PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know Jim Bowley??

Metsfan808
06-06-2010, 06:58 AM
I received an Excell spread sheet with some interesting WBC game used items. I do not know how he got my email but it is addressed "Hello GU Collectors" and sent from this email address: jbowley@thehighlandmint.com

Did anyone else receive this email? Is he a member of this site?? Anyone ever deal with him??

platinum1
06-06-2010, 07:46 AM
I received an Excell spread sheet with some interesting WBC game used items. I do not know how he got my email but it is addressed "Hello GU Collectors" and sent from this email address: jbowley@thehighlandmint.com

Did anyone else receive this email? Is he a member of this site?? Anyone ever deal with him??
He send me the same list awhile back but never got a responce from him about some jerseys I had interest in.
I think he posted here before.

Mulligans
06-06-2010, 07:58 AM
We have chatted......nice guy.

It sounds like he acts as a third party salesperson for MLB. He has a spreadsheet with 1000's of items (huge mark ups), but he doesn't have any of them in his possession.

I know that he has promotional relationships with MLB and NBA.

Dewey2007
06-06-2010, 09:52 AM

Don't know him but I got the same email. I figured he must have gotten my email off of the site. His email address is from the the Highland Mint so I am guessing that maybe they were contracted by MLB to sell off the remaining WBC items.

I still have not received a response to an email I sent about an item so who knows.

CampWest
06-08-2010, 08:09 AM
I deleted an email from him yesterday claiming to have the first base from the Joyce/Gallaraga call. I do not have it anymore, it must not be the base being used at the end of the game, but i didn't pick up on it not being the base used for that call... Does anybody still have the email?

then this morning read what I expected all along would happen to the base.

The Hall of Fame has bagged the key evidence from Armando Galarraga (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?playerId=28914)'s stolen perfect game.
The Detroit Tigers (http://espn.go.com/mlb/team/_/name/det/detroit-tigers) have told the Hall they will donate the first-base bag, Galarraga's spikes and a ball from last week's near-miss at Comerica Park.
A blown call by umpire Jim Joyce at first base on what would've been the final out cost Galarraga the 21st perfect game in history. Galarraga's right foot was on the base, but Joyce ruled that Cleveland's Jason Donald (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?playerId=29671) beat the play Wednesday night.
Joyce admitted he missed the call and tearfully apologized in person to Galarraga after the game. The next day, the two met at home plate before the game and shook hands.
The sportsmanship showed by Galarraga and Joyce drew praise from all ranks, from Little League fields to the White House.
"Instantly, the game became a historic moment in baseball, one that has spurred the interest among fans around the globe," Hall spokesman Brad Horn said Monday. "The game's outcome shows the human element of sportsmanship, character and integrity by all parties involved, which helped the moment transcend a single feat or performance."
The Hall asked for the items. The Tigers said they had collected the artifacts and would send them.
The shrine in Cooperstown, N.Y., is "dedicated to documenting the game's seminal moments, and this is clearly an intersection of baseball in American culture and society," Horn said.

yankees24
06-08-2010, 08:59 AM
has anyone here had a full transaction with him before and received MLB Authenticated items?

tigerdale
06-08-2010, 10:27 AM
He's legit. He works for a company called the highland mint. They are licensed w/ MLB & have access to their items. The only catch is, you usually pay A LOT more buying thru them. They are big into framing photos & things like that. In the past, they used to have their items sold thru MLB auctions too, they still have a link on the MLB auction site if you look for it.

yankees24
06-08-2010, 10:33 AM
is this the same company that sells commemorative gold coins for certain sporting events?

Rob L
06-08-2010, 10:40 AM
Here's yesterdays email:

THE ACTUAL FIRST BASE FROM THE PLAY THAT UNFORTUNATELY BLEW GALARRAGA:'S PERFECT GAME !!

THE FIRST base is available from the game that was the talk of baseball last week with the Galarraga almost (should have been ) Perfect game..
This is the base from the field from that infamous ninth inning play that now even has Major League Baseball reviewing their instant replay rules..

Major League Baseball dictates the price on this, and it will be in the 9995. range...

If at all interested, please email me back or call me toll free 800 544 6135 ext 168

CampWest
06-08-2010, 12:45 PM
Thanks... Its refreshing to know I didn't misread/misinterpret/misremember what I read yesterday - maybe I'm not as old as I feel... "THE ACTUAL FIRST BASE FROM THE PLAY ..."

Interesting... I'm guessing he no longer has it for sale.

Here's yesterdays email:

THE ACTUAL FIRST BASE FROM THE PLAY THAT UNFORTUNATELY BLEW GALARRAGA:'S PERFECT GAME !!
THE FIRST base is available from the game that was the talk of baseball last week with the Galarraga almost (should have been ) Perfect game..
This is the base from the field from that infamous ninth inning play that now even has Major League Baseball reviewing their instant replay rules..

Major League Baseball dictates the price on this, and it will be in the 9995. range...

If at all interested, please email me back or call me toll free 800 544 6135 ext 168

TNT29
06-08-2010, 01:49 PM
There is a past thread on the highland mint. They claim that the jerseys they are selling are game worn when they are not. All the NFL jerseys they showed me were game issued with no wear at all. They claim they get the jerseys from the team but none of the stuff comes with a team coa. I bought what they claim to be a game worn LaDainian Tomlinson jersey from them. When I got it smelled brand new and not a single sign of wear. I tried photomatching and could not. When I contacted them for a refund they stuck to there story and would not issue a refund right away. I had to threaten them with contacting the police and the FBI. Then they refunded my money immediately. Just be careful buying from them.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=12836&highlight=randy+moss+patriots