PDA

View Full Version : Old Yankee Wall

yanks12025
04-21-2010, 02:01 PM
Hello,
Thought you guys would enjoy this piece, thats why i made it's own thread(too big for the pick up thread). Entering the ring is a piece of old Yankee Stadium padding, comes in at 9 feet tall and 3 feet wide. This thing is huge. The mlb hologram only lists it as being a Yankee Stadium wall pad, but it has to be from the outfield, i can't see this thing being put in the inside batting cage. And it has the wood bottom like the outfield had. Was wondering what you guys thought.

Session Product Description: YANKEE STADIUM WALL PADS

Session Name: YANKEE STADIUM AUTHENTICATION
Session Date: Feburary 13, 2009
Autographer:
Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.

Ollie
04-21-2010, 02:42 PM
Sweet Pick Up Man! I'm jealous!

yankeesjetsfan
04-21-2010, 09:48 PM
Awesome pick up. Where are you keeping that?

Mike

zooat2
04-22-2010, 07:52 AM
- WOW!! That's awesome...I'm supposed to get mine tomorrow. Its going to delivered on a flat bed truck! I'm sacred! :p ..I have no clue where I'm going to put this thing...

- Sooo HELP! Where are you going to put it?

cjclong
04-22-2010, 07:58 AM
That's great! Congratulations. I think people who have gotten artifacts from the old Yankee Stadium are going to be glad they have them in the coming years.

yanks12025
04-22-2010, 10:14 AM
Zooat,
Mine also came on an 18 wheeler. Do you know how big yours is. Also I have no idea where I'm putting it, my ceilings are only 7 1/2 tall. So I think I'm going to mount it sideways on the wall.

zooat2
04-22-2010, 10:30 AM
Zooat,
Mine also came on an 18 wheeler. Do you know how big yours is. Also I have no idea where I'm putting it, my ceilings are only 7 1/2 tall. So I think I'm going to mount it sideways on the wall.

- I asked the trucking company when they called to schedule the delivery and all she told me was that it weighs 100lbs, which according to her is "not that big"?!?...she also said that many buyers have not had the walls shipped because some pieces are way to big....

- Does your's have hooks on the back? or anything?

yanks12025
04-22-2010, 10:39 AM
Well with my other pad it said 100 pounds but turned out to be only 5-10 pounds. Mine does not have hooks but has holes on the back. The bottom piece of wood also has dirt/clay, so that's why I think it was one of the outfield pads. But looking in photos I noticed it's smaller dealing with width and don't know why there's Velcro. Any know where this could have been placed, I'm thinking right field by foul pole.

zooat2
04-22-2010, 11:07 AM
Well with my other pad it said 100 pounds but turned out to be only 5-10 pounds. Mine does not have hooks but has holes on the back. The bottom piece of wood also has dirt/clay, so that's why I think it was one of the outfield pads. But looking in photos I noticed it's smaller dealing with width and don't know why there's Velcro. Any know where this could have been placed, I'm thinking right field by foul pole.

- Ah-ha! Interesting on the weight issue! So I guess I'll see what I get tommorrow...it looks like the wall may have come from down on the foul lines, not neccessarly the outfield wall itself...

- Where is your other piece of wall form? outfield? batting cage?...and do you have any pics?

zooat2
04-22-2010, 03:08 PM
and yanks 12025,

was the smaller wall shipped on a truck as well? or did it come UPS?

yanks12025
04-22-2010, 04:20 PM
Here is my other piece, bought it in their first auction. Mlb says it was used for the ceiling pad of the yankee dugout, this piece also came on an 18 wheeler. Also if anyone finds a photo of the outfield door in right field(not bullpen door), please let me know. I believe this is where my big one came from. Thanks

Mattingly85MVP
04-22-2010, 09:39 PM
this is how I keep my outfield YS wall is displayed...way too tall to stand up unfortunately.

yanks12025
04-23-2010, 08:05 AM
Mattingly,
Nice set up, does the mlb hologram list where its from or just say Outfield Wall, because i know some say indoor batting cage,etc. Aslo whats the size of it. I'll post a photo of where i put mine in the end.

