PDA

View Full Version : 8X10 picture/ticket stub Frame Suggestions

DantleyHOF
05-18-2010, 06:04 PM
Hi,
What is the best way to frame a 8x10 picture and right on the sides a half of baseball game ticket stub. The ticket stub is from Shea Stadium around 1970s baseball game. Frames shops will staple it the stub. Also some frames shops around here will ruin it.

I seen MLB auction have some nice frames. It has to be a good frame and not some cheap frame. The frame glass protected. Any suggestions? If you have a picture, please post it. This is back in the days when tickets stubs was ripped off. Thanks and have a nice day. B.F.

camarokids
05-18-2010, 06:09 PM
I would take it to Hobby Lobby or Micheal's. You can get a larger frame and have both matted in a nice display. Micheal's is more expensive, but they always have coupons in the Sunday paper. If u need a coupon I will mail u one.

ironmanfan
05-18-2010, 06:35 PM
try:

www.thatsmyticket.com (http://www.thatsmyticket.com)

skier14
05-18-2010, 06:51 PM
Buy an 11x14 frame and a custom mat from somebody. I have some mats, that I use for index cards, maybe they would work for you. I also have frames. If you're interested let me know, but it may not work with the size of the ticket stub.

Thanks,
Dustin

DantleyHOF
06-05-2010, 08:42 AM
Hi,
Sorry for not answering you right away. skier14 thanks for the offer on the
mats. I will pass on the mats

ironman- Asking did you do any business with thatsmyticket?

Here is the main reason. I have a Willie Mays 660 Homerun ticket stub. I was at the game, when he hit his last homerun. Back in those days. Ticket takers ripped the stub. Today they scan the ticket stub. I have a Willie Mays 660 Homerun 8x10 unsigned. I don't want to take it to Hobby Lobby or Michael's and they staple the ticket on the background mat.
Thank you for your help ironman and skier14. Have a nice weekend. B.F.

DantleyHOF
06-05-2010, 08:45 AM
Hi,
Something must be wrong again. Sorry for not answering you right away.

skier14 thanks for the offer on the mats. I will pass on the mats

ironman- Did you do any business with thatsmyticket?

Here is the main reason. I have a Willie Mays 660 Homerun ticket stub. I was at the game, when he hit his last homerun. Back in those days. Ticket takers ripped the stub. Today they scan the ticket stub. I have a Willie Mays 660 Homerun 8x10 unsigned. I don't want to take it to Hobby Lobby or Michael's and they staple the ticket on the background mat.

Thank you for your help ironman and skier14.
Have a nice weekend. B.F.

otismalibu
06-07-2010, 03:36 PM
I would opt to mat & frame. If you're worried about the ticket stub. put it in a penny sleeve (for cards) and then mat over that, so you can't see the edges of the sleeve. You don't need to drop your items off...just get them to cut you a custom mat for a specific sized frame, then put it together yourself.

I bought a mat cutter years ago, so I could make my own. Here's a very basic one I made for an oddball sized photo & cut auto. That's the idea, but you could get a much nicer mat made, multiple colors, etc.

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb110/otismalibu/mcf4.jpg

Jayworld
06-07-2010, 04:03 PM
You may wish to also keep in mind to get acid-free Matte Board as well as any acid-free backer paper. Also, look into the UV protected glass when framing.

justinbittner220
06-07-2010, 05:56 PM
michael's won't ruin your stuff. I haven't had any sports stuff done, but I have had them do movie posters and they are fantastic to deal with. If it is something you find to be of value, whether it be sentimental or otherwise, pay for it to be done right.

DantleyHOF
06-09-2010, 12:50 PM
Hi,

Otismalibu -Amazing Dr. J items you have. I am going for the photo/ticket uv frame from thatsmyticket web site. Thanks to ironmanfan. All I have to do is put the photo and ticket stub in. The mat color depending on the team.

justinbittner220- Michael's and Hobby Lobby do ruin sports stuff.
Movie posters are different. When you are talking valuable sports memorabilia. You don't want to cut around cost. I know some movie posters that are expensive and valuable. Maybe its my area. Who knows.

Jayworld- Thanks for telling me about acid free mats and UV glass. I always get UV glass in framing.

I want to thank you everyone for replying to me. I will keep in mind several good points. Have a nice day. B.F

skinsfan0521
06-10-2010, 09:09 AM
It looks like you've already decided on the best option for you, but the Michael's around me does not ruin things. I had them custom frame and matte a bunch of sports cards for me and the way that they did it was to use photo corners behind the matting. Nothing glued, stapled or anything like that, just slid into these photo corners to hold them in place.

It was also quite expensive though. lol There were 17 cutouts in the matte for the cards and I guess that's what make the price keep climbing.

Anyway, just something from my experience

yankees24
06-10-2010, 11:13 AM
as you've mentioned before regarding archival properties, is it better to use UV resistant glass or acrylic. also what do you use for the backing, I've heard alpharag is great but wanted to know if it's the best out there? thanks.

DantleyHOF
06-10-2010, 09:51 PM
Hi skinsfan0521,

Maybe its the Hobby Lobby and Michaels around me that attract High School frame workers. Both places knows frames/ mats/glass. When it comes to expensive sports memorabilia. I want someone who knows about it. All I have to do is measure my ticket stub and place the picture and stub in. UV glass is extra. Thanks for your comments. I have put off framing this for years. Thanks to this forum. I've got good ideas.

yankees24,

I always use uv glass and acid free mat. Not a frame expert. Heard its the best.

Yankees24 and skinsfan0521,
Thanks for your comments. Have a nice day. B.F.