PDA

View Full Version : is this guy serious? (brandon jennings jersey)

dabadestalbo69
04-28-2010, 10:24 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Bucks-game-issued-jersey-Brandon-Jennings-Meigray-JSA-/220597305385?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item335c9fc029

:confused::rolleyes:

jgperro
04-28-2010, 11:59 PM
Holy crap! At least he's honest! haha!

joshmiller0
04-29-2010, 05:30 AM
Yea.. at least he's honest... I get why he posted the meigray letter, but it's kind of funny to actually see and read it.

WadeInBmore
04-29-2010, 04:41 PM
Kinda makes me wonder if he would've let the buyer in on the name change etcetera etcetera had Meigray authenticated the jersey as a Jennings and not caught onto the change. Otherwise why would someone resubmit a jersey after they knowingly altered it.

Hmmmmm :confused: I wonder.

wade

jppopma
04-30-2010, 02:40 AM
I guess a COA like that is better than nothing at all.. Who knows?

legaleagle92481
04-30-2010, 08:41 AM
I guess a COA like that is better than nothing at all.. Who knows?

That is not a COA it is a rejection letter. It is like when an authenticator sends you a letter telling you they can't authenticate your autograph. The jersey has no real value. It is was used by a scrub during the preseason and has been altered completely. It probably is not even the same size Brandon wears. If someone wants a Jennings jersey they can get one from NBA.com or Sports Authority for a fraction of what this guy wants for his, there is no difference as none of those jerseys were issued to or worn by Jennings.

WadeInBmore
04-30-2010, 02:02 PM
So...yesterday I got an email from the seller after my post. I love it when the forum works!!! Turns out the seller is banned GUU member David Archibald. As per his request, and due to the fact that he can not post, I am posting the response that he sent to me. Hope this helps...

wade

Begin emailed response:
I am the seller of the jersey. Meigray only photomatches send in items, or the item fails...........they dont authenticate on any other basis than a photomatch on the modern nba jerseys. You can confirm that with them.

If I knew when I bought the jersey that it was what Meigray found it to be, then why would I have wasted money on the fees to have it examined? Obviously, if I would have known it wasn't a gamer, I would not have sent it in to be photomatched, when obviously it would not photomatch? I found out after the fact, what had happened. To me....I have met Brandon Jennings, and I know I could get it signed. I know then it would then be valuable due to the fact it is a team issue Bucks jersey, signed....thats better than even a signed "authentics" retail jersey in my opinion.

If Meigray would have authenticated it, it would have meant it was photomatched.........so this statement would never apply:

" Kinda makes me wonder if he would've let the buyer in on the name change etcetera etcetera had Meigray authenticated the jersey as a Jennings and not caught onto the change."

It would have never possibly been "authenticated" as you put it, because obviously, a photomatch would not exist.

Please post this as my reply.

Thanks for your comments.

David

jppopma
05-07-2010, 05:42 PM
Correct, it is not a COA as a Jennings jersey. While you can look at what the letter says it is not, you can also look and see that the letter goes into detail on what it is. That being said, I think the seller wanted to include and use that as a form of COA. I expect that it is in hopes that the jersey (as and what it is), will fetch a better price than a pro-cut or authentic jersey.

Not saying that it makes it any better or worse than anything; just commenting on why one would include the information.

otismalibu
05-07-2010, 06:06 PM
Is this seller crazy?!?!

The proper way to list something like this on eBay is to use the all-powerful NOT in the description.

Let's say I'm going to sell the shirt I'm wearing right now.

First off, I'm going to call it a jersey. Shirt, jersey, tomato, tomahto. It's not new, so I'm gonna go with vintage. Then I'll make sure everyone knows what it's not.

Vintage Jersey Not Jordan Game Worn UDA Meigray ;)

jppopma
05-07-2010, 06:29 PM
I love it Greg...the other way is to add a "?" somewhere in the description. Then you can claim that you weren't sure if is was game worn and refer to the listing.

SUPER RARE VINTAGE GAME WORN JORDAN JERSEY UDA? MEIGRAY

:)