PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Montana Jersey

solarlottry
04-26-2010, 05:12 PM
Wondering what everyone thought of the ebay Montana KC Chiefs shirt with 1993 year tag and Bushing letter? Will add link in a bit as unable to on this computer.

i think i have seen this shirt before but it may have been awhile.

TIA
Paul

LWMM
04-26-2010, 06:03 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/1993-JOE-MONTANA-CHIEFS-GAME-USED-WORN-JERSEY-LOA-/150437491851?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2306c5f48b

solarlottry
04-26-2010, 06:10 PM
Thanks for posting the link. i am traveling and the hotel i am staying in wont let me add links to this site.

I wonder if a photomatch with regards to this shirt is possible. i am going to ask the seller for some detailed images etc and see if i can get a match or not. if anyone out there knows anything goog or bad about this shirt, that info would be great.

sox83cubs84
04-27-2010, 03:05 PM
Tags look OK. but I can't get a read on how much wear the jersey has...might be game-issued or pro-cut. The jersey would have to be examined up close and personal to answer those questions.

Dave M.
Chicago area

matt
04-27-2010, 05:02 PM
It is now sold for $2500...

Matt

Mulligans
04-29-2010, 03:07 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/1993-JOE-MONTANA...item2306c5f48b

I have looked at many Photos of Montana in 1993-1994 on line. In all of the photos, the 1993 photos seem to show the Wilson "W" on the left sleeve either above the arm number (1994) or to the left of the arm number (1993).

Does the Ebay photo look like the "W" is directly below the number, or do you think that it is just the way that the Jersey is worn over the arm?

I was not able to find any 1993 KC Jerseys with the "W" directly below the arm #.

Any thoughts?

JasonBanz
04-29-2010, 07:41 PM
The jersey would have to be from 1993 because the numbers are screened. Now considering where the "W" is located, it is not consistent with the jerseys Montana wore. I would probably say it is possibly issued, but more likely pro cut. Plus Montana was injured some of the season.

solarlottry
04-30-2010, 12:35 AM
It sold for the "buy it now" of 2495$ so someone thought it was good enough. Thanks for the help with this shirt. I would think that it would be somewhat easy to match the W on the sleeves to that style. I was able to do it with a Steve Young that i had planned on buying but did not as the W did not match up. I looked thru every Getty image for the 1993 Chiefs and did not find the W in that spot in any of them.
I can remember there being a Chiefs Montana out there years ago for sale and it being dubious at that time. I cant remember if it was red or white but think it was RED for some reason.
Maybe the buyer will post some inquires about the shirt on GUU.

Mulligans
04-30-2010, 06:08 PM
solarlottry...Can you shoot me an e-mail. I sent you a private message, but I'm not sure that you got it.

Jeff

solarlottry
05-01-2010, 10:32 AM
i have a number of 49ers shirts with the W in the same spot that it appears in the images you posted. When you are actually holding the shirts there is no way to get that W into the position it is on the ebay Montana by stretching etc. The W is very noticeably off to the side on the shirts. The W on my 1994 Oates shirt is practically in the arm it which allowed me to at least photomatch the W position.

If anyone has any hints on how to change the image size on iphoto it would be much appreciated as it seems all my images are too big for this site to load. I would love to post images but cant seem to figure out the size issue.