PDA

View Full Version : Told You Nick Johnson Doesnt Deserve Work!i

dirtyla2000
05-22-2010, 05:23 AM
I hate to say I told you guys so,but since I was attacked by members who pointed out his great carreer on base percentage and batting avg.,here it is, I TOLD YOU SO! The bum is out again,this time for 2 months.Im sure the yanks wont miss his .167 batting avg though! I think they gave this clown 5 million bucks this year.He has been milking teams for years now,hopefully the buck finally stops here!

LastingsMilledge85
05-22-2010, 11:49 AM
The Yankees are not expecting to have him back this year. His career is over if that holds true.

legaleagle92481
05-22-2010, 02:03 PM
This move will come back to haunt them. I am a New Yorker not a Yankee fan but the papers cover them so much it is hard not to know what is going on with them here. Tampa Bay is legit and I don't see the Yankees catching them in the division. They will be the Wild Card and still make the ALCS but can't see them getting past Tampa in the playoffs either. Adding Winn, Granderson and Johnson and subtracting Damon and Matsui will interrupt what could have been back to back titles.

cjclong
05-24-2010, 12:55 PM
I think the biggest loss is Damon.

yanks12025
05-24-2010, 01:43 PM
This move will come back to haunt them. I am a New Yorker not a Yankee fan but the papers cover them so much it is hard not to know what is going on with them here. Tampa Bay is legit and I don't see the Yankees catching them in the division. They will be the Wild Card and still make the ALCS but can't see them getting past Tampa in the playoffs either. Adding Winn, Granderson and Johnson and subtracting Damon and Matsui will interrupt what could have been back to back titles.

Yankees will be fine and before you know it they will be in first place. Tampa Bay can't stay perfect forever.

legaleagle92481
05-25-2010, 08:29 AM
Yankees will be fine and before you know it they will be in first place. Tampa Bay can't stay perfect forever.

Tampa is no fluke they won the AL in 2008 with virtually the same team which now has two more years of experience. The Yanks age is starting to show with injuries and underperformance and all the money in the world cannot turn back the clock. Last year the lineup was so deep and this year that is not the case and the Pen is a disaster area.

yanks12025
05-25-2010, 11:13 AM
Tampa didn't make the playoffs last year and that was with the same team also.

LastingsMilledge85
05-25-2010, 11:35 AM
Tampa is the same team, but this year all those pieces are coming together. You have Price who is lights out, Niemann only gets better, Davis will get better, Jaso, Rodriguez, and Brignac are all coming together too. This is what they were waiting for, the 2008 season they just got ahead of themselves. If this continues up to the All-Star break, then you can wrap this division up. The Rays are for real and the Yankees realize that. The Rays just have so much minor league depth that they can build a franchise for years to come and Jennings will (hopefully for them) fill Crawford's shoes nicely after the season. Not to mention that they have a stud of a shortstop in Beckham.

legaleagle92481
05-25-2010, 11:53 AM
Tampa didn't make the playoffs last year and that was with the same team also.

In addition to Lastings' very good points you have the hangover effect that seems to hit teams the year after they come close to but not win a title. For example, here are the runnerups between 2000 and 2007: 2000 Mets, 2001 Yankees, 2002 Giants, 2003 Yankees, 2004 Cards, 2005 Astros, 2006 Tigers, 2007 Rockies. None of those teams got back to the WS the following year and most did not even make the playoffs.

LastingsMilledge85
05-25-2010, 02:12 PM
Often times it's teams that just get ahead of themselves and the next season there is so much hype on them even though they are a rebuilding team. In baseball, the Rockies from a few years back is an example along with the Rays and 2004 Cardinals. They are rebuilding teams that unexpectedly exploded and overachieved, the following year they are knocked down to where they "should of been" last year and achieve success in the following seasons. In the NFL, watch out for a team like the Miami Dolphins or Baltimore Ravens. Young talent, that overachieved but have a very high ceiling and bright future ahead.

NeonStatus
05-25-2010, 10:01 PM
Nick Johnson is a joke. He is always injured and the Yankees knew this when they signed him. Damon is playing everyday and so is Matsui. Nick Johnson is sitting on his rear somewhere collecting, while Matsui and Damon are out there earning their money. Nick may be making less but he isn't doing anything at all so its essentially a waste, something like Carl Pavano. Do not sound like Cashman made the right move.

LastingsMilledge85
05-25-2010, 10:35 PM
Have you seen what Matsui has been doing in LA? He has what five home runs with an average just over the Mendoza Line, and now has been dropped down in the order. The worst move the Yanks made in recent years was opting to let Abreu go and sign for nothing.

legaleagle92481
05-26-2010, 12:13 AM
Nick Johnson is a joke. He is always injured and the Yankees knew this when they signed him. Damon is playing everyday and so is Matsui. Nick Johnson is sitting on his rear somewhere collecting, while Matsui and Damon are out there earning their money. Nick may be making less but he isn't doing anything at all so its essentially a waste, something like Carl Pavano. Do not sound like Cashman made the right move.

when does cashman make the right move? yes he threw money at cc and tex and they came hear but any gm in baseball could have done that with a checkbook that size and what kind of player evaluation did it take? they were both major stars. the granderson trade, the winn and johnson signings, the vasquez and the chan ho park signing all look like train wrecks. this adds to acquiring pavano, kevin brown and jaret wright in the past among other great moves.