PDA

View Full Version : Special Offer From Steiner Sports to GUU Members

ChrisCavalier
06-10-2010, 11:54 PM
In our continued efforts to provide special benefits to our members, next week Game Used Universe will be running another “Make an Offer” sale in conjunction with Steiner Sports. The program will work similarly to the one we ran recently with JO Sports. Specifically:

Beginning next Monday, June 14th through 8:00 pm PST on Sunday, June 20th, Game Used Universe members can submit a “Best Offer” for any team partnership item on the Steiner Sports website located at http://www.steinersports.com (http://www.steinersports.com/) or any team partnership item in the Steiner database. Regarding the latter, Steiner will be providing us a list of all the items that will be included which we can provide to any of our members who may be interested. At 8:00 pm PST on Sunday, June 20th, Game Used Universe will determine the HIGHEST offer for each item and present all the HIGHEST offers to Steiner Sports for consideration. Once the offers are submitted, Steiner Sports will inform us of the offers they are willing to accept and those submitting the accepted offers will be notified by Game Used Universe by 8:00 pm PST on Wednesday, June 23rd.

Among other things, Steiner Sports’ team partnership inventory includes items from the following teams:

1. New York Yankees
2. Boston Red Sox
3. Chicago Cubs
4. Dallas Cowboys
5. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
6. Syracuse Orangemen
7. Alabama Crimson Tide

Regarding accepted offers, please note that all standard shipping and handling fees will apply when items are shipped.

All offers must be submitted via email to sales@gameuseduniverse.com before 8:00 pm PST on Sunday, June 20th. Please note that if offers for the same amount on a specific item are submitted, the offer with the earliest email time stamp will be submitted to Steiner Sports for consideration. Obviously, if there are no two exact same offers on the same item, the offer in the highest amount will be submitted. Therefore, it is suggested that you place offers of the highest amount you are willing to offer given there may be multiple offers on the same items. We also suggest you make your offers as early as possible in case your offer is in the same amount as another member.

We are excited to make this offer available to Game Used Universe members and hope you have fun with it next week. We look forward to your participation and providing an additional means for our members to acquire quality sports memorabilia.

Sincerely,
Christopher Cavalier
CEO – Game Used Universe

yankees24
06-14-2010, 07:59 AM
good morning Chris, just wanted to check if there have been any updates yet regarding Steiner's inventory - very anxious to see what items are available and to submit best offers. thank you!

ChrisCavalier
06-14-2010, 09:27 AM
good morning Chris, just wanted to check if there have been any updates yet regarding Steiner's inventory - very anxious to see what items are available and to submit best offers. thank you!
Thank you very much for your interest and your post. Given the large number of Steiner items that are not currently on their website, we will be making a few modifications to the program to allow the offers to be responded to quicker as well as try to get the additional information out to everyone who might be interested in seeing all the items available.

With that said, we will be sending out additional information later today about the program and we will likely be running the program for a few extra days given the magnitude of the number of items potentially involved. Again, we will be sending out the information later today as well as provide an update here on the forum. Also, just in case anyone in going to ask, I don't know exactly what time that will be done but it will be sometime later today.

Sincerely,
Chris

yankees24
06-14-2010, 09:30 AM
excellent, thank you for the update Chris!

ChrisCavalier
06-14-2010, 10:20 AM
excellent,...
Just out of curiousity, are you at all related to Mr. Burns from the Simpsons :-)

ChrisCavalier
06-14-2010, 10:21 PM
As mentioned previously in this thread, we will be sending out an email to everyone tomorrow morning with the following information/modifications:

Beginning now through 8:00 pm PST on Thursday, June 24th, Game Used Universe members can submit a ‘Best Offer’ for any team partnership item on the Steiner Sports website located at http://www.steinersports.com or any team partnership item in the Steiner database. Regarding the latter, Steiner has provided GUU a list of all the items that will be included in the program that are not on their website and we will send that list to GUU members who requests the list from us. Given the number of items in the program, GUU will determine the HIGHEST offer for each item and present all the HIGHEST offers to Steiner Sports AT THE END OF EACH DAY for their consideration. Once the offers are submitted, Steiner Sports will inform us of the offers they are willing to accept and those submitting the accepted offers will be notified by Game Used Universe within the following 72 hours.