Zooat,
When you get yours if you can post some pics.

Ollie
04-23-2010, 09:33 AM
this is how I keep my outfield YS wall is displayed...way too tall to stand up unfortunately.

Mattingly, have seen your stuff before and you have such a great collection from RYS, I would pay to see it!

Do you know the baseballfever forum? There is a thread about RYS demolition and I'm sure guys would love to see the stuff you have!

Ollie

eric16841
04-23-2010, 12:09 PM
Where are these up for sale or auction?

yanks12025
04-23-2010, 01:03 PM
Where are these up for sale or auction?

Steiner Auctions had them

yanks12025
04-23-2010, 08:24 PM
I think i may have found a photo-match for my section of wall. Only thing i need to find one in color and not in black and white. By any chance if someone has a photo of this same area please let me know. Also i posted the link to the person's flickr because the photo is to big and you need it in original size to see the markings. I believe it's the third one on the left(1st one on the door).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/treeskier/2883229927/sizes/o/in/set-72157607461431255/

Mattingly85MVP
04-23-2010, 08:59 PM
Mattingly,
Nice set up, does the mlb hologram list where its from or just say Outfield Wall, because i know some say indoor batting cage,etc. Aslo whats the size of it. I'll post a photo of where i put mine in the end.

Zooat,
When you get yours if you can post some pics.

thanks...the MLB authentication just says "YANKEE STADIUM WALL PADS"...but the MLB auction I won advertised it as specifically the outfield wall, it also show many ball impact marks which is very cool and several cleat markings with players climbing the wall.
the wall measures over 8ft high, width is a little over 4ft

zooat2
04-23-2010, 09:11 PM
- I got mine today and ITS HUGE!!!....I seriously am overwhelmed and have no idea where I'm going to put it....its also MLB'd as "Yankee Stadium Wall Pads....

- I will get some pics up tomorrow,

Mattingly85MVP
04-23-2010, 09:16 PM
Mattingly, have seen your stuff before and you have such a great collection from RYS, I would pay to see it!

Do you know the baseballfever forum? There is a thread about RYS demolition and I'm sure guys would love to see the stuff you have!

Ollie

I live on baseball fever and the demo thread! I've posted a few items I have on there, and like I've said on that forum- I just try to do my part to preserve as much of the stadium as possible, so many great personal memories there

couple of my favorites right here w/ photo matches while in use

zooat2
04-24-2010, 08:49 AM
Mattingly,

WOW! That's impressive!! you blow my stadium collection away!...What else do you have? I would love to see....

I will try and get my pics up today..

btw, I love the idea of the bunting over the wall, I think I'm gonna do that as well w/ mine, if you dont mind me stealing your idea?:p

Mattingly85MVP
04-24-2010, 10:19 AM
Mattingly,

WOW! That's impressive!! you blow my stadium collection away!...What else do you have? I would love to see....

I will try and get my pics up today..

btw, I love the idea of the bunting over the wall, I think I'm gonna do that as well w/ mine, if you dont mind me stealing your idea?:p

The bunting definitely dresses the wall up a bit...go for it, steiner auctions some off from time to time and a few have appeared on ebay as well
I also have a row of 3 seats (numbered 1,2,3) from the original stadium, but I need to purchase some brackets for them since they aren't free standing. Have stuff that I would just pick off the stadium walls during the final season, i.e. concrete/paint chips/ foul pole paint (from the final game that has "9/21/08" that a fan wrote, which is pretty cool), game used pitching rubber from the home bullpen during the final season (would love to have Mo sign it), game used home plate from the visitors pen from 9/19/08 final series in the stadium, also have caught about 100 batting practice balls from the old and new stadium that I'm trying to figure out how to display (want to do something similar to the ball wall like in the Yankees museum but need to catch more and make more $ for that kind of project)...also tons of ticket stubs most notably my 2 unused tickets from 9-11-01 at Yankee Stadium, Game 4 & 5 2001 WS, final game at Yankee Stadium, among many other items Yankees and Yankee stadium related
(Always interested in purchasing if anyone on here is looking to sell)
Once I start making more $ at work, I will begin buying showcases cases/frames to display some of the stuff

