PDA

View Full Version : From MLB to Softball

LastingsMilledge85
05-06-2010, 09:38 PM
Pretty neat story about one of the great guys of the game, Eric Byrnes, is now taking up softball while being paid $11 million. Here's the story http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/After-being-cut-by-M-s-Eric-Byrnes-joins-beer-l?urn=mlb,239148

skinsfan0521
05-07-2010, 10:38 AM
Thanks for this article.... it's hilarious. I love it!

Fnazxc0114
05-09-2010, 12:35 AM
i think i just became a eric byrns fan. After watching him have to rescue his dog in the water a few years ago at the all star game, i already figured he was a funny guy.

CampWest
05-10-2010, 10:00 AM
I used to play quite a bit of softball here in the KC suburbs... One year my league had a team with 3 guys who played Div I college ball, 5 guys who played up to AA-AAA, and finished off their starters with Kevin Seitzer and Mike MacFarlane.

My team of guys who couldn't make high school teams, and a couple small college players beat them soundly to go 6-0 against them that year.

I did get ejected one game for "spiking" Kevin Seitzer at second to "break up a double play". The alleged spiking was my foot sliding into Kevin's upper foot/lower ankle as he came across the bag. Kevin didnt understand why I was ejected either.

matt
05-10-2010, 07:09 PM
Byrnes played little league on my son's team in Menlo Park, and also went to school here. He came back and spoke at the school last year and signed for every kid, smiling all the time. Seemed like a very solid guy.

The Dutch Goose is a local sports bar near me that has plenty of baseball and beer history. I have heard him interviewd on local radio, and he could probably make it as a broadcaster.

Matt

LastingsMilledge85
05-10-2010, 09:22 PM
I remember first seeing the guy in 2006 and he played with such attitude and anger, but I think he is just so passionate about his performance. I'll never forget the time where he popped up in a huge spot and spike his bat at the plate and shattering pieces into Miguel Olivo's eyes. Nevertheless Byrnes really is a good guy of the game, and I think he makes an awesome teammate. The Mariners targeted him, but oh well he's happy with this and good for him. He probably is the highest paid softball player in history.