PDA

View Full Version : Seattle Mariners TEAM STORE Game Used GALORE !

Lokee
04-21-2010, 03:28 PM
I made yet another journey to the Seattle Mariners team store the other day to see if they had anything new. I picked up a 2009 Bill Hall and a Rob Johnson game worn jersey's. I was going to pick up a Jose Lopez cracked bat but DAMN at 325.00

I manged to take a few pics also a couple prices that completely shocked me. A David Ortiz game used signed cleat for 800.00, Adrian Beltre 2009 gamer for 800.00 and WOW on the Ichiro prices.

The jersey rack is crammed white home, grey and blue.

Pictures are not the best but if you haven't been its a nice set up.

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii96/mlcssb/IMAGE_009.jpg

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii96/mlcssb/IMAGE_010.jpg

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii96/mlcssb/IMAGE_011.jpg

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii96/mlcssb/IMAGE_013.jpg

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii96/mlcssb/IMAGE_012.jpg

MarinersFan34
04-21-2010, 04:11 PM
I hope you got there in time for the 50% off sale. The Bill Hall jerseys were very good prices at that point. Most of the rest are pretty much overpriced. The sign for jerseys says Issued, but that goes along the same lines as the MLB Authentication as some will show lots of use. Anything with Ichiro's signature is priced with a person with deep pockets in mind. $500 baseballs, etc.

I will be there tonight but it's too bad the sale isn't on still but it'll be back I'm sure as they really did not move much at all.

I'm always willing to look for items for folks as I'm there a couple times every homestand we have. *Ichiro GU items never show up in the team store and after the MLB Auctions prices, they never will* On that note, I have a few emails going out soon about some items people have been looking for.

jetersbatboy
04-21-2010, 04:47 PM
Anyone what Ichiro stuff was for sale, and the prices? If so please email me!!
Thanks Scott

soxfan
04-21-2010, 05:25 PM
I was there this past weekend for the last of the 50% off sale, picked up a sweet Jose Lopez gu bat.

I was told that the jerseys on the rack were all just ISSUED, never worn? Was I misinformed? Are they GAME USED?

And if so, Jeremy Morgan, can you shoot me an email?

Thanks!

Jeremy
macleodjeremy@hotmail.com

Lokee
04-21-2010, 05:26 PM
I hope you got there in time for the 50% off sale. The Bill Hall jerseys were very good prices at that point. Most of the rest are pretty much overpriced. The sign for jerseys says Issued, but that goes along the same lines as the MLB Authentication as some will show lots of use. Anything with Ichiro's signature is priced with a person with deep pockets in mind. $500 baseballs, etc.

I will be there tonight but it's too bad the sale isn't on still but it'll be back I'm sure as they really did not move much at all.

I'm always willing to look for items for folks as I'm there a couple times every homestand we have. *Ichiro GU items never show up in the team store and after the MLB Auctions prices, they never will* On that note, I have a few emails going out soon about some items people have been looking for.

I actually did not get there in time but the young guy working the counter gave me the 50% discount because I mentioned I was unable to make it.

Lokee
04-21-2010, 05:27 PM
I was there this past weekend for the last of the 50% off sale, picked up a sweet Jose Lopez gu bat.

I was told that the jerseys on the rack were all just ISSUED, never worn? Was I misinformed? Are they GAME USED?

And if so, Jeremy Morgan, can you shoot me an email?

Thanks!

Jeremy

Yes some of them show for sure signs of use. Especially the cool base ones.

soxfan
04-21-2010, 05:29 PM
Lokee,

Do you live in Seattle?

If so are you willing or able to pick anything from that rack up for me?

Looking for any Lopez, Beltre GAME USED jerseys?

Thanks!

Jeremy

89ASMVPBats
04-21-2010, 05:42 PM
MarinersFan34 aka Jeremy:

Please shoot me an email when you get a chance.

Thanks,
Drew

drewgetty@yahoo.com

Lokee
04-21-2010, 05:51 PM
Lokee,

Do you live in Seattle?

If so are you willing or able to pick anything from that rack up for me?

Looking for any Lopez, Beltre GAME USED jerseys?

Thanks!

Jeremy

I live between Seattle and Tacoma. Email me.

Birdbats
04-21-2010, 06:15 PM
I couldn't make it to the 50 percent off sale since I live in St. Louis. Think they'll give me the discount when I'm out there in June? :D

randyjbeck
04-21-2010, 06:52 PM
If there are any Jeff Weavers or Joel Pinero I would be interested

Mattapan03
04-21-2010, 07:12 PM
Franklin Guitierrez?

