PDA

View Full Version : Your vote for biggest disappointment of the season...

Schmoozer
05-27-2010, 11:22 PM
My vote goes to Ryan Garko.

3 for 23

.130 batting average.

3 RBI

No home runs. Nada. Zero.

Yeah, the Giants knew what they were doing dumping this slouch. He's dead weight.

LastingsMilledge85
05-27-2010, 11:48 PM
Garko is now in the minors trying to "find himself." Garko is not even close though if you look at the big picture in all of baseball. I can name tons of players that come before him on disappoinment levels (Oliver Perez, John Maine, Trevor Hoffman, Jeff Clement, Carlos Quentin, Hideki Matsui, Nick Johnson, Brian Bruney, Aki Iwamura, and it goes on and on and on).

LastingsMilledge85
05-27-2010, 11:49 PM
Oh! How could I forget Javier Vazquez, Melky Cabrera, Yunel Escobar, Nate McCLouth, and Chris Coghlan?

mariner_gamers
05-27-2010, 11:52 PM
George Kenneth Griffey Junior........ He was supposed to be hitting .320 with 23 HR's right now!! Ok, ok, I was hoping he would be around .260 with 8 or 9 homers right now. He is really, really done......

legaleagle92481
05-28-2010, 12:33 AM
It is still early a few short weeks ago people were calling for the Sox to release Ortiz enmasse now he has made those people look dumb. Alot of the people mentioned are not stars or so I wouldn't say they are disappointments. Did anyone really think that Jeff Clement, Ryan Gargo or Nick Johnson would have a .300 ba, 10 hrs and 35 rbis or something right now? Or that Chris Cologhan despite his ROY award was a star in the making? The guy has resembled the Berroa who won ROY over Matsui that time and Bobby Crosby from the start. And Griffey and Hoffman are over 40 noone can play forever. Oliver Perez has stunk for years. Vasquez has looked decent lately. So I think this question cannot be answered until at least the allstar break.

nationals2k9
05-28-2010, 08:40 AM
Oh! How could I forget Javier Vazquez, Melky Cabrera, Yunel Escobar, Nate McCLouth, and Chris Coghlan?

What about Lastings Durell Milledge?

LastingsMilledge85
05-28-2010, 09:39 AM
I would be inclined to agree with Milledge, but he's starting to heat up now and batting near .260 when he was batting .220 for the greater part of the season. He's lack of power is a big concern, and his job is on the line with Tabata's arrival soon. He's either going to take Milledge's or Jones' spot in the outfield. If it is Milledge then you can bet that his career is just about done, but with the way Clement is playing it looks like Jones will slide to first and Tabata will play RF. And as to Clement's expectations, they were very high and believed that he would have lots of power and a decent batting average. That has not been the case for the former first rounder.

LastingsMilledge85
05-28-2010, 09:41 AM
And about Perez, you can't stink for years when you win 15 games in a season twice. He will be fixed, but by the Mets? Probably not, and they have to deal with that.

gingi79
05-28-2010, 10:10 AM
Anyone not named Prado or Heyward in an Atlanta jersey from the end of Spring Training until May 10th.. I mean I love the fact they woke up in the last 3 weeks but this team was so terrible initially, they were thinking of renaming the team The Atlanta Prados. Other than the Say Heyward Kid, Martin was the entire offense, defense, pinch hitting and pinch running for the team. It was so bad, i was waiting for him to start one game then come in for relief 2 days later all before closing games the next week. I'd love to see him make the All Star Game this year, he has to be one of the best 2bs in the NL.

Schmoozer
05-28-2010, 11:09 AM
Garko is now in the minors trying to "find himself." Garko is not even close though if you look at the big picture in all of baseball. I can name tons of players that come before him on disappoinment levels (Oliver Perez, John Maine, Trevor Hoffman, Jeff Clement, Carlos Quentin, Hideki Matsui, Nick Johnson, Brian Bruney, Aki Iwamura, and it goes on and on and on).

I see, so guys who are still in the majors or injured are bigger disappointments to you than a guy who was touted by many to be this great power hitting sensation who was going to level right-handed pitchers to their knees, but stinks so badly he has been "demoted" to the minors to "find himself"?

Most of the guys you mention were never touted as becoming star players, or are in the twilight of their careers...and Hoffman? Dude, he has more career saves than...ANYONE. He is the MLB save record holder. Yeah, he's done, but c'mon, I'm talking about a player who is supposed to be in his prime, not a HOF'er in the golden years of his profession trying to pad his stats.

Garko is turning out to be the "Ryan Leaf" of MLB. But that's just how I see it.

nationals2k9
05-28-2010, 11:33 AM
Here in Cleveland the tale of Grady seems to get more gloomy by the day...

Dewey2007
05-28-2010, 11:50 AM
Here in Cleveland the tale of Grady seems to get more gloomy by the day...

What about Pronk? For the last two years Travis Hafner has been MIA in Cleveland. Hopefully he can turn things around.

As an A's fan I have to say that Coco Crisp has been the biggest disappointment of the year so far. He's been a DL All-star so far.

justinbittner220
05-28-2010, 03:39 PM
The entire Pirates team and management staff.

LastingsMilledge85
05-28-2010, 07:05 PM
Ryan Garko and Ryan Leaf? Now that's just crazy! Garko's memorabilia didn't sell like Leaf's. Leaf was the next BIG thing to football, Garko was just another power hitter to baseball.

geoff
05-28-2010, 07:18 PM
My Baltimore Orioles Baseball Team.We just Flat out Suck right now.I do hope we Pick it up.My Biggest Disappointment Player Wise would have to be Nolan Reimold.I will still stand behind The Team always And keep going to Games even if we do Lose.

skyking26
05-28-2010, 09:28 PM
Ken Griffey Jr., Done in every sense of the word.

Adam Dunn: Making extension comments here and there, but I'm not seeing the numbers to make his case. Shut up and do some slugging.

Manram
05-28-2010, 09:45 PM
Ken Griffey Jr., Done in every sense of the word.

Adam Dunn: Making extension comments here and there, but I'm not seeing the numbers to make his case. Shut up and do some slugging.

I was suprised that a player that had the amazing career that griffey did, that he would not end his career on a high note, like a year with typical griffey stats