PDA

View Full Version : Question about ESM...

jon_8_us
07-13-2006, 05:17 PM
Is it just me but does it seem to anyone else that most of Elite Sports Marketing(ESM) game used bats show little to no use?Like the Manny Ramirez X bat they have on ebay now has no pine tar at all on it and Ramirez is a notorius pine tar junkie.Also the Beltran Old Hickory on ebay now as well.Almost no use.Most of there items seem to be game issued or batting practice used at best.Any thoughts?
jon

jettllc
07-24-2006, 12:07 AM
I have had the same concerns. I received a few game used balls with almost no use to them as well as a Ramirez bat. I have no idea what they use as the definition of game used but few of the items seem really well used.

staindsox
07-24-2006, 12:17 AM
I absolutely agree with you. I have several Ramirez bats and they are all caked with pine tar. There are cleat marks, ring impressions from the donut, deep deep stitching impressions, blue ink transfers...I wouldn't touch those ESM bats with a 10 foot pole. They still have a shine to the stain. Manny couldn't have taken more than one swing or so with those bats. Plus, a few of those up on eBay right now have cleared the $500 range. In my opinion, that's a little steep for a signed bat that doesn't really show any use. ESM has always made me a little nervous. I don't question the authenticity of the items in any way, but I have always been a little curious how "game-used" the items really are.

Chris

GrndSlm
07-24-2006, 12:55 AM
I totally agree with you guys. I have been in this business for a long time and it just seems that most of there bats are issued !! I bought one of those INFAMOUS Manny Ramirez XBATs with almost no use. It does have a ball rub on the barrell. Oh, and I bought a Deion Sanders rookie bat from them that has NO marks on the barrell. My son wanted it so I really could not send it back after I received it. I did call them and comlain that they do a horrible job with item descriptions......I also have seen several items that my clients reviewed and had some thoughts about. I represent professional baseball players. !

Juan Iglesias

jon_8_us
07-24-2006, 01:00 AM
I can attest to there being no shine on a real Manny Ramirez game used bat.He has to have the sloppiest bats in all of baseball.If it's not covered in pine tar from bat logo(heavy)to top of barrell(light)then he didn't use the bat in a game all my Manny bats are covered in tar.Just an observation from someone who owns many Manny game bats.....
jon