PDA

View Full Version : Anybody's offer(s) get accepted by JO?

34swtns
05-17-2010, 08:11 AM
Apparently, mine didn't. :rolleyes:

legaleagle92481
05-17-2010, 08:15 AM
Apparently, mine didn't. :rolleyes:

The whole thing made no sense. JO always is willing to entertain offers anyway so I still am unsure the point of the "special".

dcgreg25
05-17-2010, 08:34 AM
http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=35180

Looks like JO is still evaluating the offers.

Tay1038
05-17-2010, 11:12 AM
Apparently mine did not either. Do you think they did this just to see what the market was at and not really sell anything? There is no way someone offered on the same jersey as myself. My offer was reasonable. Why no sale?

Tay1038
05-17-2010, 11:14 AM
Guess I was wrong. Just saw DCGREGS link. I hope everything works out good for everyone!

intheminors
05-17-2010, 11:47 AM
I submitted one too but I know I low balled it. I'm going to Las Vegas June 6-10. Maybe I should just stop by and submit offers in person.

Kyle

ChrisCavalier
05-17-2010, 11:54 AM
As per our post on the thread created for this topic, we are waiting for a reply from JO Sports and then will inform everyone of the offers accepted. This should hopefully happen sometime today. As it turned out, there were quite a few offers (actually more than we anticipated) and JO Sports is in the process of evaluating them.

Regarding the comments made by those who see no reason to make an offer through the GUU program, I made a post on the thread created for this topic. In case you haven't seen it, here it is for your convenience:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showpost.php?p=200224&postcount=10

Sincerely,
Chris

Mulligans
05-17-2010, 12:38 PM
Hey Chris....For what its worth, I thought the format was Great and Kudos for whoever put it together!

It generated some interest on the Forum and I'm sure it gave JO a pretty good idea of what market Demand is.

At the end of the day, maybe someone gets a good Jersey at a price they were willing to pay and its a "WIN WIN" for all involved!

Global selling to a large group will almost always provide a cheaper sales price than just some "knucklehead" like me calling Vegas and offering them $300 for a Jersey that's worth a grand! Volume almost always drives pricing.

Best of luck to all.....and hopefully we have some good stuff to chat about shortly!

DrJ
05-17-2010, 11:12 PM
I like the idea of being able to make an offer, but I felt a simple, standard return email to anyone that made an offer that wasn't accepted would have been nice. Otherwise how do I know my email wasn't lost in the shuffle. Good luck everyone.

34swtns
05-17-2010, 11:25 PM
Agreed.

Almost 30 hours later and nothing on this end.

Anybody else?

legaleagle92481
05-18-2010, 12:02 AM
Hey Chris....For what its worth, I thought the format was Great and Kudos for whoever put it together!

It generated some interest on the Forum and I'm sure it gave JO a pretty good idea of what market Demand is.

At the end of the day, maybe someone gets a good Jersey at a price they were willing to pay and its a "WIN WIN" for all involved!

Global selling to a large group will almost always provide a cheaper sales price than just some "knucklehead" like me calling Vegas and offering them $300 for a Jersey that's worth a grand! Volume almost always drives pricing.

Best of luck to all.....and hopefully we have some good stuff to chat about shortly!

i think it depends more on the jersey than the quantity. the top sellers they have left like peterson they probably will not budge that much on because someone will eventually buy them at a price close to their price now. the lower tier stuff, especially of guys no longer on that team, they are probably very eager to get rid of over the next few months to clear way for the new season especially if they are getting more teams.

ChrisCavalier
05-18-2010, 01:42 AM

Hello Mulli,

Thank you for your post. I have heard privately from a number of people who are also thankful for the opportunity. However, it often seems the ones who try to see a half empty glass are often the most vocal.

As promised, JO Sports has been very gracious in this program and has done everything they can to try to accommodate the offers made by our members. In fact, I think it is fair to say the have tried to extend themselves as far as possible regarding the GUU member offers.

Specifically, there were a total of 114 offers of which JO Sports accepted 70. There are also 28 offers for which JO Sports has come back with counter offers and only 16 offers that were declined.

I had the opportunity to review all the offers and I will say that I think JO Sports was extremely giving in accepting many of the offers they did. I hope others will join me in thanking JO Sports for what they are doing for members of GUU.

We will be sending out emails on Tuesday to let everyone know if their offers were accepted and/or if there are counter offers from JO Sports. We will also be sending out invoices over the next few days. Again, given the number of offers, we also want to thank everyone for their patience in allowing us the time to handle all the requests that came in.

Sincerely,
Chris

legaleagle92481
05-18-2010, 08:41 AM
Hello Mulli,

Thank you for your post. I have heard privately from a number of people who are also thankful for the opportunity. However, it often seems the ones who try to see a half empty glass are often the most vocal.

As promised, JO Sports has been very gracious in this program and has done everything they can to try to accommodate the offers made by our members. In fact, I think it is fair to say the have tried to extend themselves as far as possible regarding the GUU member offers.

Specifically, there were a total of 114 offers of which JO Sports accepted 70. There are also 28 offers for which JO Sports has come back with counter offers and only 16 offers that were declined.

