PDA

View Full Version : Griffey Jersey

griffey24joey
06-03-2010, 10:49 AM
This isn't game used, but I wanted to know if this jersey has Authentic Lettering according to the time...:cool:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130397515449&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Thanks,
Joey

MarinersFan34
06-03-2010, 11:43 AM
That isn't even close and it's kinda funny that they even show a picture with the proper style.

The numbers/letters should be Silver on Navy (not white on navy), and obviously different font, both numbers are incorrect. The name should also be on a nameplate, only recently did we stop using nameplates.

griffey24joey
06-03-2010, 11:45 AM
Thanks a lot Mariners Fan, I appreciate it! Do you know where to get a COMPLETELY AUTHENTIC jersey from that era, beside eBay?

Thanks again,
Joey B.

MarinersFan34
06-04-2010, 11:14 AM
I know the Mariners had some Majestic replicas in the store the last season but I think they are all gone right now. There is however a TBTC game tomorrow in which we will be using the teal jerseys, however they are obviously the newer version. They are slightly different but very close to the originals aside from the obvious Russell/Majestic branding, I think the color is a little darker now.

I don't think the Mariners have the correct letters/numbers for them anymore. I know that they do not have the fabric for a nameplate. When I had a custom jersey made a couple years ago I gave them an extra teal jersey that was beat up/stained to cut a nameplate from the back tail.

I do have a Griffey in this style but if I recall it lacks the nameplate and was one I got off eBay years ago. I've debated about having the nameplate added.

If I were looking to replicate another one I'd buy the current jersey you mentioned and remove the lettering or find another. Then find the correct letter kit and take it with the scrap jersey for a nameplate to be cut and have the M's sew it up for me.

MarinersFan34
06-05-2010, 03:06 AM
I was at the game last night and they have Authentic Teal jerseys of Griffey on a rack. They even have the nameplate on them, but are obviously Majestic instead of RA. Didn't look close enough at the front but it was all up to par from a quick look. They also had the lesser quality replica version, no nameplate and just the cheaper quality version with different tags, etc.