PDA

View Full Version : How many Bats and Jerseys does Joe Mauer use per year?

Mark17
05-29-2010, 08:42 AM
Does anyone have a good estimate on how many GU bats Joe Mauer orders and uses per season? Also, how many Jerseys does he wear? I'm using Mauer as an example because right now, everything he touches is in heavy demand. We could use Pujols as the example just as well.

MLB_Authentic
05-29-2010, 08:45 AM
As for 09, the Twins Pro Shops only received 9 or 10 Mauer Bats. As you know Mauer rarely cracks a bat (although it has happened a little more this season), so he uses a bat until grain seperation occurs. You figure he probably kept a few for family and such from last year, and he gave one to Wally, I would guess he used about 20 last year. I have had 2 2009's thus far. Niether one MLB Authenticated. 1 was photomatched to 3 HR's and the other I did not have time to photomatch. They sold for $2200 and $1500 respectively. Hope this helps.

Mark17
05-29-2010, 09:01 AM
As for 09, the Twins Pro Shops only received 9 or 10 Mauer Bats. As you know Mauer rarely cracks a bat (although it has happened a little more this season), so he uses a bat until grain seperation occurs. You figure he probably kept a few for family and such from last year, and he gave one to Wally, I would guess he used about 20 last year. I have had 2 2009's thus far. Niether one MLB Authenticated. 1 was photomatched to 3 HR's and the other I did not have time to photomatch. They sold for $2200 and $1500 respectively. Hope this helps.

Joe has a "cabin" here in Minnesota that is really a mansion, with indoor batting cage, so he can hit baseballs all year round. What I'm wondering is, what are the combined number of bats ordered by Joe from Louisville Slugger and any other bat companies he deals with?

I agree, the number of bats Joe actually uses in games is probably not an outrageously high number, and I'm sure Joe wouldn't want anyone taking a good gamer away from him every other day just to sell at the Pro Shop. What I'm trying to get at is, about how many bats that could be considered "gamers" are produced each year?

As for his jerseys, any idea how many of them are sold by the Pro Shops? They are a different story; as long as they all fit the same, Joe probably wouldn't care if he was issued a new jersey every game.

Dewey2007
05-29-2010, 09:17 AM
Does anyone have a good estimate on how many GU bats Joe Mauer orders and uses per season? Also, how many Jerseys does he wear? I'm using Mauer as an example because right now, everything he touches is in heavy demand. We could use Pujols as the example just as well.

Why don't you try getting in touch with the Twins Equipment Mgr. about your question. I have found that the EM's I have contacted have been helpful and willing to answer inquiries about specific player equipment.

metsbats
05-29-2010, 09:35 AM
"As you know Mauer rarely cracks a bat (although it has happened a little more this season), so he uses a bat until grain seperation occurs."

What a testimony to Joe's hitting prowess especially in a era where bats are more easily cracked due to their thinness.

The only other players who I can think of whose gamers are rarely seen cracked is Wade Boggs and maybe Tony Gwynn.

nomarmauerfan
05-29-2010, 10:31 AM
As Jessie stated, the Pro Shops got 12 bats of his last year (way less than he orders). The demand was ridiculous...they were gone as fast as they got them. This year, his bats are going to start at $1000!!! I know someone who works at the Majestic shop at Target Field and he told me they already have a handful of them in storage. However, they're waiting to see how the 2 Morneau bats ($750 - ridiculous) and 2 Thome bats ($700 - ridiculous) sell first. Joe's bats are in high demand. However, to pay $1000 at the start of an unknown season is questionable at best. At least with Jessie's 2009 bats, he knew they were from an MVP season.
As far as the jerseys go, the Pro Shops usually get 1-2 of each style (home, away, blue alternate). The Auto Party auction and Twinsfest usually has a bat or jersey as well. I have not seen his throwback from last year or a sleeveless one for sale, although I am sure they exist.
Hope this helps.

Mike

legaleagle92481
05-29-2010, 10:47 AM
$1,000 is actually a reasonable price. The guy is an amazing player who will pick up more MVPs and possibly batting titles before he is done. Though this year it appears that Vlad if he can stay healthy and keep up close to his current pace or Miguel Cabberra will be MVP. Plus the demand well exceeds the supply for his stuff. The prediction is those bats sell out. As for the number ordered why not just ask BMH? And the Thome price is not bad on MLB auctions Thome gamers have sold for over $1,200 at times from his Sox days the guy will have 600 homers oneday. I got mine in the height of the recession from MLB auctions and still paid about $600. And these were the days that a Pujols MLB authenticated GU bat sold on Ebay for like $800 bucks.

JeffB
07-24-2010, 11:20 PM
I work a the main store at Target Field and we have sold at least two Mauer bats this year for $1000 and they went right away.

We also sold a $700 non-authenticated and $750 authenticated Thome bat, which also went fast.

The Morneau's are $650. I'm usually only there on game days so I'm not sure how fast the Morneau's have sold. If they have sold, they have been restocked right away since we seem to have a supply of them on hand, unlike the Mauer and Thome's.