PDA

View Full Version : Ichiro Suzuki Game Used Bat

Antonio D.
04-19-2010, 11:08 PM
How much would it cost to buy an Ichiro Suzuki Game Used Bat in terms of the 'market price' and value online (ebay, sports memorabilia), at sports collectibles stores, with dealers, etc?

On the other hand, can anyone.... and I mean anyone forge or fake an Ichiro Suzuki Game Used Bat (without the records or necessary paperwork)?

Has anyone been a victim? Check out this Game Used bat of Ichiro Suzuki and let me know what some of you think:

jetersbatboy
04-19-2010, 11:22 PM
That is a auto bat!

I have sold and bought a few. I have bought one for as little as $2800 with ADA papers and have seen them sold for as much as $7000 on ebay with ADA papers. They go in japan for as much as $18,00 US for a 2004 bat with ADA papers, and no less then $3500 US.

jetersbatboy
04-19-2010, 11:25 PM
I believe that type of bat was used by Upper Deck for autos.

legaleagle92481
04-20-2010, 01:00 AM
i know you like to pick up stuff cheap but in the game used hobby if a deal is too good to be true it probably is. judging a game used bat is very difficult because just because someone's name is on the barrel does not mean he actually used the bat. players even some who are not teamates often use each other's bats. also a question arises as to whether it was used in a game or during bp or spring training. before buying you should familarize yourself with the brands/models of bat a particular player uses, whether he uses certain models only for bp, his use charteristics i.e. pine tar, if he tapes his bat as some players such as thome tape their bat in a distinctive manner and of course evidence of use ie ball/stich marks on the bat from the bat hitting the ball. you can learn this through videos, photos, from action shots on trading cards and people on here. and even if all this adds up you should still try to photomatch any bat before buying it. when the bat has an mlb hologram on it it saves you alot of work but in lieu thereof you have to be careful. bat forgeries are not like autograph forgeries there are several ways to fake a gu bat. you can doctor a store model bat to look game used which fools novice collectors, you can doctor a game issued bat to appear game used which is very hard to decipher which is why the photomatching and knowing use charcteristics are important. and a final way is a seller may know that a lesser player used the bat bought the item for cheap and tried to flip it as having been used by the star whose name is on the barrell. as for ichiro real stuff is highly sought after and the pacfic rim collectors get into bidding wars for it whenever it becomes available gfc just sold an ichiro gamer for over 17 grand. as someone else said the bat in the picture is merely an autograph bat. as for your email i received it but as i posted in the collector to collector classifieds i am not selling at this time if that changes i will let you know but thank you for your interest.

Antonio D.
04-21-2010, 10:11 AM
legaleagle: Perhaps if a deal is too good to be true then that doesn't mean they're always fake. You'd be surprised that some people are willing sell their collectibles at low prices.

I have familiarize myself with some of Ichiro Suzuki's game used bat. Only downside is that I can't seem to find the specific details about the bats he order because even if I wanted to do that, it costs money. I mean this website has a chart of game used bats that you can order for specific players. Why spend money to do that research?

So does everyone agree this bat is 100% authentic and game used?

i know you like to pick up stuff cheap but in the game used hobby if a deal is too good to be true it probably is. judging a game used bat is very difficult because just because someone's name is on the barrel does not mean he actually used the bat. players even some who are not teamates often use each other's bats. also a question arises as to whether it was used in a game or during bp or spring training. before buying you should familarize yourself with the brands/models of bat a particular player uses, whether he uses certain models only for bp, his use charteristics i.e. pine tar, if he tapes his bat as some players such as thome tape their bat in a distinctive manner and of course evidence of use ie ball/stich marks on the bat from the bat hitting the ball. you can learn this through videos, photos, from action shots on trading cards and people on here. and even if all this adds up you should still try to photomatch any bat before buying it. when the bat has an mlb hologram on it it saves you alot of work but in lieu thereof you have to be careful. bat forgeries are not like autograph forgeries there are several ways to fake a gu bat. you can doctor a store model bat to look game used which fools novice collectors, you can doctor a game issued bat to appear game used which is very hard to decipher which is why the photomatching and knowing use charcteristics are important. and a final way is a seller may know that a lesser player used the bat bought the item for cheap and tried to flip it as having been used by the star whose name is on the barrell. as for ichiro real stuff is highly sought after and the pacfic rim collectors get into bidding wars for it whenever it becomes available gfc just sold an ichiro gamer for over 17 grand. as someone else said the bat in the picture is merely an autograph bat. as for your email i received it but as i posted in the collector to collector classifieds i am not selling at this time if that changes i will let you know but thank you for your interest.

skinsfan0521
04-21-2010, 11:20 AM
legaleagle: Perhaps if a deal is too good to be true then that doesn't mean they're always fake. You'd be surprised that some people are willing sell their collectibles at low prices.

I have familiarize myself with some of Ichiro Suzuki's game used bat. Only downside is that I can't seem to find the specific details about the bats he order because even if I wanted to do that, it costs money. I mean this website has a chart of game used bats that you can order for specific players. Why spend money to do that research?

I don't have any knowledge of this topic, but the people who have responded, have indicated that it is NOT a game used bat, but just a bat used for autographs.

