PDA

View Full Version : Steiner Sports - Last Lick Ice Cream Autograph Signings

beantown
04-26-2010, 06:44 PM
I was interested in attending this autograph show, but it appears to be at an ice cream shop (last licks)???

https://www.lastlicksicecream.com/category_s/345.htm

Has anyone ever attended one of these Steiner/Last Lick Ice Cream Autograph Signings?

If so, let me know your thoughts.....thanks

BULBUS
04-26-2010, 08:37 PM
i went to the one in scarsdale twice. once for mariano riera and the other for michael strahan. both signings went smoothly and both guys were awesome.

-chris

Schmoozer
04-26-2010, 09:39 PM
Hi, frequent reader, never posted before, so I thought now would be nice as I have something to share.

I went to A Last Licks signing many years ago before Steiner was partnering up on a signing like this one. I met Joe Montana and Dwight Clark. I believe it was 1997. Had a great time, but I learned my lesson the hard way.

If you're going to have ice cream, have if before you get something signed. I had Joe & Dwight autograph a nice photo of "the pass" that beat Dallas in the Play-Offs, and as I was about to leave, my son wanted a cone. So the family ordered up, and as we were walking out, my little girl who I was holding in my left arm was licking her double-chocolate crunch ice cream, and if fell out of her sugar cone because it was broken, and fell right onto my autographed picture, right on the Dwight Clark inscription and sig, smearing the holy hell out of it.

I tried to wipe off the dang ice cream, and it just ruined the photo. So I asked the guy running the show if he had any more. Dwight and Joe, seeing what happened started to chuckle. Soon it became an uncontrollable laugh, and Dwight was basically foaming at the mouth laughing. The dang guy running the show, while telling me they had no more of the oversized photos I bought to have signed, started laughing along with these two jocks. Then my little boy, hearing he wasn't going to get a signed photo of the two started to cry. Now I was really feeling frustrated, and the wifey wasn't too happy either.

Just then, as all hell was rising from the dirt, a nice representative working the show walked up and asked us if we would accept a Joe Montana jersey as a gratuity to be signed by both players. I thought that was real nice, and my kid stopped crying. But then the funniest thing happened. My wife grabbed the jersey, started wiping the remaining ice cream off the double-chocolate crunch photo, handed to Dwight and said "Laugh now you horses ass. You catch one big pass in your career, and you think your hot s%$t or something!??"

I grabbed the kids, and the wife, and the only one laughing hard when we were making our way out the door was Joe Montana.

It was hysterical, and is a great story at all of our family get-togethers.

legaleagle92481
04-27-2010, 12:16 AM
I was interested in attending this autograph show, but it appears to be at an ice cream shop (last licks)???

https://www.lastlicksicecream.com/category_s/345.htm

Has anyone ever attended one of these Steiner/Last Lick Ice Cream Autograph Signings?

If so, let me know your thoughts.....thanks

It is a collectibles store with an ice cream section they sell bats, balls, photos, game used stuff everything hall of heroes, steiner's other store sells.