PDA

View Full Version : Wilson Ramos

MUSEOVEN
05-04-2010, 07:54 AM
What do you think abaut Wilson Ramos (catcher of the Minnesota Twins) debut? in his first game 5-4 and his second game 4-3.. He is a great player and a next super star

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/8620

MLB_Authentic
05-04-2010, 08:52 AM
I think you should sell me that jersey. Thats what I think ;)

Seriously though, he is going to end up on another team at the trade deadline. He is blocked by Mauer and they dont want to waste him as a backup. He will fetch us something pretty nice at the trade deadline.

LastingsMilledge85
05-04-2010, 11:56 AM
So far very impressive, but it's only two games so hopefully for him the success will carry over. Prior to his callup he was not "tearing it up" in the minors so that could be an indicator of what happens after the at-bats start to pile up. There is high hopes for him and so far so good, but if he continues to perform like this he will be traded and the Twins will get a very nice return on him. It should make up for the bust of players they got in that Santana trade even though you can't say it was a bust fr him considering he wasn't going to stay there in the long term.

legaleagle92481
05-04-2010, 11:46 PM
here is my against the grain prediction. they keep him. mauer has made going on the disabled list an annual tradition and as he ages and accumulates more and more wear and tear on his body it is just going to get worse. plus joe is oversized for a catcher so as good as he is behind the plate i think he could defintely see some quality time at dh and he and ramos could alternate with ramos catching maybe 2 games a week and dhing the rest at some point down the line. trading him is a bad idea because he is young and cheap and who will they trade him for? the payroll is pretty much maxed out which rules out bringing in another star and normally teams dont trade prospects for other prospects. the trade history has been terriable lately anyway. the johan deal was such a bust they would have been better off keeping him until free agency and getting the draft picks and the delmon young trade was a disaster that did wonders for tampa's development.

Mark17
05-07-2010, 10:58 PM
I agree with the Eagle. Butera is good defensively but is a light hitter. Mauer misses enough games that the Twins need a catcher with some pop in his bat. Ramos isn't going to hit .300, but he might hit .275 with some good power. Also, Mauer tore up his knee a few years ago, and ever since has missed games with regularity. My prediction about Mauer is that when he's finished with baseball, after a 16-18 season career, he will have played at most, 60% of his games as a catcher, and the rest either as DH or 1B/3B.

So, as Ramos comes back to earth and is worth less and less as trade bait, and as Mauer, again hurt, continues to demonstrate his fragility, the Twins should be looking at Ramos as part of their long-term plan behind the plate.

Butera, meanwhile, is an excellent defensive catcher and will one day, if he chooses, make a good coach or minor league manager. The Twins really like his attitude and work ethic.

Manram
05-12-2010, 05:15 PM
Just got optioned back to Triple A

allstarsplus
04-06-2011, 09:14 PM
What do you think abaut Wilson Ramos (catcher of the Minnesota Twins) debut? in his first game 5-4 and his second game 4-3.. He is a great player and a next super star

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/8620

I am doing a signing with Wilson Ramos shortly if you want your items signed.