PDA

View Full Version : Any Old Copies Of The "scd" Sports Collectors Digest

jobathenut
06-15-2010, 03:34 AM
Hi there-I was just wondering if anyone had old copies laying around they might want to get rid of.Me and my brother used to read these all the time.We would buy every issue of them and read them.And we were just talking about them the other day and it brought back good memories.And just thought it would be neat to get my hands on some again.We recently moved and i downsized my collections and they did not make it.But i am sure i had boxes and boxes of them.As we never threw them away.Contact me if you have some.I can't afford to buy them.But would pay for the shipping maybe.My "pm" is on so just send me one if you have any.Thanks

jobathenut
06-15-2010, 03:41 AM
Only interested in ones from late 80's 1985 till like 2001.I am not sure what year we stopped buying them.It's whenever the magazine went from like 200 pages to like 20 pages.:) Too bad as it to me was the greatest collectors magazine.

jobathenut
04-17-2011, 12:20 AM
Alright,i am going to try asking agian.I cant believe noone responded with any for me.I cant believe me and my brother were the only ones that read these.....

sox83cubs84
04-17-2011, 02:32 AM
Alright,i am going to try asking agian.I cant believe noone responded with any for me.I cant believe me and my brother were the only ones that read these.....

I wish you would have gotten a hold of me a few years ago. When we moved several years ago, all of them (except one) went in the recycling bin, as I wanted no tangible recollections of them after they screwed me over just before that. The only one I kept is a pre-Krause issue that I was on the cover of, and that one I'm keeping.

Dave Miedema

commando
04-17-2011, 02:43 AM
I wish you would have gotten a hold of me a few years ago. When we moved several years ago, all of them (except one) went in the recycling bin, as I wanted no tangible recollections of them after they screwed me over just before that. The only one I kept is a pre-Krause issue that I was on the cover of, and that one I'm keeping.

Dave Miedema

Hi Dave, do you mind telling us what happened?

jobathenut
04-17-2011, 02:51 AM
Dont tell me that.Thats like a girl taking off her clothes and not having sex with me.But saying if you would have been here 5 minutes ago i would have....But seriously folks.....Dave-thanks,yeah we moved a couple of years ago and i left alot of stuff behind,out with the old and in with the new i guess.I wish i would have gone threw the crawlspace and put the effort in to dig threw the boxes.Oh well,I am sorry to hear they screwed you over.It used to be me and my brothers favorite magazine.I still have one that i kept.As they printed a story i wrote into them in thier reader reaction column....Thanks anyway-:D

Dave Miedema

sox83cubs84
04-17-2011, 10:44 AM
Hi Dave, do you mind telling us what happened?

Send me a private email....many Forum members know the story already and I don't wish to bore them nor take this thread any further off-topic than it already is.

Dave Miedema
sox83cubs84@hotmail.com

redoctober
04-24-2011, 09:34 PM
Cleaning out the house... just ran across a box of about 20 scd's from the late 90's. Fun to look at. Covers include McGwire, Sosa, Gwynn, Jordan, Kobe, etc.

My email is luebke@cox.net if interested.

jobathenut
04-24-2011, 10:08 PM
How much were you looking for them? Send me "PM" to discuss this-thanks
Cleaning out the house... just ran across a box of about 20 scd's from the late 90's. Fun to look at. Covers include McGwire, Sosa, Gwynn, Jordan, Kobe, etc.

My email is luebke@cox.net if interested.