PDA

View Full Version : Moderate Use

yanks12025
05-20-2010, 08:05 AM
To other collectors when a bat is described in having "Moderate Use" what level of use should the bat have, what type amount of use should be present and so on. Trying to see where moderate falls on the level of game usage. Thanks

kylehess10
05-20-2010, 09:02 AM
Moderate use in my opinion should have a couple good ink-transfers....maybe a tiny bit of tar.....a few rack marks....a couple seam impressions. Just something to show that it was used, but not a whole lot.

jbsportstuff
05-20-2010, 12:06 PM
Moderate use in my opinion should have a couple good ink-transfers....maybe a tiny bit of tar.....a few rack marks....a couple seam impressions. Just something to show that it was used, but not a whole lot.
I see that as light use.

suave1477
05-20-2010, 02:42 PM
My definition of usage including "Moderate" especially when im selling a bat.

Light use - maybe one rack mark, maybe one ball scuff / seam impression, maybe a cleat mark of some sort, maybe a light coat of pine tar / mota stick. - showing little to barely any use of course if it shows nothing at all I consider it issued.

Moderate use - decent amount of pine tar / mota stick. A few ball marks and or seam impressions and or scuffs and or cleat marks - showing easy to see use

Heavy Use - basically speaks for itself - shows tons of ball marks, heavy pine tar, maybe some dead wood, maybe cracked

Every once in a blue I will call a bat "Super heavy"
I say Super Heavy when a bat looks all out hammered in each and every possible way on every level. To the point where it looks like someone took the bat and drove over it a 100 times.