PDA

View Full Version : Make Money on Ebay?

EurekaDave
07-12-2006, 12:38 PM
Not really. I have found that selling items I have bought on Ebay returns about 50 to 60 percent of my investment, if I am lucky. I sell only those items I clearly do not want and I am prepared to be philosophical about the result.

If I am selling, I am always prepared to yank the product off the market. I was selling a pair of Torii Hunter autographed athletic shoes with LOA. When the bidding held at $20, I pulled it and am not relisting. In fact, I am going to keep them.

What has your experience been with return?

One note... Always use a couple of good pictures. Things sell. I just got a beautiful cherry wood Pedro Martinez bat for very little because the seller did not post a picture.

suave1477
07-12-2006, 12:49 PM
All my items sell with a 50% to 100% profit return so I cant complain.

BULBUS
07-12-2006, 01:41 PM
I also do well on Ebay. There are plenty of bargains on Ebay, you just have to be smart about what you buy. If you are buying to re-sell, you have to know what similar items are going for and you have to market the item better than the person you bought it from (ei. better pictures, better description). If you are buying something for yourself that you think you will hold onto for a while, then pay whatever you are comfortable paying, and don't worry about resale value.

I use fixed prices on 90% of the items I sell. I used to use auction style, but more often than not, my item would sell for less than what I wanted. With the fixed price listing, I always get the price that I'm looking for. You have to be reasonable though, and again know the market for a particular item.