PDA

View Full Version : Which NFL Team Do You Think Needs A Makeover The Most?

JasonBanz
05-18-2010, 05:10 PM
I've been searching through uniwatchblog.com(great site by the way!) and saw several NFL uniform tweaks. It got me thinking, who do you think needs a make over the biggest? I got some of the tweaks to show. Definitely interesting!

gingi79
05-18-2010, 06:39 PM
Never been a big fan of the Texans or Jaguars. Their team color jerseys especially are too similar to other clubs. I was glad to see the Giants go back to old school and the Bills change because they were hard to distinguish from each other in the late 80's / early 90's.
The NFL allows too many changes as it is. I'd like to see the Seahawks bring back the old schools, ditto the Bucs. I also think every team should be wearing a throwback jersey once or twice a season.

Then again, I'd love to see teams that have sharply different unis from each other, both wearing their team color shirts. A Giants/Dolphins game with the G-Men in Blue and the Fish in orange? Wicked. Ditto Pack and Niners or Bills/Bengals

JasonBanz
05-18-2010, 07:58 PM
I always get excited when I hear about teams getting new uniforms, or throwbacks for the year. The 3 teams that I would like to see get a tweak are the Panthers, Patriots, and Dolphins. I think it's time for the Panthers to get a new style jersey, and the Patriots to get a new style helmet. The Dolphins had a cool concept in 1997 when the drop shadow was cool. Now their jerseys look kinda dull in my opinion. The 49ers went away from the drop shadow last year, which I think they did because the drop shadow is out of style now. As a Fins fan I love the concept that I posted. I wish there was a way to get that to the front office.

As for the color on color, I think that would be great but I don't believe the league allows that. I'm pretty sure 1 white and 1 team color is whats allowed. I could see how white on white would get confusing but team color on team, unless of course they have similar colors, would be great!

I definitely think that Tampa bay needs to go back to the throwbacks more often!

LastingsMilledge85
05-18-2010, 08:28 PM
Those Ochocinco jerseys need a Milledge on the back ;)
Anyway, the Browns need a makeover in everyway possible, but what I'm exciting for are the Packers are having an alternate this year! I believe it's the first time they are ever having a third jersey.

JasonBanz
05-18-2010, 08:40 PM
I really forgot about the Browns. The Browns realy need one bad. I think alot of teams such as the Bears, Packers, Browns, Chiefs, Raiders, Cowboys, and Colts really wont mess around much with new unis because its part of their legacy.

LastingsMilledge85
05-18-2010, 09:39 PM
Didn't the Cowboys make a big change in the '90s after getting rid of the "star" jerseys as their home jerseys because it brought them losses or something along those lines? The Jets uniforms I never liked and their helmet composition is a complete rip off of the Packers, just another reason to hate the Jets ;)

LastingsMilledge85
05-18-2010, 09:41 PM
Jason, you make like this, it was a proposed avante garde helmet, obviously they never went large with it.
http://sportslogos.net/images/logos/7/150/full/871.gif

JasonBanz
05-18-2010, 10:57 PM
The Cowboys did make a small adjustment, but nothing really big like some teams do. When I mentioned those teams, I was meaning huge adjustments such a logos and unis.

LastingsMilledge85
05-18-2010, 11:46 PM
I posted a proposed helmet logo for the Dolphins but now it's gone. Here's the link http://sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=871

JasonBanz
05-19-2010, 06:07 AM
Ah yes. I did see that before. It is definitely a good concept. Might have been a pain to make. I prefer the revamped Dolphin from 97-present, but it would be nice to see a throwback once in a while :)

punch
05-19-2010, 09:16 AM
Browns REALLY need an update. And I really hate the current Bengals uniforms, they need to tone it down a bit.

cledawgs
05-22-2010, 06:36 PM
Browns REALLY need an update. And I really hate the current Bengals uniforms, they need to tone it down a bit.

The Browns Unis are perfect, Thank you.

Jayworld
05-24-2010, 10:12 AM
Being a long-time Patriots fan (since 1976), I'd love to see them go back to the 1989 era with the hiking minuteman helmets and red masks. I thought the white jerseys with "UCLA stripes" and red pants were very cool.

Like to see Buffalo simplify things and go back to the 1970s look with white helmets and blue masks. Their current throwbacks are pretty cool.

Having lived in Dallas all my life, I think the Jerry Jones era Cowboys uniforms are pretty bad. None of the blues match at all. The blue on the home white jersey is much lighter than it was in the 1960s-70, when it was more of a dark royal, and the road uniform doesn't match the home (mirror image) as most teams do. Dallas needs to wear the pre-1980 dark royal jerseys, and also in the age of Pantone colors, they need to match the pant color with the helmet color. That's just visually poor.

I thought Cleveland had a good look in the Brian Sipe era when they wore orange pants that matched the helmets (stripes, color, etc.) and the white facemasks. The current "throwback" look with the gray masks just aren't as good, no disrespect to any Browns fan.

The thing I don't like about the Saints is that the stripes on their pants do not match the stripes on their helmets. They had a pretty decent look going in the Hank Stramm era. All NFL teams should have pants with stripes, IMHO.

JasonBanz
05-24-2010, 11:57 AM
The Browns Unis are perfect, Thank you.

Gotta disagree man!

JasonBanz
05-24-2010, 11:58 AM
Being a long-time Patriots fan (since 1976), I'd love to see them go back to the 1989 era with the hiking minuteman helmets and red masks. I thought the white jerseys with "UCLA stripes" and red pants were very cool.

Like to see Buffalo simplify things and go back to the 1970s look with white helmets and blue masks. Their current throwbacks are pretty cool.

Having lived in Dallas all my life, I think the Jerry Jones era Cowboys uniforms are pretty bad. None of the blues match at all. The blue on the home white jersey is much lighter than it was in the 1960s-70, when it was more of a dark royal, and the road uniform doesn't match the home (mirror image) as most teams do. Dallas needs to wear the pre-1980 dark royal jerseys, and also in the age of Pantone colors, they need to match the pant color with the helmet color. That's just visually poor.

I thought Cleveland had a good look in the Brian Sipe era when they wore orange pants that matched the helmets (stripes, color, etc.) and the white facemasks. The current "throwback" look with the gray masks just aren't as good, no disrespect to any Browns fan.

The thing I don't like about the Saints is that the stripes on their pants do not match the stripes on their helmets. They had a pretty decent look going in the Hank Stramm era. All NFL teams should have pants with stripes, IMHO.

Being a Fins fan, I can't stand the Patriots but I love the throwbacks. I think they look so much better.

cledawgs
05-26-2010, 07:39 PM
Gotta disagree man!

Okay......wanted all your ulgy Browns Unis......sell them to me!