PDA

View Full Version : Help with Yankees jersey

MJB14
05-03-2010, 11:30 AM
I've been removed from the jersey scene for a few years now and need some help with a Yankees jersey a friend of mine recently picked up. The jersey in question is NOT game used. What I'm trying to dtermine is if its authentic or a replica. Its a white NYY Jeter jersey with the Inagural yr stadium patch on the sleeve. Jersey is new w/ tags. Everything sewn, no name on back, white tag in front bottom left with seperate size tag attached below it. Also, MLB logo on back collar is red, white and blue. This is what threw me off since I know the on field NYY jerseys have a team specific color coordianated MLB logo. I know replicas used to have the name on the back but the newer ones seem to be a lot nicer than when I was buying jerseys. Any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated and I'll see if I can get him to send me some pics for reference. Thanks in advance for your help.

LastingsMilledge85
05-03-2010, 11:42 AM
The Yankees switched to the team color coordinated logo for the 2010 season, prior to that they had the red, white and blue logo.

MJB14
05-03-2010, 11:57 AM
Thanks for the MLB logo info. Are there any things that I should be looking for in trying to differentiate between an authentic and a replica that would help me determine what this jersey is? Certain tagging, or wording on the tagging itself, etc. that also would give it away.

LastingsMilledge85
05-03-2010, 12:24 PM
Stitching is different on authentics, but the biggest clue is that authentic jerseys have a tag that read "Authentic Collection" as opposed to "Genuine." Sizing in authentics go by numbers and replica is letters.