PDA

View Full Version : Chase Utley Game Used Bat - Phillies

philsfan
06-09-2010, 08:54 PM
My Utley bat is up for auction this month at Mears Online. The bat was purchased directly from the Phillies by me. It was game used in 2009 while the Phillies marched towards a second NL championship and World Series appearance. The bat is pounded and comes with a MLB holo. Utley bats with MLB holos don't come around often.

http://www.mearsonlineauctions.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=11775&searchby=0&searchvalue=None&page=0&sortby=0&displayby=2&lotsperpage=25&category=2

spartakid
06-09-2010, 09:17 PM
You cannot make a post advertising your item in an outside auction.

legaleagle92481
06-10-2010, 08:37 AM
It is a very nice bat. However, in the past couple of years at least five MLB authenticated bats of Chase have been on Ebay and one was on there within the last month. I got mine for $500 from a fellow forum member on the eve of last year's World Series so they are not all that rare. If everybody advertised their items up for auction on here it would completely ruin this whole forum as it would go from an educational site to an advertising site. In this case it is unnecessary because unlike some random Ebay auction everyone on here is aware that MEARS is having an auction and will check out all lots in that auction.

philsfan
06-10-2010, 10:36 AM
Thanks for the guidance fellas. I should have read the rules. Glad to hear that Chase Utley MLB Holo bats aren't rare. LOL! I think they are a bit more hard to come by than you think, but you are the expert. Good luck to all and I'm hopeful that the bat sells for more than I paid. Once again, sorry for the posting. That's the last one you will see from me.

legaleagle92481
06-10-2010, 07:02 PM
Thanks for the guidance fellas. I should have read the rules. Glad to hear that Chase Utley MLB Holo bats aren't rare. LOL! I think they are a bit more hard to come by than you think, but you are the expert. Good luck to all and I'm hopeful that the bat sells for more than I paid. Once again, sorry for the posting. That's the last one you will see from me.

The bat is a beautiful bat that any collector would be lucky to have of an awesome player. I was just saying that no current player is really rare for MLB Certified stuff. I search all auction sites, the classifieds on here and several dealer's sites several times a day. I am addicted I will admit constantly searching for MLB Certified bats. Sooner or later you name the star within a few months one of him will pop up. Vlad Guerrero could not be found for years in past month three have popped up. Ryan Braun used to be impossible to find now they pop up regularly. In relation to some stars such as Manny (seen one in last year), Mauer (seen zero in two years), Griffey (never seen one other than a pink bat) and Ryan Howard (seen two ever) Chase pops up more regularly.

philsfan
06-11-2010, 06:48 PM
All good points. You mentioned Howard holo bats. Here is my latest with holo and autograph....along with two other fighten phils Victorino and Ruiz.

legaleagle92481
06-12-2010, 03:04 PM
All good points. You mentioned Howard holo bats. Here is my latest with holo and autograph....along with two other fighten phils Victorino and Ruiz.

Sweet bats particularly Howard. What year is your Howard from? The one I just got is from 2008. Where do you get all this MLB authentic Phillies stuff? i am looking for an MLB authentic Rollins everywhere to go with my Utley and Howard.

philsfan
06-12-2010, 08:22 PM
Both my Howard bats are from the 2009 season. The other is a Sam Bat. I created a nice post on it a while back. I'm sure a search on this site will find it.

Send me a private message through the site. Perhaps I can help you find a Rollins gamer. Friends in high places...

philsfan
06-30-2010, 08:58 PM
Ugh! Just a few minutes left in the auction and I'm watching as my nice Utley bat gets sold for a song. Now I understand the power of putting a "reserve" on your items. Such is life.....

legaleagle92481
06-30-2010, 09:18 PM
Ugh! Just a few minutes left in the auction and I'm watching as my nice Utley bat gets sold for a song. Now I understand the power of putting a "reserve" on your items. Such is life.....

Wow. I cannot believe it is going for so little it is an awesome bat so sorry to see that. Hopefully it will get bid up in the OT.

philsfan
06-30-2010, 09:35 PM
Wow. I cannot believe it is going for so little it is an awesome bat so sorry to see that. Hopefully it will get bid up in the OT.

Honestly, I think my mistake was going with Mears. I should have gone either with Hunt, Lelands or Huggins and Scott. Last time for me with Mears. Mistake learned.

stlbats
07-05-2010, 10:44 PM
Not to take this thread off course, but in reading the Mears grading on this Utley bat, it is just stupid that they deduct points for handle cracks. I could understand if some wood is missing but handle cracks to me just show definate good use. Are they grading game used bats or new ones? Just my opinion. I prefer a bat to have a nice crack, just not destroyed.

Jason
stlbats@bellsouth.net

cigarman44
07-06-2010, 11:08 PM
Not to take this thread off course, but in reading the Mears grading on this Utley bat, it is just stupid that they deduct points for handle cracks. I could understand if some wood is missing but handle cracks to me just show definate good use. Are they grading game used bats or new ones? Just my opinion. I prefer a bat to have a nice crack, just not destroyed.

Jason
stlbats@bellsouth.net

I agree. Ive always asked myself that same question.

legaleagle92481
07-10-2010, 01:29 PM

Jason
stlbats@bellsouth.net

I agree. Why are signs of definite use a bad thing? I would rather have a bat with a crack than a bat that shows bare use anyday that is "uncracked".