PDA

View Full Version : July 4th & 9/11 Series Special MLB Caps

jkalathas
11-19-2008, 04:17 PM
I was wondering if anyone knew for sure if players were issued more than one of the special Flag Hats (red/white/blue logos) that the whole teams wore this year for the July 4th series and again for 9/11. Any info on these hats would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

allstarsplus
11-19-2008, 07:18 PM
I don't know if the teams gave each player 2 caps as a standard.
There were extra caps that were given to the team and as it usually works the players could get more than 1 cap if they wanted to.

I know with the Nationals some players used more than 1 cap as I got several with the MLB holograms and some without them.

larry bourget
11-19-2008, 11:20 PM
Be Wise, just order the Team of your choice from MLB Teams website, same thing and a whole lot cheaper, unless you can get a game used for $35.

Detroit Tigers over ordered and there Pro Shop is overflowing with the Stars and Stripe Logo hats.

LB

GarkoCollector
11-21-2008, 09:17 AM
I'd like to have a 9/11 cap of the Indians or Dodgers. The Stars and Stripes ones arent that hard to find.

allstarsplus
11-24-2008, 11:26 AM
The Yankees are releasing their 9/11 caps today. Prices are $100 for caps that they couldn't identify the player to $750 for Damon to $3,000 for Jeter and I have prices on all specific players.

The cool thing is the unidentified players are probably September call-ups as their caps weren't on the list.

If you are interested in any, PHONE me as I am buying several!!!!

allstarsplus
11-24-2008, 11:27 AM
The Yankees are releasing their 9/11 caps today. Prices are $100 for caps that they couldn't identify the player to $750 for Damon to $3,000 for Jeter and I have prices on all specific players.

The cool thing is the unidentified players are probably September call-ups as their caps weren't on the list.

If you are interested in any, PHONE me as I am buying several!!!!

Oh yes, all caps of course come with Steiner game used hologram and LOA.

larry bourget
11-24-2008, 12:13 PM
MLB Auction website has 4 pages of various teams Game Worn Stars & Stripes, and Blue Jays Canadian Flag hats up for Auction, opening bid starts at $150.

LB

indyred
12-05-2009, 01:35 PM
Bunch are up and have been up on MLB.com auctions in past few weeks.

MiLe HigH
12-05-2009, 01:51 PM
Rockies are auctioning off their 9/11 Hats on their homepage. Prices are steep IMO..

larry bourget
12-06-2009, 11:56 PM
$150. on MLB Auctions to start!
I think Bud's on Steroids.

LB

Rob L
12-07-2009, 02:23 PM
Looks like the latest MLB stars and stripes caps are coming in. I assume most are from the games on 9/11/2009. Anyways, if you got one or more, lets see them!

I picked up Chone Figgins:

nationals2k9
12-07-2009, 02:39 PM
Manny Ramirez -- career RBI 1,780 on 9/11/09 (sorry don't know how to make pics smaller on Mac)

indyred
12-07-2009, 10:47 PM
Sweet looking hats. I see a bunch of them are now up on MLB.com auctions. When you punch in the serial # of MLB cert hologram. Are they saying game used from Sept. 11 game? I know these caps were used in three different games this past season. Memorial Day, 4th July and Sept. 11

Rob L
12-07-2009, 11:08 PM
Sweet looking hats. I see a bunch of them are now up on MLB.com auctions. When you punch in the serial # of MLB cert hologram. Are they saying game used from Sept. 11 game? I know these caps were used in three different games this past season. Memorial Day, 4th July and Sept. 11

I know the Angels caps are from the 9-11-09 game (ie. yes, they are authenticated that way). I'm assuming the others are too. I think they had auctioned the earlier caps from the earlier games a couple of months ago.

grenda12
12-07-2009, 11:21 PM
I was wanting to get one but I couldnt see spending $150 on a hat.

Rob L
12-07-2009, 11:29 PM
I was wanting to get one but I couldnt see spending $150 on a hat.

They were a bit pricey but it goes to a good cause (granted, I have no clue how much goes to the Welcome Back Veterans Fund).

halofan
12-08-2009, 09:16 AM
I got the Kendry Morales and Brandon Wood caps:)

legaleagle92481
12-08-2009, 09:33 AM
They were a bit pricey but it goes to a good cause (granted, I have no clue how much goes to the Welcome Back Veterans Fund). I believe 90% does the rest goes to their administrative costs.

Rob L
12-08-2009, 05:04 PM
Thanks to Kyle Hess and Billy C for the screenshots of Figgins from the 9-11-2009 game. Loose threads on the back of the cap match game photo. Creases also, but the threads are circled.

indyred
12-08-2009, 08:16 PM
Awesome screen shots Rob on that loose thread.

