PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried MEARS 45-day trial?

aaron1050
11-28-2005, 12:34 AM
I noticed they were offering a free 45-day trial promotion in the Mastro auction catalog, but decided against signing up since it still requires you to give them your credit card info and you would be automatically billed if you don't cancel in time.

I have no real interest in the site beyond seeing the Duke Holt virtual tour (which should only take a few minutes) so I'm not particularly motivated to go through the hassle of signing up.

Has anyone decided to sign up anyway?

Is there any way around giving up your credit card number?

--Aaron
http://aaronsroom.blogspot.com/

josports
11-28-2005, 01:01 AM
Personally, I don't sign up for any "promotions" that will bill me if I do not cancel in time.

metsbats
11-28-2005, 04:06 AM
I signed up. Perhaps the site is too new but it's very light on content. Gameuseduniverse is better in my opinion at this point. I emailed them to cancel my membership after the 45 day trial.

Dave

ghostkid
11-29-2005, 04:50 PM
I collect vintage game used bats and find the MEARS website to be a fantastic source of information. I strongly urge the vintage bat & jersey collectors to take advantage of the free trial. I particularly like the columns loaded full of useful information, as well as the Q&A forum where the experts actually give their opinion (free of charge). It may be that you don't always agree with their opinion, but it sure is nice to have that open dialog...it kind of reminds me of the open dialog on this forum.

Kevin Kasper

mjkm90
11-29-2005, 09:32 PM
I have really enjoyed the bulletin board feature. Very interesting commentary on a variety of vintage baseball equipment topics. I am considering taking the plunge.

martindl
11-29-2005, 10:24 PM
I signed up for MEARS and for Gold on here. I collect all manner of things (bats are the current focus) and figured theres always lots to learn, so why not maximize whats available.

Both sites are great and informative, though it would be nice to see more forum traffic and posts.