PDA

View Full Version : Home Run Derby

allstarsplus
07-11-2006, 10:22 AM
I finally did the HR Derby the right way. I paid the big bucks for 2nd row tickets in leftfield and got 4 balls during the BP session including 1 of 2 Pujols Home Runs he hit during his BP.

It was much tougher during the actual Derby as the pushing and shoving for balls was intense including one of Jermaine Dye's HR balls hit the face of a man near me and then bounced off my arm.

I did make a deal and got one of David Wright's HR balls from the 1st round!

Did anyone else go????

indyred
07-11-2006, 11:51 AM
Those gold century 21 balls looked really neat. I see mlb.com is selling them for $35 for non used one and $20 for regular derby ball. Anyone know how long they have been making special balls for the derby? I know they have been making special balls for game itself for quite awhile, I never even knew they had a different ball and logo for derby......

Dynasty_Sports
07-11-2006, 12:24 PM
I finally did the HR Derby the right way. I paid the big bucks for 2nd row tickets in leftfield and got 4 balls during the BP session including 1 of 2 Pujols Home Runs he hit during his BP.

It was much tougher during the actual Derby as the pushing and shoving for balls was intense including one of Jermaine Dye's HR balls hit the face of a man near me and then bounced off my arm.

I did make a deal and got one of David Wright's HR balls from the 1st round!

Did anyone else go????

Sounds like you had a good time. Your story reminds me of the time i was hit in the face by a David Bell foul ball when the Mariners were in town vs. the Dodgers. Bounced right off my cheek bone and landed in my dads lap, he was pretty excited :D while i was in pain. Anyways if your going to the game tonight have fun.

allstarsplus
07-11-2006, 01:08 PM
Sounds like you had a good time. Your story reminds me of the time i was hit in the face by a David Bell foul ball when the Mariners were in town vs. the Dodgers. Bounced right off my cheek bone and landed in my dads lap, he was pretty excited :D while i was in pain. Anyways if your going to the game tonight have fun.

Not going tonight unfortunately as I have already returned to Washington DC. I will try to download some pics too.

All the players were staying at the Westin in downtown Pittsburgh and the only restaurant there is called the Fish Market. The Westin also connects with the Convention Center where they had FanFest. At 2PM, I went to have some sushi at the Fish Market and sat at their sushi bar which was the perfect time as Big Papi and his entourage and then ARod and his group headed in. The restaurant at that point was essentially closed off due to so many autograph hounds starting converging on the restaurant.

I have some great stories about the lunch that I will save for another time. Let's just say it was like an episode from Seinfeld in the Italian restaurant.....lol:D