I had the opportunity to review all the offers and I will say that I think JO Sports was extremely giving in accepting many of the offers they did. I hope others will join me in thanking JO Sports for what they are doing for members of GUU.

We will be sending out emails on Tuesday to let everyone know if their offers were accepted and/or if there are counter offers from JO Sports. We will also be sending out invoices over the next few days. Again, given the number of offers, we also want to thank everyone for their patience in allowing us the time to handle all the requests that came in.

Sincerely,
Chris

Chris,

As one of the glass half full guys don't get me wrong I think it is great that they did something for GUU members and I wish the other big companies would follow suit and I commend you for doing something for the members.

TriplexXxSports
05-18-2010, 01:51 PM
Is there a deadline for hearing back about our offers? Are we doing the "by 8pm PDT" thing still? I know it was moved to today (Tuesday) because of the amount of offers but I still haven't heard anything, so I was just wondering when people would be hearing back.

TriplexXxSports
05-18-2010, 04:35 PM
Has anyone heard anything? Any e-mails, counter-offers, etc.?

halzeus
05-18-2010, 04:41 PM
No word yet.

Jules9
05-18-2010, 05:04 PM
Nope. Nothing at 6:03 pm Eastern time. But I do expect mine to be one of the offers that's declined.

ChrisCavalier
05-18-2010, 05:47 PM
Emails will be going out later this evening.

Sincerely,
Chris

intheminors
05-18-2010, 07:35 PM
Chris,

Thanks for the update. It is appreciated. And, thanks for putting together this program.

Kyle

solarlottry
05-18-2010, 09:26 PM
I think the opportunity to obtain more GU jerseys via JO sports via this program was a great idea and i thank GUU ad Chris for hooking it up. I called JO on friday and went thru each shirt was interested in and got all the info i needed to make what i felt was good offers ( although probably a bit low on one eeck!). JO gave me info on the wear, repairs and any other info i wanted on each shirt. I offered on one of the shirts 30% less than list price which was what they had that shirt on sale for a few months ago. lets see if it is accepted. i hope so as the shirt is from a backup player who has done little to distinguish himself although he may play more this season. I will keep everyone posted.

Again thanks Chris!!!

Masimen
05-18-2010, 11:54 PM
I think the opportunity to obtain more GU jerseys via JO sports via this program was a great idea and i thank GUU ad Chris for hooking it up. I called JO on friday and went thru each shirt was interested in and got all the info i needed to make what i felt was good offers ( although probably a bit low on one eeck!). JO gave me info on the wear, repairs and any other info i wanted on each shirt. I offered on one of the shirts 30% less than list price which was what they had that shirt on sale for a few months ago. lets see if it is accepted. i hope so as the shirt is from a backup player who has done little to distinguish himself although he may play more this season. I will keep everyone posted.

Again thanks Chris!!!

I read this post and shake my head. I do not collect football, I collect NY Yankees and we all know which company handles the Yankees GU. The thought of calling that company and getting any real and useful info on a game used bat, jersey or any item from them wouldn't even cross my mind. It would be a waste of time, and God forbid I should want a picture of the item I am paying a premium for. JO may indeed charge a premium, but from what I have read it seems to me they back it up with customer service.

34swtns
05-19-2010, 05:17 AM
Glad to be the first to say that my offer was accepted. Thanks to Chris for helping get these deals done and for helping to put some nice items into collections where they belong. Thanks also to JO for being open-minded enough to agree to a program like this that allows the collector the opportunity to help determine true value of an item of interest.

Hopefully, this isn't the last time we see this sort of interactivity as it seems to be mutually advantageous to both buyer and seller.

hockeytigers
05-19-2010, 05:23 AM
What jersey did you end up with?

TriplexXxSports
05-19-2010, 06:41 AM
Thanks to Chris for helping get these deals done..

Thanks also to JO for being open-minded.

I second the notes above. Thanks.

I will now be adding another jersey to my collection. Good luck to all.

34swtns
05-19-2010, 06:49 AM
What jersey did you end up with?

Nothing major. I went for the last Bears orange alt jersey that was left:
the '07 Ricky Manning Jr..

escaperoyals
05-19-2010, 07:27 AM
Mine was accepted. A Rams Jersey of former Sooner Eric Bassey. Not a high dollar item but they gave me a great discount. I guess I should have tried to make a couple of more offers but I thought it was an easy way for us to throw an offer to a company for something we wanted other than haggle back and forth. It obviously was a good way for JO to clean out some inventory and for GUU members to add to our collections. A Win Win for everyone I think. Thanks again Chris.
Dan

DaBears54
05-19-2010, 08:01 AM
YES!!! My offer was accepted!!! I am so excited!!! :D :D :D

Hello everyone! This is actually my first post here on GUU. I've been hanging around the forums for months now and finally decided to join a month back. I don't actually own any game used jersey's as I really don't have a lot of spending money available... saving it all for my wedding. However, I can now say that I own a game used jersey! Hopefully the first of many!

