PDA

View Full Version : "GAME USED" in the NEWS -Tiger Woods Clubs -Real or Not

clinton2828
05-06-2010, 07:52 AM
How about we look into these clubs, any photo matching experts put together something to determine if the clubs were used in the majors and send it over to espn.

his story dose not sounds far fetched.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/may/06/its-local-vs-woods-in-dispute-over-clubs/

legaleagle92481
05-06-2010, 08:22 AM
How about we look into these clubs, any photo matching experts put together something to determine if the clubs were used in the majors and send it over to espn.

his story dose not sounds far fetched.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/may/06/its-local-vs-woods-in-dispute-over-clubs/

Tiger was asked about these in an interview earlier this week, he said that they are fake and that he kept and still has all of the clubs he used during that run which was more than one set of clubs. Story can be found on Si.com.

otismalibu
05-06-2010, 08:32 AM
Tiger was asked about these in an interview earlier this week, he said that they are fake and that he kept and still has all of the clubs he used during that run which was more than one set of clubs.

And we all know Tiger would never lie about something.

legaleagle92481
05-06-2010, 10:09 AM
And we all know Tiger would never lie about something.

That's not the point. Even if Tiger is lying his statement forever casts doubt on the authenticity of the items. This is a $250,000 auction and who is going to spend that in light of Tiger's statement? Besides Tiger changes clubs every few months and did not use only one set during the Tiger slam so based on those two facts I am fairly certain that the clubs are bogus. Plus the obvious why sell it yourself on Ebay rather than through one of the big auction houses that could publicize the heck out of the auction to their deep pocket customer base. The only people that will find it on Ebay are those searching for it or who saw the news article.

joelsabi
05-06-2010, 11:06 AM
That's not the point. Even if Tiger is lying his statement forever casts doubt on the authenticity of the items. This is a $250,000 auction and who is going to spend that in light of Tiger's statement? Besides Tiger changes clubs every few months and did not use only one set during the Tiger slam so based on those two facts I am fairly certain that the clubs are bogus. Plus the obvious why sell it yourself on Ebay rather than through one of the big auction houses that could publicize the heck out of the auction to their deep pocket customer base. The only people that will find it on Ebay are those searching for it or who saw the news article.

I wonder if any big auction house would touch it since it was pulled from Ebay? I think the media exposure hurt the item a lot. He can still sell it as a set of Tiger Woods clubs without the historical significance.

allstarsplus
05-06-2010, 02:11 PM
I saw Tiger's interview on Tuesday on ESPN and the eBay auction was a brief sidenote where Tiger said they are still in my garage.

Who knows the truth in it, I just wonder what motivation there would be for Tiger to not tell the truth.

My advice to the seller: Think about listing one club at a time. Not too many people will shell out $250,000 for a set of irons but based on what a Tiger Woods real shirt sells for, I bet individual irons could fetch $10,000 to $25,000 each.