PDA

View Full Version : Question about a MSU college jersey football

Dreamerfan
04-21-2010, 09:53 PM
I have a michigan state football jersey that I found and I am trying to find the player as there were no names on the back and have done google searches to no end and still have no clue who this player is. If its the one that I think it is I am going to buy it can anyone help??

jppopma
04-30-2010, 03:05 AM
What year is the jersey from? Most college rosters are online somewhere, often deep and you may need to find another team or year and then edit the URL.

tom1315
04-30-2010, 05:43 AM
If you have a sense who the player is go to Getty Images and click in his name and see what results you get. Another option maybe the MSU football equipment manager - or one of his associates - go to the MSU school website - locate the guy in charge and send him an email - ask if he could talk with you about the jersey and he may be able to give guidance. Last option is call the school's booster club and go look through their old programs or publications - if a name player - he will be in many action pictures or simply ones at the beginning of a season maybe wearing your jersey. I was able to go to the GoPack web site and feel good matching up a Wolfpack jersey I have with a player who was with all of the the other players at a meeting where it was "meet the Pack" and all wore their jereys without pads and untucked so you could see the labels.

Good luck!

Tom

Go Pack! - NC State grad 1981

Dreamerfan
05-01-2010, 05:24 PM
What year is the jersey from? Most college rosters are online somewhere, often deep and you may need to find another team or year and then edit the URL.

I know that the jersey is from 1997

CUTiger23
05-02-2010, 07:10 PM
Here is a roster.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/college/stats/1997/news.mmlroster.html

What number are you trying to get?

Dreamerfan
05-03-2010, 11:37 AM
Well it was number 47 and there was no player that wore it that year. I know its that year do to the changes that they made to the reebok logo from one side of the jersey to the other.

jppopma
05-07-2010, 04:51 PM
Hey Dreamer,

Even though #47 is not on the SI roster, sometimes you need to play around with them a little bit. If you pull up the 1998 roster, you will see that #47 is Jud Ayers. He is listed as a RS Sr., so he was likely on the team in 1997 as well.

I did some searching and I am not sure if he played on the team in 1997 or not. One site showed that he was a transfer from EMU in 1997, so I am not sure when the SI roster is put together.

Is this the player you were looking for? If not, let me know what the price was. If it is Ayers, I also found that he is from the town I live in now.

John

Dreamerfan
05-08-2010, 12:46 PM
Hey Dreamer,

Even though #47 is not on the SI roster, sometimes you need to play around with them a little bit. If you pull up the 1998 roster, you will see that #47 is Jud Ayers. He is listed as a RS Sr., so he was likely on the team in 1997 as well.

I did some searching and I am not sure if he played on the team in 1997 or not. One site showed that he was a transfer from EMU in 1997, so I am not sure when the SI roster is put together.

Is this the player you were looking for? If not, let me know what the price was. If it is Ayers, I also found that he is from the town I live in now.

John

Wow your searching skills are better than mine. No he was not the one that I was searching for as I thought that it was Scott Greene not Ayers. I was really hoping for a Greene jersey as he was my favorite spartan growing up. I saw the jersey for 135