PDA

View Full Version : jordan jersey in question LINK INCLUDED

mmonte4
07-09-2006, 11:56 AM
Lets hear some opinions on this one-

http://cgi.ebay.com/MICHAEL-JORDAN-GAME-USED-JERSEY-97-98-SEASON_W0QQitemZ290004275331QQihZ019QQcategoryZ501 35QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

RKGIBSON
07-09-2006, 09:38 PM
I have a 97-98 Jordan with a team letter. It is a Black alternate jersey with shorts. My tagging differs a lot.
The Bulls logo is on the opposite side, the side where the size is, and about 3/4 size of the tag. The NBA logo is the same size as the Bulls logo on the Nike side. Both are embroideried.
The Nike Logo differs. The word Nike is just above the Nike swipe in the red with the word TEAM above and the word SPORTS below both in white in a gray area.
The size area is differentin that the 50 is small and in he upper right hand corner with a gray line in the middle and 3 lines of writing in the lower 1/2. The lenght flag is directly below the size and says "LENGTH +2"
The year and made in USA flags are sew on the inseam, on the #2 side, on the back side of the jersey
I would post a picture tomorrow if given an email address.

sportscentury
07-09-2006, 09:45 PM
I owned a few of his jerseys from that year and obtained them from a Bulls contact shortly after the season ended. The tagging was different from this one, for certain (I have not owned the jerseys for several years, so I don't remember the details of them exactly). The 1997-98 flag tag is unusual. I know that none of mine had a tag like that. I, personally, would stay away from this shirt.
Reid

trsent
07-10-2006, 04:05 PM
I have emailed the seller and received the following reply:

"it says el salavador on the front bottom of the tag and no the tag is not cut off."

I have since emailed the seller to ask who their letter of authenticity is from. I have never seen a Michael Jordan game used jersey that was made in El Salvador.

trsent
07-10-2006, 08:35 PM
My last reply read:

"The letter of authenticity is from TNT Enterprises and I purchased the jersey from Sportstown in Ohio."

I believe the seller may not know what they have, but all indications are that there are issues. Thirty minutes left in the auction and the item is at $275.00.