Among other things, Steiner Sports’ team partnership inventory includes items from the following teams:

1. New York Yankees
2. Boston Red Sox
3. Chicago Cubs
4. Dallas Cowboys
5. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
6. Syracuse Orangemen
7. Alabama Crimson Tide

Regarding accepted offers, please note that all standard shipping and handling fees will apply when items are shipped.

ALL OFFERS MUST BE SUBMITTED VIA EMAIL TO sales@gameuseduniverse.com (sales@gameuseduniverse.com) AND MUST INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:

1. Member Name
2. GUU User ID
3. Member Shipping Address
4. Member Phone Number

Please note that if offers for the same amount on a specific item are submitted, the offer with the earliest email time stamp will be submitted to Steiner Sports for consideration. Obviously, if there are no two exact same offers on the same item, the offer in the highest amount will be submitted. Therefore, it is suggested that you place offers of the highest amount you are willing to offer given there may be multiple offers on the same items. We also suggest you make your offers as early as possible in case your offer is in the same amount as another member.

Please feel free to let us know if you have any questions.

yankees24
06-15-2010, 06:57 AM
thanks Chris for the update, looking forward to what nice items Steiner will be offering!

also if Best Offers are accepted, will any Steiner related coupon codes be permitted to be applied to the final price?

ChrisCavalier
06-15-2010, 07:59 AM
thanks Chris for the update, looking forward to what nice items Steiner will be offering!

also if Best Offers are accepted, will any Steiner related coupon codes be permitted to be applied to the final price?
Since the program will already likely allow GUU members to acquire items at prices below what Steiner could normally be willing to accept (this is being done as a special promotion for our members), additional coupons will not be accepted.

In addition, trying to add an unknown layer like that to the program would make it too complicated for Steiner to determine if they are willing to accept any specific offers when they receive them.

Please feel free to let us know if you have any other questions.

-Chris

yankees24
06-15-2010, 08:07 AM
Since the program will already likely allow GUU members to acquire items at prices below what Steiner could normally be willing to accept (this is being done as a special promotion for our members), additional coupons will not be accepted.

In addition, trying to add an unknown layer like that to the program would make it too complicated for Steiner to determine if they are willing to accept any specific offers when they receive them.

Please feel free to let us know if you have any other questions.

-Chris

thanks Chris for clarifying, just wanted to have this addressed since there are some codes floating around here and the internet so not to cause any potential issues when this goes into effect.

yankees24
06-15-2010, 08:21 AM
those who might have missed this mentioned in the other part of the forum:

Thank you for your post and sorry for the confusion. We were attempting to post the list on the site but it didn't work based on the software requirements. At this point, anyone interested in receiving a list will need to contact us by email at sales@gameuseduniverse.com.

Thanks again for your post,
Chris

bama0037
06-18-2010, 11:10 PM
I would love to get the list of Alabama items that are not listed in their inventory. Thanks John

ChrisCavalier
06-19-2010, 01:51 PM
I would love to get the list of Alabama items that are not listed in their inventory. Thanks John
Hello John,

A list was set to you earlier this morning. Please feel free to email me if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,
Chris
chris@gameuseduniverse.com

dcgreg25
06-21-2010, 08:58 AM
I received a call from Chris this morning and he is having issues with his internet service provider. He is working with them to address the situation and restore his service. He asked me to relay his apologies for the issue and will get back to everyone on their offers as soon as possible.

ChrisCavalier
06-21-2010, 08:28 PM
I received a call from Chris this morning and he is having issues with his internet service provider. He is working with them to address the situation and restore his service. He asked me to relay his apologies for the issue and will get back to everyone on their offers as soon as possible.
Thanks for posting this for me Greg. Fortunately, after quite a bit of work, the technicians have been able to restore our email and internet service. Notably, since the technical problems centered around our internet service provider, this was not a situation that affect the site, etc. With that said, we have begun contacting people about their offers and should be able to inform everyone of Steiner's responses by tomorrow morning.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to contact me directly.

Sincerely,
Chris

legaleagle92481
06-23-2010, 12:17 AM
chris, did you get my offer? i sent it sunday morning.

