PDA

View Full Version : Would you be mad???

suave1477
06-04-2010, 10:31 AM
Well first of all im asking for opinion as well as venting. So if this is not suitable for this forum I will understand if the moderators delete this thread.

Not only am I mad, I am pissed as %^&%$* hell:mad:

Some of you may know a bit of my situation as I spoke about here on the forum not too long ago in the past.

As pretty much every one knows here I am a huge Strawberry fan / collector.
There was about a month ago a very unique Strawberry item on ebay and I wanted it bad (Unfortunately due to work) I missed out on the item Shame on me right!!
No problem what was I to do I missed it. Then I got the idea well maybe I can ask the winning bidder if he would be willing to part with the item. Only one problem, he was listed (private) I was going through leaps and bounds to try to figure out who he was so I can contact him and by the grace of god after about 3 weeks one of the members here was able to help me and point out who he was. Whoooooo thank god right??? So I contacted the winner and he said he has no interest in selling it even though I offered him triple what he paid. Ok I think to myself what can I do to make this happen. I asked him if he would trade for something. He tells me he is looking for certain high end items that are way more valuable than the item from him I wanted. I said are you serious? He said yeah, it is either those high end items or nothing because he has no interest in parting with the Strawberry item. He wants to keep it, ok. No problem.

Soooooo a couple of weeks go by and I come across one of the highend items he was intersted in and even though by trading for it monetary wise I will be taking a loss it was still worth it to me. I sent him an email I have this particular item, He has the nerve to email me back and say "I sold the Strawberry item sorry about that"

Are you kidding me??? I practically begged the guy for the item and if he decided to sell it didn't even contact me to let me know????

Damn im mad!!!

yankees506
06-04-2010, 10:56 AM
To your question, i would be mad. But maybe he was offered 10x what he payed, but he should have contacted you knowing you really wanted it. If you dont mind me asking, what straw item was it?

legaleagle92481
06-04-2010, 10:57 AM
Well I don't think you should be mad because he may not have actually sold it, he may have just told you that to get you to stop trying to get him to sell or trade the item to you. Kind of like a woman telling a man she is seeing someone when she really is not to get that man who she has no interest but yet who keeps asking her out on a date to stop asking. He may have no interest in parting with the item and just told you he would only trade it for certain high end items based on the assumption that since such would require you to take a big loss that you drop the issue. If you offered him 3x what he paid and he rejected it he probably did not get a higher offer elsewhere and why would he sell it for less? Unless it was sold to a friend.

BULBUS
06-04-2010, 11:04 AM
Well I don't think you should be mad because he may not have actually sold it, he may have just told you that to get you to stop trying to get him to sell or trade the item to you. Kind of like a woman telling a man she is seeing someone when she really is not to get that man who she has no interest but yet who keeps asking her out on a date to stop asking. He may have no interest in parting with the item and just told you he would only trade it for certain high end items based on the assumption that since such would require you to take a big loss that you drop the issue. If you offered him 3x what he paid and he rejected it he probably did not get a higher offer elsewhere and why would he sell it for less? Unless it was sold to a friend.

That is what I was thinking. He probably just wants to keep it and said it is sold thinking that would stop the offers.

3arod13
06-04-2010, 11:26 AM
I would think to myself more that it sucks that I couldn't have worked something out. Maybe he got something really nice from someone else, since you weren't too receptive at first to trade him with a highend item.

I buy to sell, so I can support my Arod habit. When I know I have something someone is pressing me to sell them, then I work to get as much as I can. I myself have paid heavily for items that I really wanted, that was way above its worth. But for me, I didn't care. I wanted it.

I think you're more disappointed you didn't get it, more than pissed at the owner for screwing you.

Been in this situation many times myself.

MLB_Authentic
06-04-2010, 11:28 AM
I'd probably cry myself to sleep for a couple nights and the seek counseling.................................

commando
06-04-2010, 11:38 AM
I collect a team that went of of business 25 years ago.... Their stuff isn't super-expensive, but it doesn't show up very often either. When something does surface in an auction, I ALWAYS assume it will never show up again once it's gone. When I don't win an item, I guess I've just conditioned myself to move on and keep looking for what comes up next. I'd love to have the best Houston Gamblers collection in the world one day, but since I'm not rich I try not to worry about the ones that got away.

Jags Fan Dan
06-04-2010, 12:50 PM
That really sucks, and yes, I would be very PO'd.

Mark17
06-04-2010, 12:58 PM
Are you thinking of asking him who he sold it to, so you can start the process all over again?

xpress34
06-04-2010, 08:00 PM
Soooooo a couple of weeks go by and I come across one of the highend items he was intersted in and even though by trading for it monetary wise I will be taking a loss it was still worth it to me. I sent him an email I have this particular item, He has the nerve to email me back and say "I sold the Strawberry item sorry about that"

Maybe it's just me, but if I'm reading this right, you OBTAINED the item to trade him BEFORE letting him know you COULD obtain it.

If that is correct, then you need to accept some fault on this. YES, I'd be pissed too if he really did sell it without giving you an opportunity to obtain it after you specifically requesting it, but he was also under no obligation to let you have it either.

Just my .02

- Chris

suave1477
06-08-2010, 04:22 PM
I would like to thank everyone who replied it actually did calm my nerves down and did make me take a step back and think and I pretty much agree with everyone here.

Yankees506 Maybe he did but I think it would of been the considerate thing to give me a chance. A unique negative

Leagleeagle & Bulbus you may be right also, but I would have preferred him just say "hey I decided to keep it' rather than oh I sold it someone else.

3AROD13 im definitely dissapointed I didnt get it. I really really wanted it I am just bothered by how he handled it.

Commando your right though you learn to move on

Jags thanks for understanding

Mark funny you mentioned that, because I did ask, you would of loved the response I got lol lol

Xpress I didn't not obtain the item to trade specifically for him, I wanted it myself but I knew it was one of the things he wanted also. Which gave me a bargaining chip. And of course he is under no obligation I was just dissapointed when he didn't follow through.

Here is my take on it
If I have something that someone else wants badly and I know they are going to cherish it more than I possibly could. I would find a way to part with that item so the other person could have it.
Whether it was money or a trade.
It may kill me a bit to let a part of my own collection go, but knowing it is going to someone who would cherish it more would end up making me feel better in the long run.