PDA

View Full Version : Multipart Question for Football Jersey Collectors

hockeytigers
05-22-2010, 10:03 PM
Question #1: I recently acquired this Reggie Roby Houston Oilers jersey and I have not been able to find any photos of him wearing the light blue jersey. If anybody can offer any help, I would greatly appreciate it.

Question #2: This jersey had writing all over the back that I removed. I saved the autograph and wondered from everyone if I should leave the autograph or should I remove it also? I am torn because I think the autograph is not very good, but on the other hand Reggie Roby passed away in 2005 and this jersey will never be autographed again...

The autograph is darker than what the picture shows...

Thanks Everyone!!

neverfinished94
05-23-2010, 07:55 AM
definitely leave the autograph

CollectGU
05-23-2010, 11:47 AM
Question #1: I recently acquired this Reggie Roby Houston Oilers jersey and I have not been able to find any photos of him wearing the light blue jersey. If anybody can offer any help, I would greatly appreciate it.

Question #2: This jersey had writing all over the back that I removed. I saved the autograph and wondered from everyone if I should leave the autograph or should I remove it also? I am torn because I think the autograph is not very good, but on the other hand Reggie Roby passed away in 2005 and this jersey will never be autographed again...

The autograph is darker than what the picture shows...

Thanks Everyone!!

I don't think I would have removed the inscription. If you have a letter describing first hand account of how it was given to a friend directly from Reggie, an inscription like that helps corroborate that provenance.

Dave

halzeus
05-23-2010, 03:08 PM
I am torn about autographed jerseys. I prefer them without autographs, but some people really look at the autograph as important.

How did you remove the inscription?

hockeytigers
05-23-2010, 05:27 PM
This stuff is the best...dipped a Q-tip in the bottle and wiped the ink off...it took about 50 Q-tips. Didn't even have to scrub!!

buckeyegamers
05-24-2010, 08:14 AM
Where can you buy that?