ChrisCavalier
06-23-2010, 12:42 AM
chris, did you get my offer? i sent it sunday morning.
Yes Justin. We are in the process of finishing responses to all offers and yours, being one of the more recent ones sent, should be receiving a reply soon.

-Chris

legaleagle92481
06-23-2010, 12:53 AM
Yes Justin. We are in the process of finishing responses to all offers and yours, being one of the more recent ones sent, should be receiving a reply soon.

-Chris

ok thanks alot chris.

ChrisCavalier
06-23-2010, 02:38 AM
ok thanks alot chris.
Hello Justin,

All offers, with exception of the ones submitted today that need to be reviewed by Steiner, have been responded to. As such, I believe you should now have a reply.

-Chris

yanks12025
06-23-2010, 08:18 AM
Chris,
Can offers still be sent in, because your first post says the deadline was the 20th and in another one you said it's the 24th. Thanks

ChrisCavalier
06-23-2010, 11:13 AM
Chris,
Can offers still be sent in, because your first post says the deadline was the 20th and in another one you said it's the 24th. Thanks
Yes, offers can still be sent in. In fact, we will be sending out an email later today as a reminder.

-Chris

yankees506
06-25-2010, 03:30 PM
Hey Chris, just want to know how we will be invoiced and how can we pay? I sent you an email to send an invoice but no reply, lmk thanks!

ChrisCavalier
06-25-2010, 03:48 PM
Hey Chris, just want to know how we will be invoiced and how can we pay? I sent you an email to send an invoice but no reply, lmk thanks!
We are invoicing all the people whose offers have been accepted and finalized (some people had multiple offers where Steiner countered on some, etc). There are quite a few of them. We have already invoiced a number of people and we will be sending out the remaining invoices between today and tomorrow.

In addition, as an fyi, the program is working well enough for Steiner that we are extending the program until the end of the month (Wednesday, June 30). We sent out an email to that effect this morning. Therefore, if any members care to make any additional offers please feel free to send them to us.

Regards,
Chris

legaleagle92481
06-26-2010, 02:23 AM
We are invoicing all the people whose offers have been accepted and finalized (some people had multiple offers where Steiner countered on some, etc). There are quite a few of them. We have already invoiced a number of people and we will be sending out the remaining invoices between today and tomorrow.

In addition, as an fyi, the program is working well enough for Steiner that we are extending the program until the end of the month (Wednesday, June 30). We sent out an email to that effect this morning. Therefore, if any members care to make any additional offers please feel free to send them to us.

Regards,
Chris

Hi Chris, Does Steiner take counter offers to their counter offers? I sent one to you the other day on the item I am interested in. I am posting it on here rather than emailing you because others may also have this question. Thanks.

Tedw9
06-27-2010, 10:52 AM
Have all the invoices been sent out yet? I'm still waiting on mine.

ChrisCavalier
06-29-2010, 08:36 AM
Have all the invoices been sent out yet? I'm still waiting on mine.
Hello Mr. McLain,

I believe your invoice has been sent. We have been sending them out in waves and all invoices should be sent by the end of the day today. I review all invoices and I am going to have the privilege this morning of going to meet with Don Mattingly. I will review the remaining invoices when I return later today and they will be going out to those whose offers have been accepted.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any other questions.

Sincerely,
Chris

ChrisCavalier
06-29-2010, 08:40 AM
Hi Chris, Does Steiner take counter offers to their counter offers? I sent one to you the other day on the item I am interested in. I am posting it on here rather than emailing you because others may also have this question. Thanks.
Hello Justin,

I sent you a couple of emails. Please let me know if you got them.

Also, regarding your broader question, Steiner's counter offers are pretty much their bottom line. They try to consider everything (their cost, etc) when formulating their counter offers so that is pretty much as low as they can go.

Regards,
Chris

yankees506
06-29-2010, 05:24 PM
Still no invoice Chris.... dont know if you havent invoiced me yet or what.

Tedw9
06-29-2010, 06:53 PM
Hello Mr. McLain,

I believe your invoice has been sent. We have been sending them out in waves and all invoices should be sent by the end of the day today. I review all invoices and I am going to have the privilege this morning of going to meet with Don Mattingly. I will review the remaining invoices when I return later today and they will be going out to those whose offers have been accepted.