zooat2
04-24-2010, 07:38 PM
The bunting definitely dresses the wall up a bit...go for it, steiner auctions some off from time to time and a few have appeared on ebay as well
I also have a row of 3 seats (numbered 1,2,3) from the original stadium, but I need to purchase some brackets for them since they aren't free standing. Have stuff that I would just pick off the stadium walls during the final season, i.e. concrete/paint chips/ foul pole paint (from the final game that has "9/21/08" that a fan wrote, which is pretty cool), game used pitching rubber from the home bullpen during the final season (would love to have Mo sign it), game used home plate from the visitors pen from 9/19/08 final series in the stadium, also have caught about 100 batting practice balls from the old and new stadium that I'm trying to figure out how to display (want to do something similar to the ball wall like in the Yankees museum but need to catch more and make more $ for that kind of project)...also tons of ticket stubs most notably my 2 unused tickets from 9-11-01 at Yankee Stadium, Game 4 & 5 2001 WS, final game at Yankee Stadium, among many other items Yankees and Yankee stadium related
Once I start making more $ at work, I will begin buying showcases cases/frames to display some of the stuff

-Wow! very very impressive...so you primarly get the stuff from Steiner? As much of a pain in the neck they are, I do deal with them most of time.

Mattingly85MVP
04-25-2010, 01:21 AM
-Wow! very very impressive...so you primarly get the stuff from Steiner? As much of a pain in the neck they are, I do deal with them most of time.

mostly on their auction site, since you can get something significantly cheaper than they charge retail....other times I go ebay. But steiner is a pain from time to time

zooat2
04-25-2010, 07:30 AM
mostly on their auction site, since you can get something significantly cheaper than they charge retail....other times I go ebay. But steiner is a pain from time to time

- Totally agree, going the auction route is much cheaper.

zooat2
04-25-2010, 06:13 PM
-This is my first time psoting a pic, so I hope it worked.

yanks12025
04-25-2010, 06:36 PM
Is your padding from the dugout seat, or is it just bent into two.

zooat2
04-25-2010, 07:25 PM
Is your padding from the dugout seat, or is it just bent into two.

- It's bent in two, this is the only way I can display it...and when u open it up its actually four sides...so I have no idea where it could be from....any idea?

yanks12025
04-25-2010, 07:28 PM
Did you check mlb hologram.

P.S.
I find it funny this whole thread is only 3 of us talking about our walls.

zooat2
04-25-2010, 07:37 PM
Did you check mlb hologram.

P.S.
I find it funny this whole thread is only 3 of us talking about our walls.

- HAHAHA!! Same here!, I was thinking that the other day......yes, the holo just says " Yankee Stadium Wall Pads"....

zooat2
04-25-2010, 07:41 PM
- Here is my ode to the Stadium, not as impressive as Mattingly's, but hopefully I will add more.....I also included another view of the wall

NeonStatus
04-25-2010, 08:44 PM
I did not see anything for sale like the stuff you guys have. The only thing I found was a set of chairs for $1400. Where did you guys manage to find all of these fabulous items?

zooat2
04-26-2010, 08:52 AM
I did not see anything for sale like the stuff you guys have. The only thing I found was a set of chairs for $1400. Where did you guys manage to find all of these fabulous items?

- Most of the items that we have already sold a while ago...but you can still find some good artifacts on the Steiner site....

BULBUS
04-26-2010, 08:58 AM

A lot of it was on Steiners auctions. I picked up a couple of signs from their auctions and one from their regular website.

Mattingly85MVP
04-27-2010, 03:03 PM
- Most of the items that we have already sold a while ago...but you can still find some good artifacts on the Steiner site....

Zooat- where did you get the displace case for the game used base? been looking for one of those for mine
thanks

zooat2
04-27-2010, 03:11 PM
Zooat- where did you get the displace case for the game used base? been looking for one of those for mine
thanks

- This is where I got it:
http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3300970&CAWELAID=236458963

- and btw, I ordered the bunting to cover my wall!

zooat2
04-28-2010, 07:48 PM

- I got the bunting today, and it makes the wall look much more pleasing!! Thanks for the idea!! much appreciated!!