For people that have won these on MLB.com auctions. Have you been getting them in hand pretty quick after the auctions?

nationals2k9
12-08-2009, 09:57 PM
I paid Wed late night after the auction ended and had in hand Friday by lunch.

Rob L
12-09-2009, 01:14 AM
Awesome screen shots Rob on that loose thread.

For people that have won these on MLB.com auctions. Have you been getting them in hand pretty quick after the auctions?

Thanks. Below is an even better matching photo of the threads and dominant crease. As far as timing goes, I paid the day after the auction ended and got the cap 1.5 week later.

legaleagle92481
12-09-2009, 09:36 AM
It is going to be strange seeing Figgins in a Mariners uniform.

Jays1fan
12-11-2009, 05:03 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know of the TROUBLES I have gone through with my Roy Halladay Jays Stars and Stripes Hat. And this effects ALL the Jays has they have. The MLB Hologram states:
Hologram number LH718195 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under GAME-USED CAP.

Session Product Description:

Session Name: TOR AT DET
Session Date: September 11, 2009
Autographer:
Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.
Additional Information: 9/11 FIRST RESPONDER DAY. WORN BY TORONTO BLUE JAYS. TORONTO @ DETROIT.

Notice it says Woen by Toronto Blue Jays. NOT Roy Halladay.
They are all like this. I have talked to someone involved in the Auctions , another person with the MLB Authentications and a Personal Friend at MLB. They are not going to change the information to the players. They say they have no Idea.
Then How can they sell them and RELIST them as the players they are stating in the Auction. Another Kick in the Pants , is that there own Web site says that if there is misinformation and a Picture can be provided proving otherwise to let them know. Well his #32 is inside , but I was told that is not enough.

Jays1fan
12-11-2009, 05:08 PM
Not sure why this got scrambled , so lets try again.
Just wanted to let everyone know of the TROUBLES I have gone through with my Roy Halladay Jays Stars and Stripes Hat. And this effects ALL the Jays has they have. The MLB Hologram states:
Notice it says Worn by Toronto Blue Jays. NOT Roy Halladay.
They are all like this ( All the Jays Hats ). I have talked to someone involved in the Auctions , another person with the MLB Authentications and a Personal Friend at MLB. They are not going to change the information to the players. They say they have no Idea.
Then How can they sell them and RELIST them as the players they are stating in the Auction. Another Kick in the Pants , is that there own Web site says that if there is misinformation and a Picture can be provided proving otherwise to let them know. Well his #32 is inside , but I was told that is not enough.
Notice the MLB Hologram

Hologram number LH718195 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under GAME-USED CAP.

Autographer:
Additional Information: 9/11 FIRST RESPONDER DAY. WORN BY TORONTO BLUE JAYS. TORONTO @ DETROIT.

Jays1fan
12-11-2009, 05:21 PM
Not sure why this MLB Hologram info is getting scrambled. One more try.

Autographer:

nationals2k9
12-11-2009, 06:01 PM
Think I understand what you're trying to get at.

When you say number 32 isn't enough... do you mean for MLB to change the database entry or for you to be satisfied? If for you... I'd argue that no else else should be writing 32 inside his hat.

Jays1fan
12-11-2009, 08:21 PM
Think I understand what you're trying to get at.

When you say number 32 isn't enough... do you mean for MLB to change the database entry or for you to be satisfied? If for you... I'd argue that no else else should be writing 32 inside his hat.

BOTH actually. MLB will not change the information on the MLB Hologram to state the player wore it. So I asked them , how could they SELL it and LIST it that way if they were not sure ? The response I got was :

everything is based on the information gathered by the authenticator. His note(s) must match what is entered into the database. If the authenticator is unable to validate the item(s), then no further action can be taken

Dont you guys think that is a Joke ? They want to list and sell them as players hats but wont Authenticate them as such.
I also got this comment :

It is the authenticator who witnessed the item, who took their own notes, who is the only one to make that decision. If this was marketed or sold with information additional to what is posted on the Authentication website, it would have been done by MLB.com who ran this particular auction.

So who in the world listed the auction if it wasnt MLB.com ?? LoL , they are really looking bad on this one. I hope the Other Teams had someone more responsible charting down the info.

Rob L
12-11-2009, 08:35 PM
Sounds like the authenticator was lazy. My Figgins hat mentions Figgins name online. Still, it's unlikey that Halladay didn't wear that hat.

Jays1fan
12-11-2009, 08:50 PM
Sounds like the authenticator was lazy. My Figgins hat mentions Figgins name online. Still, it's unlikey that Halladay didn't wear that hat.

Yes the Authenticator was Lazy. But I dont think MLB should auction them off as player worn hats if THEY are not willing to back it up as such.

The Prices were over the top to start with, and if they cant authenticate it properly , I am taking the refund.
As we all know MLB Authenticated items do bring a premium and that is what I was paying for. Anyone can take one of those hats , wear it for a day and write #32 inside.

