PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Draft Thoughts............

JasonBanz
04-23-2010, 07:17 AM
Well after last nights draft I'm pretty sure I know everyones surprise pick, Tim Tebow to Denver. My second surprise pick was Rolando McClain to Oakland. I didn't expect him to go in the top 10. Also San Diego trading up to get RB Ryan Matthews? I think I may have gone with Jahvid Best over Matthews. I guess time will tell.

Miami trading down and getting a 2nd rounder(40th) and a 6th with swapping 4th rounders, and ILB Tim Dobbins, I definitely think Miami won out. Then getting big DT Jared Oldrick of PSU. I think this first day went pretty well!

What's your thoughts?

legaleagle92481
04-23-2010, 12:10 PM
Best Picks

Arizona-Dan Williams
Dallas-Dez Bryant
Packers-Bryan Bulga
Dolphins-Jared Oldrick
Detriot-Suh and Best
Tampa Bay-McCoy
Titans-Derrick Morgan
Colts-Jerry Hughes
Bills-Spiller-gives them a playmaker.
No team taking Claussen or Bruce Campbell the guys have bust written all over them.
Skins-Loved the McNabb trade and the pick of Williams times are changing in Washington.

Worst Picks

Jaguars-none of the mocks pegged him as a first rounder.
Denver-Tebow-a Florida quarterback who changed his entire throwing motion this offseason. Florida qbs never make it in the NFL ala Danny Wuerfel, Rex Grossman, Jesse Palmer, etc.
Giants- Jean Pierre Paul will be the next vernon gholston as a pass rusher in the NFL they should have taken Morgan or Dan Williams.
Jets- Kyle Wilson looks like a decent prospect but they already have two starting corners and could have used Sergio Kindle or Jerry Hughes more.
Raiders-McClain-They need alot more than a linebacker should have got a passer rusher or offensive tackle.
Rams-Bradford-The guy is not a franchise QB and Suh and McCoy will be major stars. Plus he has no offense around him. Jackson is getting old and they have nothing resembling a receiving threat.

JasonBanz
04-23-2010, 12:53 PM
Best Picks

Arizona-Dan Williams
Dallas-Dez Bryant
Packers-Bryan Bulga
Dolphins-Jared Oldrick
Detriot-Suh and Best
Tampa Bay-McCoy
Titans-Derrick Morgan
Colts-Jerry Hughes
Bills-Spiller-gives them a playmaker.
No team taking Claussen or Bruce Campbell the guys have bust written all over them.
Skins-Loved the McNabb trade and the pick of Williams times are changing in Washington.

Worst Picks

Jaguars-none of the mocks pegged him as a first rounder.
Denver-Tebow-a Florida quarterback who changed his entire throwing motion this offseason. Florida qbs never make it in the NFL ala Danny Wuerfel, Rex Grossman, Jesse Palmer, etc.
Giants- Jean Pierre Paul will be the next vernon gholston as a pass rusher in the NFL they should have taken Morgan or Dan Williams.
Jets- Kyle Wilson looks like a decent prospect but they already have two starting corners and could have used Sergio Kindle or Jerry Hughes more.
Raiders-McClain-They need alot more than a linebacker should have got a passer rusher or offensive tackle.
Rams-Bradford-The guy is not a franchise QB and Suh and McCoy will be major stars. Plus he has no offense around him. Jackson is getting old and they have nothing resembling a receiving threat.

Well said! I only disagree with one point. Saying Bruce Camplbell will be a bust. I'm a Maryland fan! :p

LastingsMilledge85
04-23-2010, 05:31 PM
Can't imagine Tebow will QB in Denver anytime soon as Orton has looked really well.

JasonBanz
04-23-2010, 08:11 PM
......Colt McCoy's wallet is getting smaller!

TriplexXxSports
04-23-2010, 08:28 PM
Colt McCoy's wallet is getting smaller!

......and smaller! I am very surprised he is still sitting. I thought for sure he would go ahead of Tebo.

JasonBanz
04-23-2010, 09:05 PM
Finally!! Cleveland! Yuck! That's where future superstars dreams die!

JasonBanz
04-23-2010, 09:06 PM
Can't imagine Tebow will QB in Denver anytime soon as Orton has looked really well.
They'll find some package for him. McDaniels is a pretty smart guy.

legaleagle92481
04-24-2010, 01:37 AM

if the broncos repeat last year mcdaniel will be on the hot seat. so he is going to try to buy himself time by developing a qb. orton is not leading a team to the super bowl and tebow won't either but they can sell tebow's potential for awhile which will keep the owner and fans happy.

legaleagle92481
04-24-2010, 11:00 AM
i love what the ravens did. with boldin and now kindle and cody who are both bigtime talents they have a great shot at a super bowl run. who does everyone think will have the most impact on the hobby from this draft say five years from now? it is a hard question since so many of the top players were defensive players and as we all know very few are hobby 'stars' as well as on the field stars. I am going to go with Dez Bryant, as i think he has most talent in the draft and on the Cowboys he will be very sought after.