Antonio D.
04-22-2010, 12:49 AM
I'm a big Ichiro Suzuki fan. As much as I hate to say this but I think the Seattle Store is definitely OVERPRICED and a bit misleading. Seriously, the Jerseys are 'issued', now I wonder what does that mean? Are they implying that these Jerseys were 'issued' to all Seattle Mariners Athletes but some of these athletes never got a chance to wear them? Or are they implying these Jerseys are game used? Or are they saying the Jerseys are authentic but were never worn by the Seattle Mariners team?

Totally bogus, but that's just me. The Seattle Store should be a little more clear with their sales. I hate it when any business.... not just the Seattle Store... but ANY business who always stalk their customers with their high priced (and misleading) collectibles. Are the overpaying athletes worth that much? I just honestly wish they would make it a little easier for us to buy.

Cheap is good but sports collectibles are addicting. It's like a drug but much better than cocaine/marijuana without all the rehab. :D

Once again, those are really nice photos. The game used/autographed bat/baseball of Ichiro caught my attention! But even I can't afford that. I rather put my money in my IRA instead of spending them so much on sports collectibles. I understand where you guys are coming from.... yep, I feel the same way.... but I'm glad I can hold that temptation.

Thanks for sharing... now how much does the Ichiro Suzuki autographed bat and baseball fetch for? :eek:

Dewey2007
04-22-2010, 01:19 AM
Were any of these jerseys MLB Authenticated? I bought a Brandon Morrow from the Mariners Team Store around the time they first got the '09's in stock and the Morrow jersey was MLB holo'd game used to a game on 9/30/09.

MarinersFan34
04-22-2010, 12:37 PM
Not really sure how it's misleading anyone.

The jerseys are exactly that, jerseys the Mariners issued to players/coaches on the roster. They are not authentics, you can buy those downstairs in the main part of the store and in fact, often cost more($220+) than the player issued ones. Some of these are prsitine, some show light use and others have taken a beating but because of MLB rules on when/how they are authenticated they're listed as Issued. *Every jersey on the rack that I've seen is MLB Authenticated

The wording is odd, yes but that is the wording they have to use per MLB. I believe the home whites are probably listed as Game Used since the authenticator is local to the Seattle area. The road grays will be listed as player issued since the M's authenticator wasn't on the road with the team to get them off the players back after the games. Not sure on the Alts. those could go etiher way I think. I'm not saying this is exact as there could easily be exceptions but this is often the norm.

As for what the sales folks tell you.. I love the team to death but they have nobody working at the team store that has any real clue about gu stuff or what to look for, how to properly care for items, etc. it has been this way for years and they're ok with it. If anything I think the sign about "ask a sale rep for more info" is misleading as the best info they can give is the sale price :rolleyes:

I did not see any Lopez or Beltre but the Beltre might be downstairs in the display case. The jerseys are only from 2009, so no prior years/player such as Weaver or Pineiro, those might show up at FanFest or the Garage Sale.

Lokee
04-22-2010, 05:17 PM
The Beltre is the Blue alternate jersey and it is on the rack upstairs as of the time of me taking the pictures. It showed minimal wear and was 800.00. Some of the jersey's showed a good amount of use and obviously where not just issued. Just like anything you have to do your homework ;)

A lot of the stuff in the cases was overpriced like 200.00 for a game used baseball and 800.00 for a signed David Ortiz cleat (that is one cleat you see in the pics)

Baseball Collector 92
05-28-2010, 11:52 AM
All: Anyone tell me if Safeco Field in Seattle WA has a bunch of collectibles stores there? Never been there but would like to know if the Safeco Field Stadium where the Mariners play has a lot of collectibles?

David
05-28-2010, 02:12 PM
I live 10 minutes from Safeco Field. I'll buy things and resell them here for a small markup :)

Actually, for those have never been to Seattle, Safeco Field is in a nice area. Good for tourists. Nice place to visit.

David
05-29-2010, 03:03 PM
I stopped by the store with my friend yesterday. A few game used items, with high prices. $2,400 for GU David Ortiz bat, $1,400 for Ortiz GU shoe (as in one shoe). I didn't expect to by anything, and enjoyed just looking. One thing is the items were displayed well, so you could look them over and see all those holograms. I was gong to bring my camera but forgot.

A bunch of gu used balls from one of Ichiro's streaks. $200 per ball. Not balls he actually hit, I assume, just used in the game.

Trublubrucru
05-29-2010, 05:40 PM
Wow. From $800 to $1400 in one month, for one Ortiz cleat. How could anyone resist. Seems that the Mariners store has picked up on the utter craziness of raping thier fans for game used. For $1400 bucks you could get 3 or 4 HOFers bats or cleats. Man, what a shame/sham.