PDA

View Full Version : Vernon Wells Prices Rising?

soxfan
04-23-2010, 01:47 AM
Anyone notice that the Vernon Wells prices are on the rise?

Any thoughts on whether it is rise that will be sustained, or will they drop again?

Jeremy
macleodjeremy@hotmail.com

metsbats
04-23-2010, 05:34 AM
This is obviously because he has 7 homers and 12 RBIs in only 16 games. If he sustains this pace I'm sure the prices of his stuff will continue to rise. Of course if his pace turns into what he typically has done the prices will adjust too.

The same thing happend to Todd Helton when he was flirting with .400 years back.

Watch Jorge Cantu's prices if he gets close to DiMaggio's 56 game hit streak.

CampWest
04-23-2010, 09:20 AM
I recently picked up a 1999 David Segui Rawlings bat (with "Toronto Blue Jays" on barrel) thats pretty well hammered. I found out after I bought it that it had a #3 on the knob. Segui was traded from Seattle to Toronto in late July 1999, he wore 21 with Seattle and 19 with Toronto. Vernon Wells was called up on 8/30/99 and got 88 at bats in that first rookie action, and he wore #3 during that stint. He switched to #10 in 2000 - only 2 AB. Only played 96 ABs in 2001, before becoming full time MLer in 2002.

So I think its possible that I have acquired (accidentally) one of Vernon Wells' earliest game used bats.

I'll try to post pics this weekend if anyone is interested.

legaleagle92481
04-23-2010, 09:21 AM
Anyone notice that the Vernon Wells prices are on the rise?

Any thoughts on whether it is rise that will be sustained, or will they drop again?

Jeremy

The season is two weeks old, in a month the prices will be through the floor again. He has been a huge bust the last few years and a guy over 30 like he is just does not suddenly turn things around after years of ineptitude. Every year someone has a torrid April and everyone thinks it is the start of something great but by midMay it all falls apart. As two examples, A few years ago Chris Shelton looked like he would challenge the single season homer record in April. Last year Nick Swisher looked like the next superstar Yankee outfielder. Both fell off bigtime. The Jays and Wells have had a hot start but after a few divisional games against the Yanks and Red Sox and Rays and things will change.

soxfan
04-23-2010, 10:03 AM
Wes,

I would very much like to see the photos of your Vernon Wells bat as I am in the same boat.

I have a GU bat of his that is a LVS that is LVS label dated to the 1999 season, nut I cant find any photos of him using it, as he didnt play much that year.

It is pounded and cracked on the handle, but doesnt have his jersey# on the knob of the top of the bat.

Jeremy

Fnazxc0114
04-23-2010, 03:19 PM
I dont have any of his g/u but he is probably one of my favorite players on another team. He's a local guy, and does a few big charity events in the arlington area in the offseason.

CampWest
05-08-2010, 01:45 PM
http://home.everestkc.net/wescampbell/PCollection/SingleSheets/seguiwells%20sheet%20s.jpg

I recently picked up a 1999 David Segui Rawlings bat (with "Toronto Blue Jays" on barrel) thats pretty well hammered. I found out after I bought it that it had a #3 on the knob. Segui was traded from Seattle to Toronto in late July 1999, he wore 21 with Seattle and 19 with Toronto. Vernon Wells was called up on 8/30/99 and got 88 at bats in that first rookie action, and he wore #3 during that stint. He switched to #10 in 2000 - only 2 AB. Only played 96 ABs in 2001, before becoming full time MLer in 2002.

So I think its possible that I have acquired (accidentally) one of Vernon Wells' earliest game used bats.

I'll try to post pics this weekend if anyone is interested.