jondris
05-28-2010, 12:12 PM
any comments or reasons why this jersey only went for 1800

http://www.hugginsandscott.com/cgi-bin/showitem.pl?itemid=21639

Am trying to learn and would like some of the experts to chime in

Thanks

dabadestalbo69
05-28-2010, 12:38 PM
because Lebron never wore a size 52. Hes worn a size 50 then switched to 48 in 08-09 i think.

Its a pro cut being passed off as a game worn, its been done many times and theres a guy selling a pro cut as game worn on ebay right now actually.

jondris
05-31-2010, 09:23 AM
so even with the MEARS letter you think its no good ....?

Thanks for your answer and if any one else has any comments I would appreciate them.

Thank You

jbsportstuff
05-31-2010, 09:34 AM

Thanks for your answer and if any one else has any comments I would appreciate them.

Thank You
A5 isn't the grade you would want if you are looking for a game used jersey...or bat.

Schmoozer
05-31-2010, 10:34 AM

Thank You

jondris,

Do you mind if I ask...were you the winner?

sox83cubs84
05-31-2010, 08:10 PM

Thank You
Most of you remember that I was employed by MEARS until late 2009. The A5 grade is confusing to some, as it doesn't automatically ensure game usage.
I don't remember the exact language used, but A5 can either be game used or unused. The grade focuses on the jersey having all the attributes of a game used jersey. This covers both worn jerseys and unused versions that are identical or nearly identical to something the player would wear. I say "nearly identical" because I no longer recall whether a small difference in size would be a detriment to the assignment of an A5 grade or not.

Dave M.
Chicago area

legaleagle92481
05-31-2010, 09:26 PM
There are very, very few legit Lebron jerseys on the market and the only ones worth it are those from uda or mei gray as so few of the other ones are real. does anyone ever know what happened with jo and lebron? a few months ago i remember jarrod posted about how he was trying to get lebron to sell him some stuff and i have not heard anything else about it.

dabadestalbo69
06-04-2010, 05:15 PM
letter means absolutely nothing, anyone can tell you that.

suave1477
10-21-2010, 09:45 AM
Intersting this post popped up now sure if I should post my thoughts here or start a new thread but if the commentators feel the need to start a new one off my topic then they may go ahead and do so.

Well unfortunately I use to hold Higgins and Scott with higher regards than a few other Auctions houses out there because they seemed to be pretty reputable.
Until I came across an item that they had in there most recent Auction as Game Used. The item has no proof or provenance of being game used let alone anywhere even near the player, team, or even the stadium for that fact. I spoke with the Authenticator and he seemed to have no problem with that.
I spoke with the Auction house and there response was "Well thats what our authenticator says so he's right"
The problem is, I pointed out to them of every possibility that the item was NOT game used yet that was Huggins and Scotts response.

So much for me buying anything from them again.

TFig27
10-22-2010, 03:54 PM
Intersting this post popped up now sure if I should post my thoughts here or start a new thread but if the commentators feel the need to start a new one off my topic then they may go ahead and do so.

Well unfortunately I use to hold Higgins and Scott with higher regards than a few other Auctions houses out there because they seemed to be pretty reputable.
Until I came across an item that they had in there most recent Auction as Game Used. The item has no proof or provenance of being game used let alone anywhere even near the player, team, or even the stadium for that fact. I spoke with the Authenticator and he seemed to have no problem with that.
I spoke with the Auction house and there response was "Well thats what our authenticator says so he's right"
The problem is, I pointed out to them of every possibility that the item was NOT game used yet that was Huggins and Scotts response.

So much for me buying anything from them again.

Jason,

Can you please send me tracking info for the bat?

Thanks
Tom

TFig27@aol.com