Sincerely,
Chris

Actually Chris, I do have one more question....can I come with you to meet Don Mattingly? :D

I did get my invoice today, thank you. I hope you had a good time meeting Don and have some stories to share with us.

Thanks for all the hard work, we do appreciate it.

Steve

ChrisCavalier
06-30-2010, 02:54 AM
Still no invoice Chris.... dont know if you havent invoiced me yet or what.
Hello Mr. Negron,

As per the emails that have gone out, in order to invoice you we will need the following (since you did not provide all the information when you registered on the site):

ALL OFFERS MUST BE SUBMITTED VIA EMAIL TO sales@gameuseduniverse.com (mhtml:{9AC3BC00-6FE2-4B5B-90E8-CEC3746A59F8}mid://00000037/!x-usc:mailto:sales@gameuseduniverse.com) AND MUST INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:

1.Member Name

2.GUU User ID

3.Member Shipping Address

4.Member Phone Number

Once you email us that information we will send you your invoice.

Sincerely,
Chris

ChrisCavalier
06-30-2010, 03:28 PM
I hope you had a good time meeting Don and have some stories to share with us.
http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=36292

Tedw9
06-30-2010, 05:29 PM
I'm on the phone with Steiner right now, the bat I agreed to buy was sold. :mad:

zooat2
06-30-2010, 08:30 PM
Hello Mr. Negron,

As per the emails that have gone out, in order to invoice you we will need the following (since you did not provide all the information when you registered on the site):

ALL OFFERS MUST BE SUBMITTED VIA EMAIL TO sales@gameuseduniverse.com (mhtml:{9AC3BC00-6FE2-4B5B-90E8-CEC3746A59F8}mid://00000037/!x-usc:mailto:sales@gameuseduniverse.com) AND MUST INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:

1.Member Name

2.GUU User ID

3.Member Shipping Address

4.Member Phone Number

Once you email us that information we will send you your invoice.

Sincerely,
Chris

Chris,

I emailed you an offer earlier today and sent you a message regarding where the GUU ID can be found?

Please let me know if my offer can/will be looked at because I'm missing the ID.

Thanks.

spartakid
06-30-2010, 08:56 PM
Chris,

I emailed you an offer earlier today and sent you a message regarding where the GUU ID can be found?

Please let me know if my offer can/will be looked at because I'm missing the ID.

Thanks.

Yours would be "zooat2"

ChrisCavalier
06-30-2010, 09:48 PM
Yours would be "zooat2"
Hello Dan,

That is correct. I sent you back a private message at 6:20 this morning in response to the private message you sent me asking that question.

Regards,
Chris

zooat2
07-01-2010, 07:44 AM
Hello Dan,

That is correct. I sent you back a private message at 6:20 this morning in response to the private message you sent me asking that question.

Regards,
Chris

WOW! I'm a real idiot! Thanks guys!

zooat2
07-01-2010, 08:06 AM
Hello Dan,

Regards,
Chris

Chris,

Did you get my offer yesterday? I just want to make sure I made it before the cut off.

Thanks again.

ChrisCavalier
07-01-2010, 10:18 AM
Chris,

Did you get my offer yesterday? I just want to make sure I made it before the cut off.

Thanks again.
Hello Dan,

Yes, your offer, as well as all others that were submitted, have been sent to Steiner. We are just wanting to hear back from Steiner regarding offers made over the last two days as well for some requests for additional information on a few other items. As soon as we hear back from them, we will communicate everything to our members.

In addition, I believe invoices have been sent out to everyone whose offers have been accepted. Assuming any other offers are accepted regarding the most recent offers, we will send out invoices for those as well.

Regards,
Chris

zooat2
07-01-2010, 10:28 AM
Hello Dan,

Yes, your offer, as well as all others that were submitted, have been sent to Steiner. We are just wanting to hear back from Steiner regarding offers made over the last two days as well for some requests for additional information on a few other items. As soon as we hear back from them, we will communicate everything to our members.

In addition, I believe invoices have been sent out to everyone whose offers have been accepted. Assuming any other offers are accepted regarding the most recent offers, we will send out invoices for those as well.

Regards,
Chris

Cool, thanks again Chris!