Thank you so much Chris for helping setup this great opportunity for all of us here. And thank you JO Sports for being so reasonable and providing the best game used jerseys on the market!

solarlottry
05-19-2010, 10:43 AM
Both my offers were accepted! i was fairly confident that my Tarrel Brown offer would be accepted as it was for 30% as the list price was 750$ so offered 525$. My screw up was that i thought the list price was 1000$ so that is where my 525$ offer came from as i had planned to offer a little more than half. Oh well. The other shirt was Manny Lawson which i managed to get right and offer exactly half which was also accepted! I am excited as these two shirts show the most use out of all the 49ers shirts.
Thank you JO and Chris for the great chance to pick up some more GU beauties!

ChrisCavalier
05-19-2010, 11:14 AM
Mine was accepted. A Rams Jersey of former Sooner Eric Bassey. Not a high dollar item but they gave me a great discount. I guess I should have tried to make a couple of more offers but I thought it was an easy way for us to throw an offer to a company for something we wanted other than haggle back and forth. It obviously was a good way for JO to clean out some inventory and for GUU members to add to our collections. A Win Win for everyone I think. Thanks again Chris.
Dan
Hello Dan and everyone who participated,

Thank you very much for your positive comments. When we spoke with JO Sports about the program, we were all hoping it would, indeed, be a win/win for everyone. We are glad to hear you agree.

With that said, I also want to extend my thanks to the guys at JO Sports for their desire to make this offer available to our members and accept offers that I personally wasn't sure would be acceptable. I believe they really went out of their way to help out those on GUU and I want to express my sincere gratitude.

Thanks again to everyone at JO Sports.

Sincerely,
Chris

frankneck
05-19-2010, 02:43 PM
My offer was accepted for a couple, most notably a Deuce McAllister jersey worn on MNF against the Titans in 07. I'm pretty pumped to have a gamer from the Saints all-time rushing leader, plus I was at this game in the dome. Only bummer is that he tore his acl in that game while wearing this jersey :( .

TriplexXxSports
05-19-2010, 02:58 PM
....I will now be adding another jersey to my collection.....

Uh, I mean two......

Jake51
05-19-2010, 03:25 PM
Hi,

My offer on Brandon Stokely's AFL throwback helmet as well as the ball used in the game were accepted. Going to pair them up with the throwback game jersey I have from the BRONCS/Chargers game last year.

A huge Thanks to both GUU and JO. Both are class acts for sure!

Thanks,

Tom

Lokee
05-19-2010, 03:26 PM
I never made any offers. It's nice to see you fellow collectors bolster your collections. :)

frankneck
05-19-2010, 04:31 PM
Username OleMiss, if you see this I tried to reply to your pm but it said I couldn't, you may have your settings set up to not receive messages.

Mulligans
05-20-2010, 09:05 AM
I had a few accepted:D.....and a few rejected:(, but I'm not telling anyone until the Bill is paid! haha....

Oh yea.....Please help me finance my JO purchases by picking up a couple of my GU NFL Jerseys or Baseball Jackets in the Classified Section!

Anyone who saw this as a "Waste of their Time" sure did miss out on a GREAT opportunity.

Chris....We can't thank you enough for a job WELL DONE!

halzeus
05-20-2010, 11:05 PM
I received a very reasonable counter offer and I accepted on a Michigan Wolverines game jersey.

Thanks to Chris and Jarrod for a great opportunity.

calgrad1999
05-20-2010, 11:17 PM
My offer got acceped as well. It's a great item that
I've been wanting for awhile.

Thanks to Christopher and Jarrod for making
this happen. I look forward to buying more
quality items from JO Sports in the future

Mulligans
05-21-2010, 07:35 PM
OK Guys......I just paid the bill and got the confirmation from UPS!

I picked up the Jamarcus Russel, Darren Mcfadden and Adrien Peterson. Who got the Reggie Bush?

I'll post photos as soon as they arrive!

Jeff

Dewey2007
05-21-2010, 08:01 PM
OK Guys......I just paid the bill and got the confirmation from UPS!

I picked up the Jamarcus Russel, Darren Mcfadden and Adrien Peterson. Who got the Reggie Bush?

I'll post photos as soon as they arrive!

Jeff

I hope you got a good deal on the Russell jersey because I don't think they could even give those things away these days.

Mulligans
05-21-2010, 09:33 PM
Lets just say the Russel was close to free!

Hopefully he can rebound and get hooked up with a contender. If not, I can add his jersey to my collection of the greatest #1's that never made it!!

NEfootballguy
05-22-2010, 03:40 PM
Hey Tom or JAKE51, Can't send a private message. If you ever see this post and ever want to unload that game used football from the Broncos/Patriots 2009 I have interest in it. Thanks Tom and congrats. on your new gear. Take it easy. bakersj@insightbb.com

CUTiger23
05-22-2010, 04:11 PM
Did anyone put in an offer that was accepted on the different Rams jerseys they have? They have one I want for $200, but I think that is a little high since he didn't play much and is not in the league anymore. If you can either tell me or email me the price that was accepted, that would be greatly appreciated.