Antonio D.
04-21-2010, 03:28 PM
I don't have any knowledge of this topic, but the people who have responded, have indicated that it is NOT a game used bat, but just a bat used for autographs.

skinsfan0521: Sorry for the misunderstanding. Thanks for clarifying. Ok, so the seller told me this bat is game used. Obviously he is lying. It is probably a 'store model' bat. However, I asked him to take a picture of the knob for me. He told me he was going to do that but I have not heard from him yet.

Hmm..... things are getting a bit suspicious. Gonna keep my eyes open on this forum. Gonna ask the seller a few questions too. Thanks everyone!

legaleagle92481
04-22-2010, 11:31 AM

Of course it does not mean a good deal is always fake but the better the deal the better chance it is. Game used items of certain players are extremely sought after, rare and valuable. Ichiro, Griffey, Pujols and Joe Mauer being the current baseball superstars who are at the top of this list. Their stuff just is not on the market in a quantity anywhere near the demand. Ichiro has sold some stuff and it comes with his agent's loa and hologram and goes for huge, huge money I am talking several grand. Any legitimate and in many cases nonlegitmate Ichiro game used item on Ebay or in an auction house auction generates frenzied bidding particular from collectors in Asia. To have obtained an Ichiro game used item has always been costly he was a huge star in Japan, came to the USA and instantly won the Rookie of the Year, MVP and batting title. He has been an allstar and hit over .300 with 200 hits every year of his career there has been no down time to pick his stuff up. So anyone selling something legit paid alot for the item and is unlikely to give it away cheap. Even if someone's flat broke if they put it on Ebay in a 3 day auction they will still get big money for it. A game used bat typically evidences various marks on it from the baseballs hitting it, etc. and many players use pine tar and tape although I do not know if Ichiro does. The bat in question is way too clean to be a game used bat.

CampWest
04-22-2010, 11:52 AM
Here is a very similar bat and comments from John Taube...

Ichiro Suzuki Auto'd Professional Model Bat (Not Game Used)
Mizuno Professional Model Ichiro bat, from the 2003 season, has been autographed perfectly by Ichiro. The bat is un-cracked, showing no evidence of game use. This beautiful Ichiro bat measures 33.5 inches in length and weighs 31 ounces. Ichiro's silver paint pen autograph displays brilliantly on the bat's high gloss ebony finish. Stamped into the knob is the number (51).

An outstanding autograph bat of the Mariners superstar! The bat is accompanied by our PSA/DNA Letter of Authenticity.

https://www.digitalfm.com/gameusedbats/pics/items/Ichro(4-16)web.JPG

Antonio D.
04-22-2010, 06:14 PM
legaleagle92481: Dude, you're too smart to be writing this stuff but thanks for the educational lesson... and for sharing your knowledge on baseball collectibles.

So, obviously, we all 'suspect' this Ichiro Suzuki baseball bat is NOT game used but, rather, it is a 'store model' bat.

If that's the case then does anyone here know how much an Ichiro Suzuki 'store model' bat fetch for? I saw some online and it's around $124.99 or so? I believe this kind of bat is a Mizuno MZP51 Model bat.

Of course it does not mean a good deal is always fake but the better the deal the better chance it is. Game used items of certain players are extremely sought after, rare and valuable. Ichiro, Griffey, Pujols and Joe Mauer being the current baseball superstars who are at the top of this list. Their stuff just is not on the market in a quantity anywhere near the demand. Ichiro has sold some stuff and it comes with his agent's loa and hologram and goes for huge, huge money I am talking several grand. Any legitimate and in many cases nonlegitmate Ichiro game used item on Ebay or in an auction house auction generates frenzied bidding particular from collectors in Asia. To have obtained an Ichiro game used item has always been costly he was a huge star in Japan, came to the USA and instantly won the Rookie of the Year, MVP and batting title. He has been an allstar and hit over .300 with 200 hits every year of his career there has been no down time to pick his stuff up. So anyone selling something legit paid alot for the item and is unlikely to give it away cheap. Even if someone's flat broke if they put it on Ebay in a 3 day auction they will still get big money for it. A game used bat typically evidences various marks on it from the baseballs hitting it, etc. and many players use pine tar and tape although I do not know if Ichiro does. The bat in question is way too clean to be a game used bat.

Antonio D.
05-02-2010, 02:21 PM
Guys, I'm going to add pictures of the Ichiro Suzuki bat (according to the seller, he says it is game used but most of you say it is an auto bat or a bat used for autographs).

Check this out. Here's a picture of the knob, COA, and bat (again):

Please give me your thoughts. Thanks!

jetersbatboy
05-02-2010, 02:46 PM
Auto bat!! I have never seen ichiro write his number on any of his bats. The use looks off too! If you need info on the use email me.

Masimen
05-02-2010, 02:53 PM
Aside from the bat, you gotta love the Taiwanese COA. Nothing counterfeit ever comes out of Taiwan :D

legaleagle92481
05-02-2010, 03:55 PM
nice trademark infringement on the coa. you have to be very careful about buying internationally also be sure to use paypal otherwise if you get scammed you have no protection.

Antonio D.
05-02-2010, 07:41 PM
masimen, legaleagle, jeterboy: thanks a bunch! I will try asking the seller more questions. From the sound of it, it looks like I will lean more towards your opinions.

Appreciate it.

Gonna send you an email to you jeterboy. Thanks.