PDA

View Full Version : Fellow Jets fans what do you think of this offseason?

legaleagle92481
04-25-2010, 11:17 AM
I am not a fan of it at all. the defensive line is still ancient and injury prone. There still is no pass rush: Jason Taylor will be 36 and has not had double digit sacks since 2007 and Bill Parcells gave up on him twice and he is only playing on third downs. The league's best running game has been destroyed: Bye bye Thomas Jones and his 1,400 plus yards, Alan Faneca and his stellar run blocking and because of the Connor pick Tony Richardson and his great blocking. Faneca also was the cog who made the whole line better before he came and played next to him Ferguson was on his way to being a draft bust and Mangold had yet to win a pro bowl so he had some pass blocking issues, do they really think a raw rookie from a small school or a former late round pick from last year who has yet to play an offensive regular season snap will far any better or hold up as well against the run? yes, Jones is aging and did not play so well at the end of last year but this would have been the last year of his deal and he did have a leg injury when his production fell and Tomlinson's production has dropped for several straight years and looked horrible last year and has more career carries than Jones. Holmes was a good pickup but he will miss 1/4 of the season and he is no brandon marshall who is now a dolphin. the bottom line is with wilson and the father of the year they upgraded the secondary and holmes upgrades the passing game but they are probably no better than last year where they were lucky to make the playoffs.

legaleagle92481
04-25-2010, 11:19 AM
and trading leon washington their most explosive offensive player when healthy who is still young to add joey mcknight who did nothing but underachieve in college was just dumb. when was the last time a usc running back did anything in the nfl. lendale white and reggie bush have not exactely taken the league by storm.

LastingsMilledge85
04-25-2010, 06:54 PM
There was talk at the end of the season that the Jets would move Washington because of contract and health issues. I think the Dolphins will, for once, be the heavy weight this upcoming season in the AFC East.

JasonBanz
04-25-2010, 09:47 PM
There was talk at the end of the season that the Jets would move Washington because of contract and health issues. I think the Dolphins will, for once, be the heavy weight this upcoming season in the AFC East.

WELL SAID!! :D

LastingsMilledge85
04-25-2010, 09:57 PM
Packer fan to the end, but how could you hate the Dolphins (also helps when I HATE the Jets).

JasonBanz
04-25-2010, 10:41 PM
Packer fan to the end, but how could you hate the Dolphins (also helps when I HATE the Jets).

Just for that remark I'll be rooting for the Pack this year too!

LastingsMilledge85
04-25-2010, 10:44 PM
Miami comes to Lambeau this year, can't remember the last time Miami was up there. Green Bay was in Miami a few years back.

JasonBanz
04-26-2010, 06:13 AM
Luckily the NFL showed Miami favor and put them in Lambeau in October, not December. :)

legaleagle92481
04-26-2010, 09:37 AM
Unfortunately I have to agree with you guys. I was thinking about Brandon Marshall being matched up with Revis the other day and what was lost by many people including me was how most of the guys who Revis shut down last year were over 30 and had lost one or more steps: TO, Moss, Ocho Cinco, Steve Smith, Reggie Wayne and here he was 25 and pretty much in his prime. He seemed to have problems with the younger guys like Ginn and Sims-Walker so I think Marshall with his size, speed, skill and relative youth will give him fits. And the Fish beat them twice last year without Marshall and when Henne was just learning the ropes and the last time was without Ronnie Brown also I believe. But the Ravens are the class of the AFC. With Boldin and Stallworth they now have actual nfl quality wideouts beyond Mason, Kindle and Cody add tremendous talent to an already stacked defense and in the third year is when most young qbs really improve and Flacco has been so good already plus the running game is awesome. The Colts of course also will still be there in the end and the Bengals look scary with their new offensive firepower and Carson will be back to 100%. So I would say the Jets and Fish both are not in the top three teams in the AFC. In the NFC I think the Saints, Vikings, Cowboys, Packers and Falcons all will be better than both of them as well.

LastingsMilledge85
04-26-2010, 11:09 AM
I really think Minnesota will have a nightmare season with the thanks of Favre and I'm betting on a solid year from Cutler.