PDA

View Full Version : nhl playoffs

legaleagle92481
05-13-2010, 12:10 AM
is anyone else following this? this is the craziest thing i have ever seen. in one conferance the top two teams will meet for a finals berth. in the other the 6 and 8 or 7 and 8 teams will meet for the other berth. it is amazing how an 8th seed full of no names that made the playoffs by a point can win on the road game 7s against the team that was far and away the league's best during the regular season that features two of the league's top ten players and the defending cup champs who has two of the top three players in the world.

Dewey2007
05-13-2010, 12:25 AM
is anyone else following this? this is the craziest thing i have ever seen. in one conferance the top two teams will meet for a finals berth. in the other the 6 and 8 or 7 and 8 teams will meet for the other berth. it is amazing how an 8th seed full of no names that made the playoffs by a point can win on the road game 7s against the team that was far and away the league's best during the regular season that features two of the league's top ten players and the defending cup champs who has two of the top three players in the world.

As for the 8th seeded Habs, like the saying goes "that's why they play the game". Go Sharks!!

trsent
05-13-2010, 02:24 AM

Don't forget this team:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1990-91_Minnesota_North_Stars_season

The 1990-1991 Minnesota No Stars as they were know by Chicago faithful like myself finished last in rankings being the 16th team ranked in victories - A losing regular season record to make the playoffs and then advance to the Cup Finals.

I remember, my Blackhawks won The President's Trophy, they lost to them in the first round. The Blues were one point behind the Blackhawks lost to them in the second round. Edmonton, the defending champions lost to the in the 3rd round before Mario Lemieux and The Penguins beat them in the finals.

It should be noted that back then, only five teams missed the playoffs and there was still hockey in Quebec, Winnipeg and The Whale (Hartford for those who don't know puck).

sox83cubs84
05-13-2010, 03:42 PM
Here's to the Blackhawks, and to many sing-a-longs of Chelsea Dagger at the United Center!:)

maccamania
05-13-2010, 04:33 PM
Here's to the Blackhawks, and to many sing-a-longs of Chelsea Dagger at the United Center!:)

Here's to those pesky Flyers. lets go flyers !!!!!

JasonBanz
05-13-2010, 04:51 PM
I'm what you could call a huge disappointed Penguins fan. I may just end up rooting for Chicago the rest of the way. Marian Hossa lost the Stanley Cup in 08 with the Pens, 09 with the Red Wings, so hopefully he can win it this year with the Blackhawks! Just for his sake.

gingi79
05-13-2010, 08:12 PM
Yes, that's why my beloved Canucks lost to the NHL refs in 6 games.

Just goes to show you. When the corrupt, bought by Bettman zebra's tell you they are going to call you for a phantom call because they missed a phantom dive the game before, you don't blow the whistle. The Canucks knew Burrows telling the truth and exposing ref corruption would cost them in the playoffs. Then they were eliminated by a team that hit after the whistle, assaulted the other teams goalie and when that wasn't enough, called phantom calls on them until their spirit was crushed.

I don't blame the Blackhawks. They were simply the beneficiaries of paid off refereeing. It was payback by a ref corp who was shown to be vindictive. PEDs? Steroids? Point Shaving? Who gives a crap? When refs control the outcome of championships, your sport is as mickey mouse as the WWE.

maccamania
05-14-2010, 09:21 PM
What a win by the flyers tonight, should be great series vs the habs.....:D

Schmoozer
05-14-2010, 10:50 PM
The Boston Bruins just completed one of the epic collapses in the history of sports...ALL sports!

Ahead 3-0, with a 3-0 game LEAD in the series, they have just lost are are eliminated. That's right, they blew a 3-0 lead in the deciding game, then lost three more straight to lose the entire series.

That's about as bad as it could ever get.

legaleagle92481
05-15-2010, 10:30 AM
this is so exciting. there is now guarenteed to be a champion who either has not won in over 15 years or ever. not wings-pens round 56 in the finals. the philly comeback was amazing. if you look at their roster they have such a good team it is nice to see them finally achieving. philly fans are spoiled you guys got the phils going to two straight series and now you got the flyers.

my predictions are flyers over montreal and hawks over sharks then hawks over flyers in the final in a 7 game classic.