PDA

View Full Version : Some new Chris Snee pickups from United Way event -- Pro Bowl!!

skinsfan0521
06-06-2010, 05:25 PM
I haven't been very active on here lately because I haven't been buying any game used/issued stuff in a while, so I haven't been checking the forum or anything. But, last night I went to Chris Snee's annual United Way charity event and picked up a couple things from the memorabilia auction.

FYI... long post w/stories & details. If you just want pictures, scroll down. haha

There were actually quite a few game issued things there, which isn't normal. Normally he brings a ton of autographed things, but this year he brought issued & autographed items from Eli Manning, Justin Tuck, Steve Smith & of course himself. He also had a Donovan McNabb signed ball that he suggested I buy instead of bidding on Giants things (knowing that I'm a 'Skins fan). I don't remember exactly what things went for, but the Manning went for under $250, which I think was a pretty good price.

Anyway, I ended up with two Chris Snee game issued & autographed jerseys including a Pro Bowl jersey!! They saved the Pro Bowl jersey for last, so I actually lost the 2009 home game issued when it was auctioned off because I wanted to make sure I had plenty of funds to buy the Pro Bowl one. But, once I bought the Pro Bowl jersey, I went to the guy who won the first jersey (who is undrafted Rookie FA w/the Giants Jim Cordle). I asked him if he actually wanted the jersey or if he was just kinda bidding on it cuz it was a charity event. And if he didn't want it, I'd buy it from him. He told me that he was somewhat interested in it, but he'd think about selling it to me. Later, he came over and told me he'd sell it for my high bid (I was 2nd highest to him), but I bought it for what he paid. He is an undrafted FA afterall... not like he's got a huge contract or anything. lol So, that's how I ended up with both and not just the Pro Bowl one (in case u cared).

Normally things at charity auctions go for quite a bit more than they would at other places, but I think that almost everything went for a reasonable price. I may have paid a bit more for the Pro Bowl one than it's "worth", but I know that Chris kept his game jersey and this was his backup, so I'm definitely happy with it.

2009 Game Issued & Autographed Home Jersey
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c383/SkinsFan0521/Chris%20Snee%20PC%20-%20NFT%20EVER/Memorabilia/Front_Full-1.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c383/SkinsFan0521/Chris%20Snee%20PC%20-%20NFT%20EVER/Memorabilia/Back_Close-1.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c383/SkinsFan0521/Chris%20Snee%20PC%20-%20NFT%20EVER/Memorabilia/Collar_Tag_Close.jpg

2010 Pro Bowl Game Issued & Autographed - Personally, I would've preferred this to be unsigned, but it was already signed
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c383/SkinsFan0521/Chris%20Snee%20PC%20-%20NFT%20EVER/Memorabilia/Front_Full.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c383/SkinsFan0521/Chris%20Snee%20PC%20-%20NFT%20EVER/Memorabilia/Back_Close.jpg

Thanks for checking it out!

Jags Fan Dan
06-06-2010, 06:22 PM
As a fellow player collector, I will tell you, awesome pick-ups! The Pro Bowl jerseys don't come back. I have a Brunell 2000 issued one, you just don't see that stuff very often. Congrats!

JasonBanz
06-06-2010, 08:35 PM
Brian,
Something interesting about the 09 home issued jersey. It isn't the new style they switched to in 2009. The new 2009 jerseys they went to also did not contain a name plate. Regardless, great pickups!

skinsfan0521
06-06-2010, 08:44 PM
Jags Fan Dan - That's what I figured. I was willing to pay quite a bit more than I did for this one (even though I already "overpaid" for it) just because of that... if I didn't get this one, I may never see one again. Not to mention that I called and emailed back and forth several times with NFLShop (progressively moving my way up the chain of command) trying to order a Snee Pro Bowl jersey and they told me that there was no way to order one. I was going to order a replica or authentic and have him sign it, but there was no way to custom order a Snee Pro Bowl jersey.

JasonBanz - Yeah, I thought that was interesting too. The jersey that I got with the whole uniform of Snee is that new style, but this one is tagged as an 09 and Chris told me that it was a game issued jersey. I think that the other jerseys there that were issued (Manning, Tuck, Smith) were also this style. I wonder if the Giants had a shipment of them and then never ended up using any of them since they got the new style. I didn't bother asking Chris all of that cuz, to be honest, I don't think he cares enough to know. I'm thinking of calling the Giants equip. mgr. sometime soon to ask him a couple questions about the uniform I got a few months ago. If I do call him, I'll ask him about these jerseys too.

Thanks for the comments guys!

JasonBanz
06-06-2010, 09:07 PM
You are probably right, he wouldn't care and probably didn't even notice the difference. I was able to ask a player once about a jersey I have of his and he didn't know any of my questions which I thought was pretty funny. Us collectors tend to know more than the players who actually wear them! Your theory about the shipment is probably correct, but asking the equipment manager would probably be the best bet.

skinsfan0521
06-07-2010, 03:13 PM
Yeah, Chris is actually more knowledgeable about some of that stuff than a lot of players probably are, but I don't think he's all that into it.

I told him I was upset that he took his locker from The Meadowlands cuz I wanted to buy it... his response "Hell yeah, I took it!". haha But, he doesn't know what he's going to do with it cuz it won't fit in his house. He said it's just sitting in the garage now.

But anyway, he's kept his Super Bowl stuff, both Pro Bowl game used jerseys & the throwback jersey that the Giants wore on Thanksgiving 2009. I know that cuz I've asked him about buying each of those things and he told me he's got them. lol So, he's into memorabilia, but I don't know how much.

JasonBanz
06-08-2010, 10:26 AM
Well man, you never know. One day he might get rid of a few :)

skinsfan0521
06-08-2010, 07:50 PM
Yeah, I've already mentioned that I'd like to have them. haha But quite unlikely... he's not one of those flashy guys who blows all his money and will need to sell them someday to pay bills. lol