PDA

View Full Version : Anybody having problems with Nexdef on MLB.tv?

kylehess10
04-29-2010, 01:17 PM
I just renewed my MLB.tv subscription and I'm trying to get back to quite a few forum members with screenshots but Nexdef only works for a few seconds then freezes the whole game. Is anybody else having this problem? I've tried it on 3 different computers now. My own PC at home and 2 different Mac's at my school.

matt
04-29-2010, 04:52 PM
Nexdef has always been pretty unpredictable, and this year they seem even more unstable than usual. I recall having to update every few weeks in previous years as they worked out bugs. I finally switched from Dish Network to DirecTV JUST to get Extra Innings. Now I finally have a picture that does not freeze every few minutes.

M

rj_lucas
04-30-2010, 08:37 AM
Yes, I'm having the same problem, on both the PC and PS/3. I have yet to get through an entire game without it freezing. Last year I would occasionally get mometary freezes but not total lock-ups like this year. Sometimes I can fix it by switching feeds, but most of the time it's just dead in the water.

MLB needs to add more bandwidth to the service. My guess is that subscriber growth has outpaced server capacity. I can tell you without looking at the clock when the West Coast games start, because when those users come on the service, the image either degrades or locks up.

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com