyl7wBmk~$(KGrHqMOKi8EwIcdp4VSBMEE),btY!~~_12.J PG

Length, weight, model are all allegedly consistent with Brett ordering, but there were a lot of promotional bats made to those same specs in the 80-83 time frame thanks to the 390 average season in '80 and the pine tar incident in '83. The knob markings look okay, but the tar and ball mark usage had me concerned as well as a couple others I talked to. I did not bid.

http://cgi.ebay.com/GEORGE-BRETT-GAME-USED-UNCRACKED-1980-83-LS-T85-BAT-/180518615534?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a07bf79ee

Seller is new seller with zero feedback and listed a gob of pretty impressive items.

It appears that its very possible this bat was shilled. The winning bidder bid on 19 items in the last month, 18 from this seller. Thats unreal.
This bidder won a Gary Carter - http://cgi.ebay.com/GARY-CARTER-GAME-USED-1973-75-K55-EXPOS-ROOKIE-BAT-/180517776512?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a07b2ac80
Bid 299 on a Manny Ramirez glove and lost - http://cgi.ebay.com/MANNY-RAMIREZ-GAME-USED-AKADEMA-RED-SOX-AUTO-GLOVE-/180518591291?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a07bf1b3b
Lost on a Bernie Williams bat, bid of 149.
Won a Wade Boggs bat - http://cgi.ebay.com/WADE-BOGGS-GAME-USED-UNCRACKED-RAWLINGS-1998-DRAYS-BAT-/180518596715?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a07bf306b
etc... basically sort the sellers closed items on price and every highest valued item this E***W bid on it. He was even a last minute bidder on some lower dollar items, almost always bidding a dollar below a round number (ie 299, 74, 99, 149). Bidding a dollar below sounds like a bidder that doesn't want to win the item.

I'm afraid to buy one large $ item from a seller with no prior history, much less 18 at once.

Also, I hate pictures of bats with toes in them almost as much as the guy that uses the toilet for his pictures.

++++++++
Bidder Information
Bidder:
e***w( 35)
100%Positive
Item description:
Item Title: GEORGE BRETT GAME USED UNCRACKED 1980-83 LS T85 BAT!!!
Bids on this item:

30-Day Summary
Total bids:
Items bid on:
Bid activity (%) with this seller:
96%

Bid retractions:
Bid retractions (6 months):

30-Day Bid History
Category No. of Bids Seller Last Bid

Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Baseball-MLB 2 Seller 1 <1h
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Baseball-MLB 1 Seller 1 2h
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Baseball-MLB 1 Seller 1 3h
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Baseball-MLB 1 Seller 1 2h
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Baseball-MLB 1 Seller 1 19h
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Baseball-MLB 1 Seller 1 1d
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Baseball-MLB 1 Seller 1 <1h
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Baseball-MLB 1 Seller 1 1h
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Baseball-MLB 2 Seller 1 19h
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Baseball-MLB 2 Seller 1 22h
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Baseball-MLB 2 Seller 1 18h
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Baseball-MLB 3 Seller 1 20h
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Baseball-MLB 3 Seller 1 19h
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Baseball-MLB 3 Seller 1 22h
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Baseball-MLB 1 Seller 2 <1h
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Baseball-MLB 1 Seller 1 4d 18h

matt
06-17-2010, 01:51 PM
I cannot comment on the Brett bat as I am not an expert there, but I can tell you in a few days whether the seller is legit since I "won" the Bernie rookie bat as a gift for my father. Seller was professional in interactiuons so far, so we will see if I get my bat! I must admit that I failed to notice the 0 feedback in my rush. I would not normally have bid.

Anyone else win anything from this seller so we can commiserate later?

Matt

rj_lucas
06-17-2010, 02:11 PM
Also, I hate pictures of bats with toes in them almost as much as the guy that uses the toilet for his pictures.

I hear you. In particular, the lack of a fifth toe concerns me. Let's hope it's just a bad camera crop :)

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com

SkubeBats
06-18-2010, 08:01 PM
The seller of the Brett bat is Mike Schultz. He is going by the EBAY username mes19712010 now. He use to go by the following EBAY names of Brewers1994 and manica71. You can do a search on here for these EBAY names or by his name Mike Schultz. I don't want to buy from him but I made a mistake the other night and bought the Sal Bando bat he was selling and when I went and paid him through PayPal it came up with his name and it was to late for me. Now I own that Bando bat. Like always do your research before you buy.

SkubeBats
06-20-2010, 10:30 AM
Mike,
I never said every item you sell is fake or questionable. I think people have the right to know who their dealling with . About my items the prices might be high but who's aren't. It's not as if I need to sell because I need money. I sell to buy other things for my collection. If someone pays the high price that must mean that they really wanted it and couldn't wait for the price to go down. As for my experince in the collecting world is that I have been collecting Brewers items for well over 30 years now and I have a great Brewers bat collection not the biggest but one of the best. I know that sound like I'm bragging but when you ask me what quallifies me to know my stuff this is the reason I know what I'm talking about. I'm not a so called expert but I do know some things.

MSpecht
06-20-2010, 01:06 PM
This thread is now locked.