But I am glad for you that your Figgins was done the right way.

Rob L
12-11-2009, 10:02 PM
Maybe Lampson could authenicate the Jays hats!!:D

gingi79
12-11-2009, 10:16 PM
MLB Authentications are hit or miss. One one end, I think it's great that they won't sign off on anything one of their authenticators didn't physically watch the player use.

On the other end, if they took a page out of the MeiGray Playbook, the numerous Game Issues that were obviously used should have been cataloged as such. Had they done due dilligence, all of the Braves jerseys issues for example would have been rectified. How can you charge for a Halladay hat and not show it as such in your database? Can you imagine a MeiGray tag listed as "Washington Capitals Game Used helmet" and charge for an Alex Ovechkin lid? Of course not, because that doesn't provide the same piece of mind MeiGray offers. The whole point of an Authentication Program is to weed out the Bob Johnson game used stuff from the superstar game used material. Otherwise, why pay the ridiculous extra premium for the piece of mind?

sugarpam
12-12-2009, 12:52 AM
Well now that's interesting. If my hat at least has the player's number in it, that'll be good enough for me as I don't have plans on reselling it, but I do agree that it's not a good business practice to sell something as player worn, and not stand by it.

I recently sent an e-mail to MLB auctions regarding one of the Jays Stars and Stripes hats because it was listed as "Toronto Blue Jays" worn hat, so I asked them who wore it. They wrote back and said they'd look into it - though in the meantime, they have removed the auction.

Right about now, I would just like my hat to arrive. It was shipped on November 29th, and they charged me $50 for shipping, so for that kind of money I would have expected overnight shipping.

Kind of annoying.

-Pam

legaleagle92481
12-12-2009, 01:05 AM
This is not the first time MLB has done this. Early in the 2009 season I won a Jim Thome game used signed bat that was supposed to be used during the 2008 season. The bat was auctioned by the White Sox on MLB auctions and had an MLB hologram on it. The letter from the SOx described it as a Thome autographed bat, I entered in the number and it said 2009 game used spring training bat and some player's last name I had never heard of before. I have not checked to see if they changed it as I have no plans to ever sell the bat and it is clearly a Thome as his name is on the label it has his custom tape job, has alot of use and is signed with his name and game used 2008 so I am 100% sure Jim used it.

BrewCrewSackers
12-29-2009, 09:38 AM
Are the ones up right now from Sep 11th?? Also, are these from just one game or are they from the whole weekends??? (4th july,mem day ext)

BrewCrewSackers
12-31-2009, 12:05 AM
Anyone??

grenda12
12-31-2009, 12:31 AM
The Red Stars and Stripes hats that are up for sale now are from the 2009 Season.

indyred
12-31-2009, 12:50 AM
Looks like 9/11 is date when most were authenticated by MLB this year. At least the ones in this thread were. I'd think most were. Some of them listed were from late season call ups. So those half to be from 9/11 date.
here is thread on them with a sweet Figgins and Manny in it from this years red caps.
http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=31360&page=2&highlight=stars+stripes+hat

skier14
05-29-2010, 09:14 PM
Hi,

I was wondering how widely available the Stars and Stripes Hats will be. Do the teams use the same hat for all games (memorial day, july 4th, etc.). I would really like to get a hold of a Tulo one.

Thanks.

LastingsMilledge85
05-30-2010, 12:53 AM
All I can tell you is that the teams will be wearing them just on Memorial Day not the entire weekend, and for 4th of July and 9/11. This years caps are white with a red bill, not the red caps that they wore last year. As far as the game used caps go, I would think they will do what they did last year and leave it up to the teams to put them on MLB Auctions as many teams last year did but not all of them, starting at the price of $150 on all caps. Hope that helps.

skier14
05-30-2010, 07:50 AM
Thank You. That answers the main question I wanted to know, and it was an answer I wanted to hear.

Do they wear the same individual hat for all three games? or do they get 3 individual hats and wear a new hat each game.

Thank you

LastingsMilledge85
05-30-2010, 10:35 AM
I don't think so because I remember seeing on MLB auctions as some hats were listed as being worn on 9/11 and others on Memorrial Day for example.

clinton2828
05-31-2010, 09:57 AM
anyone know if the game worn mwmorial day hats with will auctioined off on mlb.com

thans !

vballGuy
05-31-2010, 10:18 AM
I believe that they will be. However, historically, the hats worn during memorial day are also worn on July 4th and September 11.

Check out this link. The item description states that these will also be worn on the other specified dates.

http://jaysshop.stores.truition.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=989&siId=4689816&catParentID=40605&scId=40605&catLevel=2&parentCatName=Authentic

With that said, they will most likely be auctioned off after Sept. 11. Which would be great because the wear would be greater on these caps as opposed to the ones just worn for one game.